Panthers new rate

fastrod

Expert Expediter
Just read elsewhere that panther lowered their straight truck rate from 1.20 per mile to 1.10 per mile. Any truth to this?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just read elsewhere that panther lowered their straight truck rate from 1.20 per mile to 1.10 per mile. Any truth to this?

Just look at the ad and do the math....44 cents per mile...on the standard 40/60 split....40% of $1.10 is...Tada...44 cents..:D

guido4475

Not a Member
And the sad part of this is that the few carriers that are left out here paying better than average rate will soon follow.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just look at the ad and do the math....44 cents per mile...on the standard 40/60 split....40% of $1.10 is...Tada...44 cents..:D

Ken, did you figure in the exchange rate? Are those cents metric, Imperial or U.S.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ken, did you figure in the exchange rate? Are those cents metric, Imperial or U.S.

if I were a recruiter I would have to say...

These are some of the highest rates offered in the business. With our customer base and load planning expertise we can keep you loaded more and keep your wheels turning...your income would be unlimited!:D

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
if I were a recruiter I would have to say...

These are some of the highest rates offered in the business. With our customer base and load planning expertise we can keep you loaded more and keep your wheels turning...your income would be unlimited!:D

unlimited income.?? *sigh*.... one can only dream

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
They must have already lowered their rates once. When we drove for Panther they were 1.35 a mile S/T. :eek:

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
isn't tri state express 1 and a whole lot more already droped down to 1.10 and below wasn,t it a few weeks back that fed ex complaned about rate drops

guido4475

Not a Member
looks like PII is making a run at cornering the market again like PI tried 8 or 10 years ago

Panther 1 ???? 8 or 10 years ago? Where are you getting this from? There was no Panther 1. Ever. (Owned and started by the same founders of Panther ll.) Do you know who the original owners and founders of Panther were? One of them was a real great person by the way of Craig Armatto.I worked for him in 1995, and used to live 7 houses away from him for quite awile.We had some great conversations.Do you know how the name Panther ll was created and by who? His daughter,because she thought of the two owners,(ll)and that they were fast and agressive like a panther.That is how Panther ll come about.Never was a Panther l.At least drived from the same people in the same city and state.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Panther 1 ???? 8 or 10 years ago? Where are you getting this from? There was no Panther 1. Ever. (Owned and started by the same founders of Panther ll.) Do you know who the original owners and founders of Panther were? One of them was a real great person by the way of Craig Armatto.I worked for him in 1995, and used to live 7 houses away from him for quite awile.We had some great conversations.Do you know how the name Panther ll was created and by who? His daughter,because she thought of the two owners,(ll)and that they were fast and agressive like a panther.That is how Panther ll come about.Never was a Panther l.At least drived from the same people in the same city and state.

Huh? I thought it was when Panther was bought out by Fenway Corp. that the name changed.....to Panther 2....and Now just plain Panther Expedited Services....they've dropped the 2.

guido4475

Not a Member
Youre right, Panther ll was bought out by Fenway.And the ll was dropped.But the misconception of Panther l starts before that.Alot of people think that there was a Panther l that went bankrupt and re-named as Panther ll, which is untrue.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Youre right, Panther ll was bought out by Fenway.And the ll was dropped.But the misconception of Panther l starts before that.Alot of people think that there was a Panther l that went bankrupt and re-named as Panther ll, which is untrue.

yeah I know there was no 1(one) in the first Panther version..:rolleyes:

I am waiting for the 3rd version myself...*LOL* New and improved version....:D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Panther's SCAC code has always been, from the very beginning, PTWT.

Panther TWo Transportation.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Panther's SCAC code has always been, from the very beginning, PTWT.

Panther TWo Transportation.

Details...why go thru the bother of changing the code...all about the money.

I've worked for others that changed their business names but not codes...nor the name on the check....