Police evict protesters

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Dave,
They have a cohessive message, they're marxists. Glenn Beck has been running audio from actual protest organisers since this stuff started. Its interesting he is the only Major media figure doing it.

Hadn't heard that. But I haven't listened to Glen Beck in a long time.

clcooper

Expert Expediter
I think they have the right to protest but I think they over stepped their bounds by affecting many local business whether through vandalism or the other reported stories.
Are they all made up? Hard to tell.
For the supporters here, I think many would think differently if they protested your trucks for a few months, vandalised and refused to let you leave to pick up that load.
Don't see much different with some of their behavior regardless of the cause.
Some talk quite a lot, but it is much easier when you are not involved and looking at it from a distance.

are those local business doing anything to help those people get jobs . are they going to the government and saying bring the jobs back to the USA . NOPE just like a lot on here they are still working for now and they are not worried about it .

so when some body says something bad about the millitary and is told to come to where somebody else lives and say that to their face . is a better person then the protesters

Some talk quite a lot, but it is much easier when you are not involved and looking at it from a distance.

think about what you just said

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Detroit protesters vowed to be peaceful and leave if they are told. We have heard nothing about any rioting this morning, we usually would.

WOW!

Detroit. peaceful, no roiting or serious issues.

Who would of thought. :rolleyes:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
are those local business doing anything to help those people get jobs . are they going to the government and saying bring the jobs back to the USA . NOPE just like a lot on here they are still working for now and they are not worried about it .

OK.....these business get vandalised and blocked from operating and in turn lay off their employees. So your solution is for them to layoff their employees so they can help bring jobs to the US.
Might want to read what you just posted.
Absolutely brilliant. :rolleyes:

sparkle8859

Seasoned Expediter
OK.....these business get vandalised and blocked from operating and in turn lay off their employees. So your solution is for them to layoff their employees so they can help bring jobs to the US.
Might want to read what you just posted.
Absolutely brilliant. :rolleyes:

I don't know where you think these people are protesting but I can tell you there in PUBLIC PARKS! There are no businesses getting vandalizes. Take NY, zucotti park for instance did you know that wall street is actually closed during the day, you have to have a special badge that says you work on wall street to get in. All the bad press is to try and shut them up and you are helping. So far I have read on here that they are privileged, they stink,there worthless,and squatters.That may very well be but I can tell you that those people changed the conversation in this country from paying down the deficit, to jobs. As a truck driver I would think that you would support that considering that our lively hood depends on the middle class having money to buy stuff.did you forget you job description? Are we in an alternate universe? how can any of you put these people down when they are advocating for you. Its absurd! I'm so tired of these disparaging comments that people regurgitate from these talking heads in the media. don't you think that glen beck would cut his audio to fit his agenda? Start thinking for yourself! Listen to both sides and then make the decision for yourself.

sparkle8859

Seasoned Expediter

did you read the artical or just the head line. here Ill help you

Epstein said he supports people's right to protest, but said the biggest problem is the police barricades that have lined Wall Street since Sept. 17, making it difficult for people to see his restaurant and cross the street to get to it. Epstein has also had to contend with closed subway entrances, police checkpoints and frequent Occupy Wall Street marches, which he said have dampened the Financial District's formerly thriving street life.

Read more: Cafe Laid Off 21 Workers Because of Occupy Wall Street, Owner Says - DNAinfo.com

"If we don't get these barricades down, we will be out of business," Epstein said Monday. "I give myself three weeks."

Read more: Cafe Laid Off 21 Workers Because of Occupy Wall Street, Owner Says - DNAinfo.com

WAIT A MINUTE< did that just say that he is loosing business due to the fact that the police put up barricades? Ask yourself this why are they trying so hard to shut these people down? And just how much MONEY has Bloomberg and the police dept take from the bankers on wall street? Maybe that has something to do with it. AND what a great way to turn public opinion against this movement. I wonder who owns that paper could you tell me? thanks for the help.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
There are numerous articles from a variety of places basically saying the same thing. A search will bring up quite a few.
It isn't whether they have some valid points, it is how they are going about it.
Yes, the police put up the barricades. I don't believe they were put up to block the sunshine. Maybe it was to block the protesters?:rolleyes:

sparkle8859

Seasoned Expediter
There are numerous articles from a variety of places basically saying the same thing. A search will bring up quite a few.
It isn't whether they have some valid points, it is how they are going about it.
Yes, the police put up the barricades. I don't believe they were put up to block the sunshine. Maybe it was to block the protesters?:rolleyes:

Your right Dave they did not put them up to block the sunshine its NY there is no sunshine. What they did do is put them up so that AMERICANS couldn't exercise there first amendment right od free speech! Where is your patriotism now? Or do republicans only scream about that when it fits there needs. May I remind you that tea party participants came to rally's strapped with GUNS! We diddent like it but respected there right to do so!

