Phone Signal

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Cell Phone / Wireless Booster

We bought our Wilson Electronics Booster about a year ago and decided it was time to report on how well this has worked for us.

Mobile Wireless Cellular/PCS Dual-Band 800/1900MHz Amplifier (801231)

We do not have the cradle we just have the amplifier and the internal and external antennas. When the amplifier is unplugged the phones might have one bar and then you plug in the booster they often go to 5 bars. We do not have nearly as many dropped calls and we used to and the signal on the computer wireless card is improved. When we are stopped for over 24 hours we unplug the boaster as it draws a lot of amps.

moose

Veteran Expediter
now turn off the lights
and see if you glow .

what network ?

interesting point about the Air Card.

Moose.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Network does not matter the booster is just a cell signal booster. We use it with an AT&T, a Cingular, and a Spint phone and a Sprint wireless card.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Nope heard you call on the way down the Grapevine and getting ready to get fuel. My bad though I forgot to call you after we got back on the road.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
im home buut have buddy stuck in sacramento for 3 days,we delivered seattle area and loaded same place we delivered,they had load for him too but he missed it because of someone in dispatch

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
where did you buy it at ? and what is the full name/model?

I just did a search for
Mobile Wireless Cellular/PCS Dual-Band 800/1900MHz Amplifier (801231)

I found quite a few sites and varying prices. Thanks for the information Linda

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
That is the model when you do a search on that name and those numbers. I do not remember where we bought ours at.

davebeckym

Expert Expediter
Good info.

The type of cell phone and WWAN device makes a big difference in reception too. My wife had to go outside at work to use the phone. Got her a new cell phone this fall. Went to the Verizon store, not a mall kiosk, and told them the problem. She has good reception now.

She asked to borrow my computer because I have broadband on it. Could not get a signal at all. Last month she said broadband on her computer would really help her at work, could we drop our broadband at home? Went to the verizon store and asked them. She's got 4 or 5 bars at work where I still have none. Hmmm, my WWAN device is over 2 years old. I'm due for a new one.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good info.

The type of cell phone and WWAN device makes a big difference in reception too. My wife had to go outside at work to use the phone. Got her a new cell phone this fall. Went to the Verizon store, not a mall kiosk, and told them the problem. She has good reception now.

She asked to borrow my computer because I have broadband on it. Could not get a signal at all. Last month she said broadband on her computer would really help her at work, could we drop our broadband at home? Went to the verizon store and asked them. She's got 4 or 5 bars at work where I still have none. Hmmm, my WWAN device is over 2 years old. I'm due for a new one.

You went to the store...what did they do?

davebeckym

Expert Expediter
Van Man, they sold me a cell phone and a WWAN device which had a much better antenna. If you went to a kiosk or 3rd party they wouldn't know which ones had better reception.

Heard you were in Saginaw a week or two ago. Too bad I was out of town. I met you at that Flying J, north of McAllen last summer, if you don't remember. I didn't figure out who you were until you had left.