Possibly useful info

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ok, this has nothing to do with expediting, or driving either - just women.
I've noticed that my name is often misspelled here, with a second 'r' added. I'm not complaining - I get a kick out of it, actually, and think that if I ever do another name change, (about when He** has iceskating parties!) I might just add the second 'r', lol.
"Another name change"?! Yes, ladies - when you change your name, whether because of marriage or divorce, it is a legal name change. If you've ever wanted to change any part of your name, that's the time to do it - free & easy.
My eldest daughter began spelling her name "Apryl" back in high school, and was told when enrolling for nursing school, that the name on her drivers' license didn't match the spelling on her birth certificate, and unless she'd legally changed it, they weren't going to allow her to enroll. She was quite upset, until I asked her whether she hadn't signed her marriage certificate with her preferred spelling - she had, and that made it legal.
I posted this because it's not generally known, and just might come in handy for someone else, someday.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Sorry Cherri, I don't see the point.

Many spell my name Gregg when it is a known fact that my parents only had enough money for 2 g's not 3 and that I had nothing to do with short hand.

Apryl, apriel, apple - I guess there is a bunch of ways to spell months of the year.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Greg, thank you for clearing up the "G" thing. Both of my parents are dead and I never knew why I was a 2 "G" Greg instead of a 3 "G" Greg. Now I know. I guess times were tough and I am content with only 2 "G's". I feel fortunate that I have at least 2 "G's" because apparently there some with only one "G". Often times I have been asked: Greg? Is that with one "G" or two?

Cherri, Apryl is just like the month, only spelled different. Where have you heard that before?

As for Moot, I will probably always be a two "o" Moot. Unless I qualify for some dairy subsidy and the government will give me moo money for an extra "o".

Mr. Bovine

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
Heard a comedian talk about his name which was Greg also. Said he was in a store buying something and the sales girl needed his name.
She asked whats your name sir, he said Greg, How do you spell that,
He say G as in gnat r - e - g

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Ok guys, just think if your name happened to be "INDIA" - I always have to add "like the country!" The bank mis-spelled my name and I called to correct it and they spelled it wrong AGAIN. I finally went to the bank to get the problem settled once and for all. Their solution: "Sorry, but it would be best if you would just run over to the courthouse and change your name to our spelling." Sigh! India, like the country. :)

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
"Talent is God-given; be thankful.
Praise is man-given; be humble
Conceit is self-given; be careful."

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Greg, I said it was of interest to women - men typically don't change their names for marriage or divorce. And most women don't know that as it constitutes a legal name change, they could take advantage of that, to change their first or middle name, as well - something they probably wouldn't have bothered to do otherwise.
I have always said that 'impulsive' is my middle name, it just doesn't look like it on my birth certificate, because my Mom can't spell for sh** ;)
Does anyone else scratch their head in wonder, when ordering a pizza, or putting your name on the waiting list at a busy restaurant, and they ask how to spell your name?!

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
Let's see, on a whim, thru marriage or divorce, a woman gets to change her name "legally".
Now she has a different "legal" name............now she has to change her drivers liscense, social security card, bank documents, etc....
is it really worth the time?
Wonder how it would look going into Canada sometime with one name on your birth certificate and another listed somewhere else.......Think you'd be there a LONG TIME explaining that one to the customs agent...

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
>Wonder how it would look going into Canada sometime with one
>name on your birth certificate and another listed somewhere
>else.......Think you'd be there a LONG TIME explaining that
>one to the customs agent...

Suds, married women who have taken their husband's name have this anyway, changing one's name for ANY reason doesn't change the name on the birth certificate. If she's taking her maiden name back after a divorce, all of her documentation must be changed anyway, the same as it was when she married, but many times the later change is done with a wicked smile on her face!!!