political correctness tsars, Are you one of them?

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
WATCH WHAT YOU SAY!

I guess that it is alright that we have repealed the 1st Amendment to the US Constitution. We no longer have free political speech. Or perhaps we have free political speech as long as we adhere to the rules set down for us by the various political correctness tsars.

I know that I am old and senile and that I sometimes forget stuff. Perhaps SOMEONE could do a post in which to list all the things that can NOT be discussed and all the groups or human catagories that we can NOT talk about.

Whites can't talk about blacks
Gringos can't talk about Hispanics
Men can't talk about women or abortion
Christians can't talk about God
Conservatives can't talk bad about Liberals
Repubs can't talk bad about Dems
The elite MSM can't be criticized
Academics of all levels can not be exposed as ideologically driven malcontents.

Gee, I know that I am missing some catagories here. I am sick and tired (you can't be sick without also being tired) of people walking around with a chip on their shoulder just daring others to offend them. There is a whole list of people that I enjoy offending for that very reason, and the list is getting longer every day. Supposed Repubs that refuse to be team players and insist on jumping out front to criticize other Repubs is a catagory rapidly moving up to the top of my list.

So now conservatives are required to criticize Tom DeLay, Rush Limbaugh, Bill Bennett, the Minutemen, pro-life activists, anyone that wants to enforce the immigration laws, anyone that opines that people should do some things for themselves instead of waiting for the Feds to give them handouts, anyone that dares to suggest that the Louisiana elected and appointed officials might not have done their jobs before and during and after Katrina. How many did I miss?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
RE: political correctness tsars, Are you one of th

Tony: you left TallCall off the list...:+

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

You also forgot the excuse makers for big oil. And those who like to point out that gas is cheaper than it was in the 50's, when adjusted for inflation.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Cheri, What have you ]done. TallCal can't help it that he is a California Liberal. When you are inundated with liberal HogWash and political correctnes 24 hours a day you become slightly brainwashed.

Now Michael Savage in San francisco has a California listening audience of 10 so that is why he must broadcast nationally.

No Offense Tall,just a little humor on a boring Saturday.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member

I must confess.

I am a politically uncorrect minority (a Straight Christian Male :) )

I had one Mom and one Dad. I've been married to the same woman for almost 18 years, and have 2 kids who are Above the Inflence. I've been known to fly a flag and say "Under God" when I pledge my allegiance to that flag, I vote, watch Fox News AND CNN, and actually think my congressman might read my letter when I write him!

As Gretchen Wilson said "I'm for The Bible, and I'm for the Flag. I'm for the working man, me and ol' Hag. I'm just one of many, can't get no respect.. Politically Uncorrect"

I await my punishment!

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

[img src="http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_6_7.gif"]
[img src="http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_4_24v.gif"]

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

TallCall knows I love him, even when we don't agree, lol. People think I'm politically correct sometimes, & are pretty surprised to find that when my teenage daughter wears her favorite shirts, the ones that say "Remington kids shoot straight" & "Throw me a target, if you dare" , I back her right to wear them, 100%. She has a rifle marksmanship trophy, & likes to shoot trap, so she isn't being an agitater, it's what she is proud of, & I'm proud of her for not going along with the crowd, but making her own decisions.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member

Good deal Cheri. I taught both my kids to shoot. I forgot to ad that to the 'uncorrect' list.. LOL.

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

Ability is what you're capable of doing...
Motivation determines what you do...
Attitude determines how well you do it. (Lou Holtz)
-------------------

---------

greg334

Veteran Expediter

ok parents please tell me something, not going into detail about my former co-worker but he is liberal, sometimes I think he is more liberal than TallCal. He searched out a school and move to the area so his kids can attend ROTC.

My confusion is that he says that he had really find the school that had openings in the ROTC programs, I would think in todays climate that ROTC programs would be non-existent.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Greg, I don't know anything about ROTC programs. I learned to shoot, & my daughter did too, because I believe that gun safety is not possible if you don't know anything about guns. I thought it irresponsible to not prepare her for the admittedly small chance that she'd encounter a gun someday, maybe at a friend's house, because every gun in our house was locked in a safe, but I wanted her to know what to do, same as I taught her to swim - because it could be a matter of life or death. It just happened that she really enjoys target shooting, & I enjoy the look on the teenage boys' faces when they learn that she is a very good shot! ;)

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Greg

The ROTC program is a free ride to an education. If a kid today is serious about his education, joining the ROTC program not only offers a free scholarship but provides living expenses as well.