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't know where you think these people are protesting but I can tell you there in PUBLIC PARKS! There are no businesses getting vandalizes.
First of all, Zuccotti Park is NOT a public park - it's private property owned by the Brookfield Group.

Secondly, there are a number of reasons to get them out of there, crime and health hazards being the most important.

Thirdly, their freedom of speech rights don't usurp the rights of private property owners. With that in mind, consider that by occupying the park they are denying access to others that live and work in the area in addition to interfering with the customers' access that frequent the local businesses there.

It all boils down to the fact that this "Occupy" movement has evolved from a genuine protest to a public nuisance. The rights of the protesters end where the rights of others begin.
"The [protesters] have not demonstrated that they have a First Amendment right to remain in Zuccotti Park, along with their tents, structures, generators and other installations to the exclusion of the owner's reasonable rights and duties to maintain Zuccotti Park, or to the rights to public access of others who might wish to use the space safely," Manhattan Supreme Court Judge Michael Stallman wrote in a four-page decision.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I was afraid to say it was a private park because a select few would say that is made up.
Secondly, I don't know how this is a protest against "republicans"
They're both in their wasting money away.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I guess this occupy does one good thing: Newspaper sales must be up, talkshow host have something else to exploit, Fox, CNN,and all the rest have an automatic fill in and EOL folks aren't bored because it makes great volumes of he said,she said statements.

clcooper

Expert Expediter
some poeple need to take the white sheets off their heads because they cant see out the two eye holes to good .

and they need to stop drinking the koolaid . and learn to think for themselfs . when they look at their own rights and freedoms are they only just for themselfs or are the rights and freedoms for ALL MEN

the government is too big , but we need they government to stop these protesters .

keep haveing TEA with the British . your fellow freinds and family will fight and die for you to have your rights and freedoms also

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
I don't know where you think these people are protesting but I can tell you there in PUBLIC PARKS! There are no businesses getting vandalizes. Take NY, zucotti park for instance did you know that wall street is actually closed during the day, you have to have a special badge that says you work on wall street to get in. All the bad press is to try and shut them up and you are helping. So far I have read on here that they are privileged, they stink,there worthless,and squatters.That may very well be but I can tell you that those people changed the conversation in this country from paying down the deficit, to jobs. As a truck driver I would think that you would support that considering that our lively hood depends on the middle class having money to buy stuff.did you forget you job description? Are we in an alternate universe? how can any of you put these people down when they are advocating for you.Its absurd! I'm so tired of these disparaging comments that people regurgitate from these talking heads in the media. don't you think that glen beck would cut his audio to fit his agenda? Start thinking for yourself! Listen to both sides and then make the decision for yourself.

well here is just one story and its from business owners but seeing it is from fox you may have a problem with it.Never mind the fact that its the owners saying the protesters are doing these things,Fox is just reporting it.

how can any of you put these people down when they are advocating for youLet me be very clear here they are advocating nothing for me.I do not think I have a right to happiness or a job,free collage degree,healthcare or to own my own home.More over I do not belive that someone else should have to help pay for some of those things.I dont belive that just because someone makes more then I do they should have to pay more to make things equal.

I guess those bank windows out in oakland broke themselfs right.Perhaps one of the biggest problems im having with them is that they say they are not tied to either party.Go on any of the websites the protesters have put up say anything good about republicans,Paul,Cain,Newt,perry or any of them you are called a troll and baned.Say anything bad about democrats or Obama and you are labed a troll and baned.Yet you can write anything you want about democrats as long as its good and you are told good point.

They love to say they stand for all of the 99% yet some of the 99% that have been hardest hit are the homeless.Yet everytime something bad is reported to have happend in a camp or at a protest they are real quick to blame it on the homeless. They also love to point out how the homeless are not part of their protest groups.Take atlanta,they get evicted from the park they are protesting in.Now these are protesters that are there by their own choice.So where do they go after getting kicked out of the park.To a homeless shelter.Really?Lets go take up space at a homeless shelter and take space that is needed to help people that have no where else to go even though we choice to be here.Those homeless people they make for a great photo op but they make even better scapegoats dont they???

