Big Truck Please HINO Diagnostic HELP!!!

CMA Truck Repair

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Please help me, I am desperately trying to connect with this 2005 Hino 268 to diagnose a bad vibration I believe is caused by something going on in one of the individual cylinders. Already had injectors replaced along with some connecting rods and pistons about 5 years ago. But she runs rough and shakes pretty badly so I need to narrow it down quickly.

I am trying to connect the Hino diagnostic eXplorer version 3.0 with my Nexiq USB device model 125032 so I can do an injector cut out test to home in on the issue.

However it's not the newer Nexiq bluetooth version, its 125032 as I mentioned which even Nexiq does support anymore. Anyway, when I go into Options-> Communications in eXplorer it only lists Nexiq USB-Link Bluetooth, Hino-Bowe, and 88890020 Adapter as interface options. I've tried each option and variation of settings with no luck, not sure if any of these are compatible with my older USB only Nexiq device.

Problem is I can't get the Nexiq to connect to the truck through any option combo I try in Hino eXplorer.

Interestingly however, when I try the Nexiq Device Tester program it does seem to communicate with the truck on some level as I can see a couple of the "Modules Detected" listed depending what protocol I try with the USB-Link device selected and the second light on the Nexiq turns on.

I've connected the Nexiq to the Hino with the OBD-II and the Deutsch 9 pin connectors and neither seem to work with eXplorer. When I tried to Nexiq Device Tester while connected via OBD-II it wouldn't return any detected modules like while connected with the 9 pin. Although I think I need to have the OBD-II plug to communicate with the engine anyway as the 9 pin only does the tranny etc.

So am I doing something wrong setting up eXplorer using the Nexiq device I have or do I have to get a whole scan tool? If I do have the required equipment then what the hell am I doing wrong?

I go to Equipment DTC and select the catagory, area and equipment then click Load and after loading a few seconds I get a connection error.

Is Hino eXplorer the only way to read and diagnose Hinos or is there a work around using a different method or more general scan tool and or software since I have other scanners etc.

Really would like to avoid spending almost $1000 on a Hino scan tool, but please let me know what tools I will need anyway just incase! Looks like I might have to get the newer Nexiq 124032 USB-Link2 Bluetooth version, but is there any other way?

Thanks a million in advance for any guidance!

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Once again it's greasytshirt to the rescue! Thanks for your contributions to E.O.
Greasy%20Shirt%2033_zpsbf7g9x1r.jpg

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Greasyshirt is not that funny looking. Here is a picture of the Hino Genius hands at work. Lol
image1.JPG

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: greasytshirt

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Once again it's greasytshirt to the rescue! Thanks for your contributions to E.O.
Greasy%20Shirt%2033_zpsbf7g9x1r.jpg
I have waaaay more hair than that. I use it for mopping oil off the underside of trucks.

On a related note, my wife stopped voluntarily cleaning my bathroom long ago.

Jasonzhang

Not a Member
Driver
Top 8 Reasons to Get obd2tool NEXIQ USB Link 2 :
1. Support system: XP and windows 7 (Volvo Hino Perkins Cat Nissan software must be used on xp system, orther software can be used on win 7 32bit)
2. NEXIQ USB Link 2 Works As Great As Nexiq.
3. Compatible with applications that diagnose engines, transmissions, ABS, instrument panels and more.
4. Reduce reprogramming times with direct USB connection.
5. Mixed fleet capabilities with broad protocol support.
6. Quick access to vehicle data for maintenance or management reports.
7. Quickly attaches to vehicle's diagnostic connector.
8. Easy portability increases flexibility, May be used with desktop PC or laptop.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
1. Support system: XP and windows 7 (Volvo Hino Perkins Cat Nissan software must be used on xp system, orther software can be used on win 7 32bit)
2. NEXIQ USB Link 2 Works As Great As Nexiq.
3. Compatible with applications that diagnose engines, transmissions, ABS, instrument panels and more.
4. Reduce reprogramming times with direct USB connection.
5. Mixed fleet capabilities with broad protocol support.
6. Quick access to vehicle data for maintenance or management reports.
7. Quickly attaches to vehicle's diagnostic connector.
8. Easy portability increases flexibility, May be used with desktop PC or laptop.

Yet, the USB-Link 2 will not connect to Hino's k-line, used on truck built before 2011, so it cannot be used to reflash ECUs. Only the original Nexiq USB-Link, the Denso DST-i, or the Hino Bowie will work (that I know of).

I know this because bricking an ecu while a customer is watching is not something I'd like to repeat.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
:spamani:

There were a couple of red flags at Registration, actually, but they were red flags that don't necessarily mean SPAM. Registration from a dedicated US hosting site, and thus a US IP address, but it's that "dedi*" in the hostname that is one reg flag, as foreign spammers will often use dedicated.xxxx.com web hosting sites for SPAM. But it was a very low score on the REd Flag Meter, just crossing the threshold for Manual Registration Approval, so I approved it.

But the fact that he joined up and his first two posts were rejected as SPAM because they contained links in them (along with the above ad copy) for the obd2tool's Website, a diagnostic tool company based in China, is certainly another red flag. Spammers use Web crawlers to search Web forum posts for certain keywords, and it's almost a certainly that the mention of the Nexiq USB in the original post is what brought him here (Ding! Ding! Ding! We have an advertising opportunity here!!!). After two failed attempts at getting a link in there, he removed the link language and just went ahead with the ad copy.

He hasn't been back here since he posted the above, nor will he likely return to offer valuable and relevant hints, tips and tricks for using the tool. He's probably very busy doing his spamwork, as some in depth research reveals he's actually in Shenzhen, China, not in Los Angeles where the dedicated hosting server is located. As it seems highly likely that the only thing he can contribute to the EO community is sales pitches, he is too-bad so-sad no longer a member.

Reactions: greasytshirt

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I figured that was a spammer, but my point still stands. The usb-link 2 can't be used to reprogram pre 2011 Hinos.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That's why I left the original spam, and where you quoted it, as your response is very valuable information. ;)