Partner?

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Tink about it Timothy- - If YOU were a Carrier, why would you need to be leased to one???

That is where a lota folks go south in their tink'in. You don't jes merely "have yer own Authority", YOU then are THE Carrier. Jes can't get rid of the $hitbird employee mentality.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In the days before deregulation "trip leasing" was a common practice. I worked for a small carrier with limited authority. I would often trip lease with another carrier to get a load back.

The trip leasing process involved physically going to a broker or agent to handle the paperwork. The lessor provided a one time lease for that specific load, 2 signs with the carriers name and ICC number, bingo card and all required permits. I would sign the lease and provide proof of my carriers insurance.

When the load was delivered, the lease was void and all signage and permits were returned by mail.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
In the days before deregulation "trip leasing" was a common practice. I worked for a small carrier with limited authority. I would often trip lease with another carrier to get a load back.

The trip leasing process involved physically going to a broker or agent to handle the paperwork. The lessor provided a one time lease for that specific load, 2 signs with the carriers name and ICC number, bingo card and all required permits. I would sign the lease and provide proof of my carriers insurance.

When the load was delivered, the lease was void and all signage and permits were returned by mail.

Well, you said it right there... "In the days before deregulation..." Now that everyone and their brother can get their authority, I don't see that working anymore.