A few people on here keep saying how the protesters want LIBERTY yet they want the government to have more controll over the things in life we all need to survive.How is being dependent more on the government LIBERTY? Thanks but no thanks.

Love how you write about the cafe that laid of 21 workers and blame it on the police putting up barricades and try and make it all out to be the police and bloombergs fault yet leave out what else the cafe owner blames.frequent Occupy Wall Street marches, which he said have dampened the Financial District's formerly thriving street life.Yeah try and change the conversation to who owns the paper that reported it. Talk about pushing an agenda.

For myself I have listened to both side and I dont agree with what the protesters are saying.

I was afraid to say it was a private park because a select few would say that is made up.
Secondly, I don't know how this is a protest against "republicans"
They're both in their wasting money away.

They cant help but to try and call out republicans.Think about it.Most republicans want less government and belive it is up to us to make a life that is worth living.The protesters want more government and more things provided by the government to us.

Everyone seems to like to point out the different ideas and actions are from the fringe groups and should not be looked at as being what the protesters stand for.Yet there seem to be so many of these fringe groups if you take them out of the picture what you have left is not much at all.

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
I don't know where you think these people are protesting but I can tell you there in PUBLIC PARKS! There are no businesses getting vandalizes. Take NY, zucotti park for instance did you know that wall street is actually closed during the day, you have to have a special badge that says you work on wall street to get in. All the bad press is to try and shut them up and you are helping. So far I have read on here that they are privileged, they stink,there worthless,and squatters.That may very well be but I can tell you that those people changed the conversation in this country from paying down the deficit, to jobs. As a truck driver I would think that you would support that considering that our lively hood depends on the middle class having money to buy stuff.did you forget you job description? Are we in an alternate universe? how can any of you put these people down when they are advocating for you. Its absurd! I'm so tired of these disparaging comments that people regurgitate from these talking heads in the media. don't you think that glen beck would cut his audio to fit his agenda? Start thinking for yourself! Listen to both sides and then make the decision for yourself.

That may very well be but I can tell you that those people changed the conversation in this country from paying down the deficit, to jobs. As a truck driver I would think that you would support that considering that our lively hood depends on the middle class having money to buy stuff

The conversation is no more about jobs today then it was befor they started protesting.Nice try though.

sparkle8859

Seasoned Expediter
That may very well be but I can tell you that those people changed the conversation in this country from paying down the deficit, to jobs. As a truck driver I would think that you would support that considering that our lively hood depends on the middle class having money to buy stuff

The conversation is no more about jobs today then it was befor they started protesting.Nice try though.

your joking right? First off yes the park is privately owned but how it works in NY is the city will allow a corporation to build extra levels on its building as long as they build and maintain a public space. And your right about the homeless shelter I don't agree with that either. but to say that the conversation hasent been changed is just closing your eyes. Republicans all of them signed a pledge to Grover norquest saying they wouldn't raise taxes right. but last week a bunch of them sent a signed petition saying that they would raise taxes. Now I know your going to say that's because of the deficit. If that were true why diddent they do that to begin with? We wouldn't of had to have the super comity.As for me changing the subject I was merely pointing out to Dave that you have to do your own research on the topics before you start repeating them. The media is now entertainment not news!(Thanks Bill Clinton for deregulating the air waves) See theirs no longer a firewall between the news and entertainment.As for wanting bigger government that's a talking point that the republicans have been spouting for years. We don't want bigger we want better! When you have no rules you then get anarchy and in chaos you can steel. The government is there for the general welfare of the people. When your wronged you can go to court. But how can you take a corporation(say a bank) to court when your own government made it legal for them to steal? That's what happens when you have no regulations. That's what the government is there for to serve the people not the corporations.It's no longer for the people by the people and of the people its for the money by the money and of the corporations. Whats the difference between what a dictator does and a group of corporations buying our government so they can set the price of what wages should be.Look back in history, every time we get close to a FREE MARKET greed wins out and the country goes down. Again WITHOUT RULES YOU GET ANARCHY! AND IN CHAOS YOU CAN STEAL!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
skyraider wrote:

im gonna go oc u py the toilet

see if you were hanging with these "occupy" groups, you could just "do it in the road!"..or on a building or a police car or....oh and you could possibly shoot at the WH and hit the windows of the residence part where those that "occupy" in the WH now lives too...

