Progressive Insurance refuses to pay claim and pays lawyer to defend the other driver

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Re: Progressive Insurance refuses to pay claim and pays lawyer to defend the other dr

You're mad at Progressive because they refused to cover you for something they didn't insure you for? Seriously?

Yes turtle that is it...NO! It was in my policy paperwork i was being charged for it but when i needed it they said i never added that to the policy. All while it was right there in black and white.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Re: Progressive Insurance refuses to pay claim and pays lawyer to defend the other dr

Yes turtle that is it...NO! It was in my policy paperwork i was being charged for it but when i needed it they said i never added that to the policy. All while it was right there in black and white.
If it was in your policy paperwork, and you were being charged for it, and if you paid it, and it was all right there in black and white, then it's an open and shut, slam-dunk that should take about 15 minutes for you to win in court.

I'm guessing there's more to the "a bunch of fiasco" than I've read here thus far. :D

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Nope rear ended by uninsured,tried filing claim and hear "sorry you don't have uninsured motorist" I argued it with every supervisor there with no results. Other driver was ticketed,not me so it should have been easy to settle.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

There's your problem right there: "I argued it with every supervisor there with no results."

Should have shown 'em the black and white. Works every time.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator

Been there done that and Progressive stepped up to the plate and took care of everything.

Rear ended by a uninsured motorist, over $27,000 dollars damage to our truck and no questions asked just fix the truck. We had the coverage we needed to handle this situation and we worked with several people at Progressive from the initial call to the adjusters and we were always treated with professional curtesy. The check was cut and in our possession within a week of the adjuster seeing our truck with the stipulation that if anymore damage was found on the truck to let them know and another check would be in the mail. We could not have asked for better customer service as we were back on the road and depended on the adjuster to keep us informed. That adjuster called us weekly until the truck was fixed to our satisfaction.

Our daughter had hail damage on her car which is insured through Progressive. She did not see the hail damage till a week after the storm, once again no problem with the insurance they did what they said they would do.

I can only speak of our experience with Progressive and I thank my lucky stars the day I called CIS for a quote not only on the money we have saved over the years on our premiums, but on how they handled our situation. A TOP NOTCH company in my book.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter

Well there is a reason why I WILL NOT use progressive any longer. I dropped them after a bunch of fiasco involving accident I was in that was no fault to me (Rear ended at redlight) by someone with no insurance and my policy was supposed to cover but guess what? It didn't so i got stuck using junk yard parts and fixing myself. Hello All State!

Oh boy, All State. Had them for 30 yrs and I could tell you some horror stories. Just remember, insurance companies are run by pro's and lawyers. Who do you think would win, trucker or ???

If you don't have specific coverage for a claim, they will never volunteer to pay for it.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Oh boy, All State. Had them for 30 yrs and I could tell you some horror stories. Just remember, insurance companies are run by pro's and lawyers. Who do you think would win, trucker or ???

If you don't have specific coverage for a claim, they will never volunteer to pay for it.

Mine is personal vehicle insurance. That's the only problem I had with progressive but it was enough to make me switch.