Pilot showers

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How does it work for showers buying gasoline out front. Is it the same like diesel 14 gallons 1/2 shower credit. Plus what pilot card do you have. Any info would be great

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would ask inside the store. I know 14-49 gals diesel will get a half credit, not sure about gas.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I buy gasoline. I use the Pilot/Flying J Professional card, 14 gallons gets you half a shower. (I can hardly wait to see what Ragman does with that!)

Reactions: Murraycroexp

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Was asking because I was talking to a couple of new drivers and they got no credit on their pilot rewards card and was told that because the buy gas it doesn't count towards shower credits. I told them to just call pilot Corp headquarters tomorrow and ask them about it anyway.

Thanks for the reply.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here's the straight dope: Pilot/Flying J has 3 different cards. The professional card does get you shower credits. It also gets you a free coffee after you buy 9, and I think maybe some other benefits. No points if you don't buy diesel with the big fellows though. The RV card offers shower credits and so on. The "Preferred Customer" card gets you the coffee and donuts, plus it's good for scraping frost off the inside of your windshield. If you ask for a card and tell them you fuel out front with gasoline, they'll direct you to the "Preferred Customer" card every time. You have to make a point of getting the Professional Card--- it's easy, the applications are on one of those revolving doohickeys usually near the entry door.

Reactions: Moot and Turtle

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How does it work for showers buying gasoline out front. Is it the same like diesel 14 gallons 1/2 shower credit. Plus what pilot card do you have. Any info would be great
If you have the blue Pilot rewards card, it'll be enough to pump 14 gallons (gas) to earn 1/2 shower credit. The yellow cards aren't that "generous"...

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you have the blue Pilot rewards card, it'll be enough to pump 14 gallons (gas) to earn 1/2 shower credit. The yellow cards aren't that "generous"...
Oh, gee: I have the yellow cards, and every time I buy 14 gallons I get my half-shower credit. I've never seen a blue card offered.

Reactions: Ftransit and Mailer

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh, gee: I have the yellow cards, and every time I buy 14 gallons I get my half-shower credit. I've never seen a blue card offered.
I got my card long time ago. Do you pump diesel or gas? I've heard other guys complaining about the yellow cards that actually one has to reach 100 gallons within 48 hrs to earn a shower..._20151210_203027.JPG

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I got my card long time ago. Do you pump diesel or gas? I've heard other guys complaining about the yellow cards that actually one has to reach 100 gallons within 48 hrs to earn a shower...View attachment 12676
That is the first time I ever saw a blue Pilot card. Got mine probably a year and a half back--- I use gasoline. 14 gallons gets half a shower. Of course I make sure to use the professional card--- I have the "preferred customer" card too, which is why I know how useless that card is.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's a ta/petro thing not pilot, the 48 hours. They have changed colors on their cards at pilot/j it is now yellow. As long as he makes sure it says professional driver he will be fine.

Reactions: Mailer

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
TA/Petro Ultra One Expediter

Showers

** Longer Lasting

1 Shower for 50 gallons or more of fuel purchased in a single fill
Credits Good for 10 Days
1 Shower per $50 or more of Truck Services
Credits Good for 10 Days
1 Shower for 50 gallons or more of fuel purchased within a five-consecutive-day time period
Credits Good for 10 Days

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I got my card long time ago. Do you pump diesel or gas? I've heard other guys complaining about the yellow cards that actually one has to reach 100 gallons within 48 hrs to earn a shower...View attachment 12676
I remember that one. Before that it was black or gray, when they were just Pilot (without the Flying J)

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think this should be said here. Here in Illinois, and I think in Wisconsin, if you pull into a Pilot for gasoline AND the pumps are Road Ranger pumps, don't worry about the loyalty cards. Can't use them at the pumps, so no shower credits will be added at that Pilot. Sure, it's irritating, in much the same way that TA/Petro cards are irritating (not able to use them at the pumps, why bother?) but--- that's the way it is. The card MAY be recognized once inside the store for credits you already have, but you won't be able to add any credit no matter how much gas you buy at a Road Ranger pump.