Purchased/Purchasing a Sprinter Van?

brennaotm

Active Expediter
Hey guys. I'm wondering how many of you regular readers and posters have purchased or are thinking of purchasing a Sprinter Van? And did you come here to research or get others' opinions?

Thank you! :)

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
Yes, I have purchased 2 Sprinters .... 2003 and 2008 model, and would purchase a new 2011, 3500, 170" extended, 9900 pound configuration, BUT MY WIFE WONT LET ME!

She so mean, thinking of herself, wanting to retire and take me to places like Aruba and Hawaii! (Shame on her!)

Did you see this link? http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/truck-talk/44084-sprinter-threads.html

Yeah Notanewbie, the nerve of her. Taking you to Aruba and Hawail . Can't even get there by Sprinter LOL.

jimmy

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Is there a place where used sprinters wind up , and not the junkyard please.lol,,,thought there might be such a dedicated lot of them somewhere in the USA>:D

cj6350

Active Expediter
Just odered new sprinter 170 ext best price i found was with Shawn @ Germain also added sleeper also had the suspension seat very nice

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Does the Sprinter suspension seat add enough comfort to justify the cost?

I do recognize that someone must make payments on a new ride, but the main theme in here to be successful in expediting is not to have any payments on a van or whatever> .:D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
While anyone that doesn't have a van/truck payment will be in a better profit position, if you think that people are not out ere in arge numbers that have a payment, thats just silly...LOL...I came into the business 3.5 yrs ago debt free, i know own 2 trucks and owe money on the new one....the new one is making 1.5 times the money the old one does...I and most of those that make payments are profitable...

That being said, is wouldn't go in debt with a van/truck payment from the very start...pay cash fr a used sprinter and learn the business. Figure out how to make money and then move up to whatever works for you, even f that means making payments...

I ask nothing of any of my businesses other then they support themselves..i will fund them upfront for 6 months to 1 yr, after that they must be on their own, no more cash from me persnally...i have made money in expediting from day 1...so yes yo can make money and make payments on a truck, its just not wise to try it as you learn the business....

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
sold my western star on eo and bought my first sprinter
on here

2nd sprinter bought from dodge dealer
3rd sprinter bought from tysinger in hampton va
now i'm selling them to