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
your joking right? First off yes the park is privately owned but how it works in NY is the city will allow a corporation to build extra levels on its building as long as they build and maintain a public space. And your right about the homeless shelter I don't agree with that either. but to say that the conversation hasent been changed is just closing your eyes. Republicans all of them signed a pledge to Grover norquest saying they wouldn't raise taxes right. but last week a bunch of them sent a signed petition saying that they would raise taxes. Now I know your going to say that's because of the deficit. If that were true why diddent they do that to begin with? We wouldn't of had to have the super comity.As for me changing the subject I was merely pointing out to Dave that you have to do your own research on the topics before you start repeating them. The media is now entertainment not news!(Thanks Bill Clinton for deregulating the air waves) See theirs no longer a firewall between the news and entertainment.As for wanting bigger government that's a talking point that the republicans have been spouting for years. We don't want bigger we want better! When you have no rules you then get anarchy and in chaos you can steel. The government is there for the general welfare of the people. When your wronged you can go to court. But how can you take a corporation(say a bank) to court when your own government made it legal for them to steal? That's what happens when you have no regulations. That's what the government is there for to serve the people not the corporations.It's no longer for the people by the people and of the people its for the money by the money and of the corporations. Whats the difference between what a dictator does and a group of corporations buying our government so they can set the price of what wages should be.Look back in history, every time we get close to a FREE MARKET greed wins out and the country goes down. Again WITHOUT RULES YOU GET ANARCHY! AND IN CHAOS YOU CAN STEAL!

We don't want bigger we want better!

So the protesters get their way.The rich the corporations and anybody else this new better form of government decides makes to much now has to start paying more to the government.To pay for that house that college degree that healthcare.That high paying job that the protesters keep telling us is a RIGHT.That is a bigger government.Now take that same government they are paying for those things that you all(protesters) keep telling us is a right.So they get to say what size house you get,What doctors you get to go to what colleges and class you get.After all they are paying for it RIGHT.So not only do we have government more involved with private companys but now this "better government" is also more involved in our personal lifes.Also This new "better government" gets to decide how much money is enough for you to make every year befor you have to start paying them alot more if not all after you hit your limit.How in gods name is this better and not bigger.

Take colleges for one.We hear this alot it cost to much.Yet one of the things the protesters are protesting about is higher pay for college professors.None of the protesters can see that when professors pay goes up every year so will the cost of college.I get it though because we can pay the professors all they are worth because the government is now paying for that free college degree.

College protests focus on faculty pay, Wall St. | SignOnSanDiego.com

How does a smaller government equal ANARCHY?You see that has been a liberal talking point for years also.Why is it you keep feeling the need to call out republicans??????Do you not know how the vote to bail out the banks went down?also if this is really the Issue you all have why did it take three years for the protesters to get mad enough to do anything about it?????????????????Do you not know who signed the bill deregulating the banks?Calling it "A great day for americans a day all americans can Celebrate in. NAFTA,the U.S.-China Relations Act of 2000.Which allowed china to not only join the WTO but opened the doors to millions of american jobs being moved to china?Do you know who signed the Community Reinvestment Act of 1995 and how it allowed groups like acorn to sue banks for not making enough low income loans.Do you know whos name is on lawsuits against banks for not making these loans????I will give you a hint it was not a republican.Yet you keep point to republicans??????????????And we are the sheep that dont know any better.

You see no where in the Constitution do you find the word happiness.Thats not the governments job it is your job to make you happy.

The conversation has not changed.Is the protest bringing about more jobs?Is it forcing the banks to talk about lending to companys so they can hire more people?Is it forcing the government to work together to help create jobs?The answer is no.Unless you mean Obamas jobs bill?Well thats not new now is it?He already did that plan once only with twice the money.What is going to happen when that money runs out like it did last time?Never mind the fact that he is the only one talking about it not even the democrats are listening to him.Tell yourself all you want the conversation has changed but you are lieing to yourself.

As far as the media goes well funny thing there Glen Beck is the only one who I have ever heard or read that says I dont want you to take my word for it I want you to do your own research and see for yourselfs.