presidential candidates

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
Of all the candidates is there even one among them that will stop this kind of wastefull spending of tax payer dollars???????

$1.96 million to replace buses in and around Victoria

$25,000 to install security cameras at Fox Run Apartments in Victoria

$10 million for Boston, Mass., “Reach Out and Read” national center

$26 million for Washington, D.C. “Reading is Fundamental” program

$8 million for the marketing of wild American shrimp

$2.5 million requested “to redevelop historic downtown area and to purchase trash cans, bike racks and decorative street lighting

So with spending like this every year that turns into billions a year wasted.So again is there even one of the candidates that will even try and put a stop to this???

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Of all the candidates is there even one among them that will stop this kind of wastefull spending of tax payer dollars???????

$2.5 million requested “to redevelop historic downtown area and to purchase trash cans, bike racks and decorative street lighting

So with spending like this every year that turns into billions a year wasted.So again is there even one of the candidates that will even try and put a stop to this???

No............

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Nope, and what you site is MINOR spending. How many of our "candidates" will eliminate the Department of Education? The Department of Commerce? Energy? EPA? So on and so forth?

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
Nope, and what you site is MINOR spending. How many of our "candidates" will eliminate the Department of Education? The Department of Commerce? Energy? EPA? So on and so forth?

I understand the example are minor I could list hundreds of minor spending that turn into billions a year and over say ten years trillions.My point is they add up.When the Minor spending is look at just that minor no one will ever do anything about it.As far as Eliminateing these useless departments no one will no matter who says they will, they will not.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yep, you are right of course. Too bad that there is NOT a candidate with the stones to start eliminating entire departments.

greg334

Veteran Expediter

Nope not one will.

It is like in the movie Dave, The "president" asked the department of commerce secretary why are "we" spending $47 million on an ad campaign to boost consumer confidence in the American Auto industry, and the secretary of commerce said it "was to boaster individual's confidence in a previous American automobile purchase". So Dave's response was "we spend 47 million on an ad campaign for a car somebody already bought?"

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nope not one will.

It is like in the movie Dave, The "president" asked the department of commerce secretary why are "we" spending $47 million on an ad campaign to boost consumer confidence in the American Auto industry, and the secretary of commerce said it "was to boaster individual's confidence in a previous American automobile purchase". So Dave's response was "we spend 47 million on an ad campaign for a car somebody already bought?"

Yeah, too bad nobody gave the REAL answer as to why they do that. Like which congressman, senator and/or president, or all of the above, are getting a kickback in the form of a "campaign contribution" from the add company.

"Dave" was a "cute comedy" for a left wing movie. Mildly funny. Fair writing, very predictable. Just another "political humor" movie. Nothing special.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So again is there even one of the candidates that will even try and put a stop to this???

7670374.jpg

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
Layout you don't like Obama care? How can you object to everyone having to get insurance to fix themselves when they're ill?

You have to have vehcile insurance to drive your car, have to have even more insurance on your truck and for most mortgages you have to have various forms of insurance for the mortgage, life and property, so why not insurance for medical.

Yeah I know he made it a law you have to, not a personal choice but they do the same for vehciles in many places so what's the difference. Just another policy you pay for.

Really it isn't so bad having forced health care insurance. Just another cost off the pay cheques.
Rob

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Layout you don't like Obama care? How can you object to everyone having to get insurance to fix themselves when they're ill?

You have to have vehcile insurance to drive your car, have to have even more insurance on your truck and for most mortgages you have to have various forms of insurance for the mortgage, life and property, so why not insurance for medical.

Yeah I know he made it a law you have to, not a personal choice but they do the same for vehciles in many places so what's the difference. Just another policy you pay for.

Really it isn't so bad having forced health care insurance. Just another cost off the pay cheques.
Rob

The FEDERAL government has no LEGAL authority under the Constitution to use FORCE to require me to buy something that I do not wish to buy. Car insurance is NOT a Federal but a State issue.

I refuse to buy it. I refuse to pay the fine. How much force do YOU think is valid to FORCE me to buy a product that I don't wish to buy? It does boil down to that. I WILL use all means I have to resist a law that is unconstitutional. INCLUDING firearms. That is what this law is setting up. Do you or do you not believe in the rule of the Constitution?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
"Dave" was a "cute comedy" for a left wing movie. Mildly funny. Fair writing, very predictable. Just another "political humor" movie. Nothing special.

Actually it was a good movie because it brought up a few issues about the truth in the WH, primarily the arrogance of the staff or maybe you missed that part. If you go into it with a slant on it being liberal, you will see the things you want to see but it does make a good statement about the WH.

By the way, think about this for a moment, if we had a president who took seriously jobs and the budget, then would we have these problems with the idiots we have had in the past?

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
I can agree the feds should not over step their boundaries. However the feds are already involved with the retirees of the country. In being involved from that angle this is a small step towards change where the feds have figured that things should be better by making insurance mandatory. Should they have done it through the states instead? Who can make a law like this which affects the entire country? This may not be the way to go about it but it is the way they have chosen and quite possibly one of the court challenges will make a change, but until such happens we have to see what develops.

You already buy this product or a form of it by your own choice as it is really something you need to have. Yes the prudent person will have this coverage by choice or by working where it is available and some even go and get more coverage, but that is becoming more expensive every year and for some companies it is becoming a problem to keep a decent health benefit in place.

The government will pass laws we don't like and whether or not within their area of jurisdiction and the people will object and oppose and fight such laws but unfortunately some form of change is coming to a lot of areas where we shall see more boundary breaking. The immigration question in southern states is an example and more to come.

I certainly agree being forced is not my first option nor my second but as time goes on the affordability of health care is being reduced. What does the future hold not only for those not insured but for those whose rates are increasing way beyond wages ability to keep up with a growing living expense level?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I dont remember anyone forcing me to buy a car....so if i dont have a car, i dont have to have insurance on it....same as a home...if it is paid for, i am not forced to buy insurance to protect it....:rolleyes:

And as Joe pointed out, the FEDERAL government does not have the lawful Constitutional power to force the purchase of health insurance....now on the STATE level, tha:rolleyes:ts a different thing....but then i can move to another state also...