Petition to repeal the Bill of Rights

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
No need to repeal them, they are being abolished anyway. :rolleyes:
I just heard a radio DJ say he's planning on voting for Hitlary in the next presidential election for the same treason he voted for the Obammunist: it's just time for a non-white/non-male.

We may very well not survive the Obammunist; if we do, we certainly won't survive the Obammunist followed by Hitlary. They won't even be pretending to obey the Bill of Rights at that point.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just heard a radio DJ say he's planning on voting for Hitlary in the next presidential election for the same treason he voted for the Obammunist: it's just time for a non-white/non-male.

We may very well not survive the Obammunist; if we do, we certainly won't survive the Obammunist followed by Hitlary. They won't even be pretending to obey the Bill of Rights at that point.

Nahhh.....................................:)

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's not entirely new. Going back to ancient Rome, history shows us the average shelf life of a Democracy is about 200 years, give or take.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's beyond sad and apparently irreversible. Very depressing. Very depressing.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This trend will continue so long as the majority of the public views their news through the lens of the mainstream media. These sources of information are slowly loosing their credibility, but another vehicle for transmitting information needs to be employed by conservatives to get their message out. This means exists today, but they need new leadership with better communicative powers to send out their message. Priebus and Boehner are nice guys, but they are destined to finish where nice guys like Mitt Romney usually do. The GOP needs new blood like Scott Walker, Rand Paul and Ted Cruz in positions of leadership. Marco Rubio need not apply.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
It's not just that some of the GOP are too nice. There just isn't enough difference between mainstream Republicans and the Demon-crats.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If conservative Republicans keep insisting that those who reject their message simply didn't get the message [how insulting is that?!] and think they need "another vehicle for transmitting the message", then maybe they could try the Shriner Circus Clown Cars.
They'd still be the Party of Stupid, but at least they could make people smile.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If conservative Republicans keep insisting that those who reject their message simply didn't get the message [how insulting is that?!] and think they need "another vehicle for transmitting the message", then maybe they could try the Shriner Circus Clown Cars.
They'd still be the Party of Stupid, but at least they could make people smile.

Wasn't it Obama who said of his first term he didn't do a good enough job of story telling to communicate with the public?

That's the problem we have right now America can't be run because you believe in some fairy tale and a good story will make it all OK. Most everything he has done is blowing up because of horrible policies derived from some fairy tale way of thinking.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I do not " believe in some fairy tale and a good story" or "fairy tale way of thinking" - I'm an atheist, remember?
I don't know if Obama said that or not, but the conservative Republicans are the ones who keep deluding themselves that people reject their message because they don't understand it - wrong, wrong, WRONG.
There are plenty of important problems to solve in the country, [some of them are Obama's fault, too] but the conservative Republicans find it more important to write laws forcing women who wish to terminate a pregnancy to see an ultrasound image first, and to 'protect' marriage by refusing to allow gays to marry.
Screw unemployment, education, environmental concerns, the conservative Republicans are working on the really important stuff.
We get the message, loud & clear.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I don't know about hate, but the message is definitely that some people matter less than others, and women, minorities, poor, and working class people only matter in the voting booth - after that, they can take a long walk off a short pier, for all the CRs care.
It's ironic how many truckers vote for them, because to the Republicans, truckers are working class trash, just like those evil unions. "Not our kind of people, my dear", as the saying goes, in any country club in the US.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Screw unemployment, education, environmental concerns, the conservative Republicans are working on the really important stuff.
We get the message, loud & clear.

We have been throwing more and more money at education for years the result - worse. We have been throwing government dollars at the unemployment problem for 5:years now the result - more government jobs and less people in the work force than 5;years ago. Not sure what enviromental concerns you are referring to. It has continually Horton cleaner for decades now.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We have been throwing more and more money at education for years the result - worse.

The problem as I see it, is who's doing the throwing. Get Washington out of education and return control of the schools to the local level and my guess is we would see better results. IMHO, of course.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
We have been throwing more and more money at education for years the result - worse. We have been throwing government dollars at the unemployment problem for 5:years now the result - more government jobs and less people in the work force than 5;years ago. Not sure what enviromental concerns you are referring to. It has continually Horton cleaner for decades now.

Education isn't about money - maybe officials need to look around for what is actually working [even if it's in another country], and figure out how to make it work for us.
Unemployment is about money, but the government keeps subsidizing it by giving money [mostly tax breaks] to businesses who keep wages so low [and workers on part time] that people need to get food stamps to eat. WalMart is the #1 offender, but there are plenty of others
. We don't like subsidizing the "lazy" [that includes elderly, children & disabled people} but we're fine with subsidizing greed? What kind of screwed up priorities are those?!
Environmental concerns? Here ya go:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/08/us-chemical-tierii-idUSBRE9670K720130708

The recent explosion in West, Tx [a really business friendly state!] that wreaked death & destruction on the whole town could [and probably will] be repeated many more times, because very few are ensuring that businesses live up to their responsibilities. They can literally get away with murder.