Canada PARS Stickers

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We get ours from our company. Check with your company to see how to get the PARS stickers. You also might be able to get them at the broker you are using to cross.

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Can somebody P.L.E.A.S.E tell me how to get PARS stickers to cross over to Canada?!?!?!?!

Your carrier will supply the PARS stickers. The carrier will have been supplied with an identification number (Carrier Code). The PARS stickers will include that information.

casey52

Active Expediter
We get ours from our company. Check with your company to see how to get the PARS stickers. You also might be able to get them at the broker you are using to cross.
OK, where does your company get them? I am not having much luck looking at US or Canadian web sites on how or WHERE to apply for them! Thanks

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I have no idea where they get the stickers maybe someone else will be more help then I am. Sorry

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Make sure you get good quality stickers I've been warned about bad quality ones the code reader can't read and they have to type the number in....defeats the system...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I'm a bit confused, but the company seems to get them once they have registered with the Canadian government. Don't you need to be in the system to use them?

60MPH

Expert Expediter
I am thinking they are not leased on drivers, because one simple call to there carrier they would have a answer. They are probably those that went independent and think they just need a PARS sticker to go to Canada. They are also the ones that lower the cross border freight rates (when they figure it out) like they are doing to the freight they are hauling now. :mad:

Also PAPS are not used anymore and if you don't know this then you are not ready for Canada.

Leave cross border shipments to those that know how to do it LEGALLY and now how to charge correctly for this service.

60MPH

Expert Expediter
We use PAPS to enter US and PARS to Canada when they're not FAST loads.

How do you use PAPS. The U.S customs have been using the A.C.E manifest system for well over a year now. You are told not to put PAPS labels on the cover sheet or on the BOL and proforma invoice.

When was the last time you crossed on PAPS labels alone with no cover sheet??

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We put the PAPS on the invoice that goes to the broker and write the number on the ACE, which is what is presented to Customs.

60MPH

Expert Expediter
Ok you are just using old labels as U.S. customs does not use the wand on PAPS labels since 2009. You do not have to use paps labels. The number on the label is what you are giving the broker and then writing on the cover sheet. I make my own manifest number up as PAPS labels are a waste of money for the carrier and back in 2009 use to cause confusion at the border because they were in the process of implementing the A.C.E system.

CBSA will soon be going the way the U.S did I suspect sometime this year and they will start to switch over to a fully automated system and you will no longer be able to cross on pars alone. The need for this system is long over due.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ok you are just using old labels as U.S. customs does not use the wand on PAPS labels since 2009. You do not have to use paps labels. The number on the label is what you are giving the broker and then writing on the cover sheet. I make my own manifest number up as PAPS labels are a waste of money for the carrier and back in 2009 use to cause confusion at the border because they were in the process of implementing the A.C.E system.

CBSA will soon be going the way the U.S did I suspect sometime this year and they will start to switch over to a fully automated system and you will no longer be able to cross on pars alone. The need for this system is long over due.

I finally got hooked up in the ace manifest system. I'm pars for the course!