Pilot showers

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The drivers that I'm talking about asked nicely, but we're told that you get no shower credits because you purchased gas and not diesel using your professional reward card.

Told them to contact Pilot CS about this. It's now up to them to follow through with pilot.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
FlyingPilots in Wisconsin (possibly some other states) will not apply the ½ shower credit at the gas pump. When possible I fuel, then go inside to pay and ask for my ½ shower credit. If I have to use my credit card at the pump I do so and then go inside and ask for the shower credit. This involves some extra work for the cashier but I don't recall ever having a problem. I have never tried to get a shower credit at a Road Ranger with my FlyingPilot card.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here's what's in my wallet.
598b5948-5eb3-49b3-8f1c-5e02210f2d77_zpspmhtoz86.jpg

I don't use the Flying J card any more.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
FlyingPilots in Wisconsin (possibly some other states) will not apply the ½ shower credit at the gas pump. When possible I fuel, then go inside to pay and ask for my ½ shower credit. If I have to use my credit card at the pump I do so and then go inside and ask for the shower credit. This involves some extra work for the cashier but I don't recall ever having a problem. I have never tried to get a shower credit at a Road Ranger with my FlyingPilot card.
I never get points in Wisc either at the gas pumps.....seems the points have a cash value which is taxable in Wisc...
but yet I get my points at Speedway and Super America.....
at Speedway in Wisc. I can't redeem my points for a gift card either same issue....it becomes taxable..

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I never get points in Wisc either at the gas pumps.....seems the points have a cash value which is taxable in Wisc...
but yet I get my points at Speedway and Super America.....
at Speedway in Wisc. I can't redeem my points for a gift card either same issue....it becomes taxable..
Dumb.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
well I can't redeem 17,000 speedway points for a $25 gift card because that $25.00 becomes taxable...so far only in Wisc...
about as different as I don't buy my Pepsi in NY/Iowa or MI too name just a few....because of the deposit issue.... Just the way it is...

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
well I can't redeem 17,000 speedway points for a $25 gift card because that $25.00 becomes taxable...so far only in Wisc...
about as different as I don't buy my Pepsi in NY/Iowa or MI too name just a few....because of the deposit issue.... Just the way it is...
Me thinks you mis-understood....... The idea of point redemption being taxable is dumb....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Me thinks you mis-understood....... The idea of point redemption being taxable is dumb....
yep....I did.....only on first coffee then........Sorry buddy....:)

PS thats politicians for ya.....1 point = .01 cents....100 points = $1.00 you owe .06 in tax....LOL

tknight

Veteran Expediter
It's like winning on a lottery ticket it's taxable as well and a losing ticket can be a tax write off as well if you want to collect them

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

tseders93

Active Expediter
Driver
I just got off the phone with a pilot/flying j rep. They can change your pro driver card over to an "expediter program" and it should work at the pump. Still 14 gal for a half shower etc..

Reactions: Opel2010 and Turtle

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

Most states tax their pop. MI doesn't, which makes their .10 deposit cheaper than the taxes.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Most states tax their pop. MI doesn't, which makes their .10 deposit cheaper than the taxes.
Really? A 7% tax on $7.00 is .49 cents... Compared to a $2.40 deposit... And one must travel with empty cans for weeks to get your money back..,,
Matter of convenience and choice...eh?

Last edited:
Reactions: cheri1122

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just got off the phone with a pilot/flying j rep. They can change your pro driver card over to an "expediter program" and it should work at the pump. Still 14 gal for a half shower etc..
They don't need to change anything, a professional drivers card gets you a half shower on 14 Gallons of gas.been that way for years.

tseders93

Active Expediter
Driver
That may be, perhaps the customer service rep was just wasting my time.

Edit: She did mention something about changing it over to gasoline. Not sure.

Last edited:

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

The point of doing this is to get points for purchases, worth a penny apiece. Might come in handy if you don't want to break a $20 to cover a 17 cent shortfall...

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Really? A 7% tax on $7.00 is .49 cents... Compared to a $2.40 deposit... And one must travel with empty cans for weeks to get your money back..,,
Matter of convenience and choice...eh?

I was looking more at the singles... 6% of 2.00 = .12, compared to a dime deposit.

All this is really is a tax. MI was whining a number of years back, because people were bringing in bottles from OH, and cashing them in. MI said they count on the difference between bottles turned in, and not turned in. I still buy 12 packs, and take them on the road with me. And no, I don't save the cans. Not worth it. But try and buy at a truckstop, and that blows any trivial tax talk out of the water. I just bought a 24 pack of Aquafina at the Petro in Albert Lea... $10!!! They must be desperate. Unfortunately, my body needs water.