Panther Rewards Program

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'll reserve my comments for later. Seems to a a lot of gotcha's in there that Panther controls more than the drivers do. Look at miles divided by number of loads for each level and see the average length of each load required. Look at Miles divided by 26 weeks to get average miles per week required for each level. Look at loads divided by 26 weeks to get average loads per week.

The first 6 months of this year I was offered 58 loads, and I refused 1 (not counting loads that don't count as a refusal, of which I refused 12 - most of which were reduced rate). So it was actually 45 loads. Be it 45 or 58, neither is even close to the Bronze level. Granted, my loaded miles was high in the Silver level, but still, they need to concentrate more on getting us loads than they do on ensuring a ready and waiting van on every corner.

Maybe I won't reserve my comments for later. :D

I'll give 'em this though, at least they're making a solid attempt at differentiating good and bad drivers with this.

Last edited:

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Well in the last 6 months I ran 94 loads I was in service 80% I ran 28243 loaded miles. So I guess Panther is telling me I better stop taking loads that are short runs or ill be punished by having to be on the phone longer. That to me is nuts if I am on a load and I need a pu# but I was 4000 miles short of bronze its tough crap? Screw the customer make the load late because I am at the bottom of the phone list even though I have a silver load count. I see no value in the program for a solo tractor driver.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Ok I just got off of the phone with Sean and I got some clarification on the lists. It is an either or x #miles or x #loads not both. So it is a reachable goal for solo tractors

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Requirements
Achieve Gold, Silver, or Bronze status every six months by maintaining at least 99% on-time service and by meeting miles or load goals as outlined below.
Did you not read that? :D

It's a reachable goal for solo everybody, really, but it all depends on how many loads they offer you and the length of line haul for those loads. I'd much rather meet the Gold level for miles than with the number of loads.

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
The 99 percent "on-time" knocks me out since I had an injector pump failure in the middle of a run and Panther had to swap the load to another truck. I now have a ding on my "on-time" percentage at 95 percent. Two weeks ago when this happened I called to see if the ding could be removed arguing circumstances out of my control. I was told one ding doesn't hurt but they ding trucks for breakdowns in case it becomes an ongoing problem. Well, I guess it hurts me now.....maybe it will disappear Aug. 1st as a refusal would.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
the rewards program........
for some reason..... i have doubts of ever being rewarded for anything.... i mean how many miles do i need to get to reach a goal???
and will i not get enough loads per week to make them goals??
i heard of programs like this with other companies and they always seem to run short of the miles for drivers to get the benifets and bonus's...

just my 2 cents

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I couldn't tell you where you would rank. But you can take your numbers from Jan 1st to June 30th and see where your numbers fall for six months.
At that point, you will likely have your answer.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The 99 percent "on-time" knocks me out since I had an injector pump failure in the middle of a run and Panther had to swap the load to another truck. I now have a ding on my "on-time" percentage at 95 percent. Two weeks ago when this happened I called to see if the ding could be removed arguing circumstances out of my control. I was told one ding doesn't hurt but they ding trucks for breakdowns in case it becomes an ongoing problem. Well, I guess it hurts me now.....maybe it will disappear Aug. 1st as a refusal would.
The 95% will fall off, but the ding will still count over the course of 6 months. So after the 6 months, if you ran 80 loads and delivered 79 on time, then you would be at 98.75% and would fall below the "at least 99% on-time service" for qualification. You'll need 100 loads and no more than a single service failure to qualify.

Unless, of course, they round up with the percentages, but the "at least' is an indication they will not.

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
As a followup, the 95% on time due to a truck breakdown a couple weeks ago is not an issue according to the rewards page. I believe it is only looking at on time service from day one of the program going forward as it shows i am at 100% service. My miles are good on the bronze but falling short already on silver and gold.

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
A SELECT FEW [ AND YOU CAN EXPECT TO SEE A WRITE UP AT THE PANTHER WEB] WILL ATAIN THIS BECAUSE THEY SUCKUP MOST OF THESE GOALS ARE UNATTAINABLE BECAUSE OF THE NEW 73% DEAL I FEEL THAT IF PANTHER WOULD PUT THIS MONEY INTO THE LOADS AND PAY ALITTLE BIT MORE THE TRUCKS WOULD RUN HARDER,
I DO NOT AGREE WITH THER POLICY CHANGES THEY TRYED TO SNEAK THIS PERCENTAGE THING IN AND THEY GOT FLOODED WITH CALLS THATS WHY WE ARE GETTING A RESET ON %'S.
THEY NEED TO TREAT US AS OWNER OPS. NOT ENPLOYEES .:mad:

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
A SELECT FEW [ AND YOU CAN EXPECT TO SEE A WRITE UP AT THE PANTHER WEB] WILL ATAIN THIS BECAUSE THEY SUCKUP MOST OF THESE GOALS ARE UNATTAINABLE BECAUSE OF THE NEW 73% DEAL I FEEL THAT IF PANTHER WOULD PUT THIS MONEY INTO THE LOADS AND PAY ALITTLE BIT MORE THE TRUCKS WOULD RUN HARDER,
I DO NOT AGREE WITH THER POLICY CHANGES THEY TRYED TO SNEAK THIS PERCENTAGE THING IN AND THEY GOT FLOODED WITH CALLS THATS WHY WE ARE GETTING A RESET ON %'S.
THEY NEED TO TREAT US AS OWNER OPS. NOT ENPLOYEES .:mad:

I haven't ever seen a positive post from you, Yu may have made one but my question is why are you still here??????
im solo and the first 6 months i took 2 vacations and still did 94 runs

ts675

Seasoned Expediter
I think it just boils down to July being slow. I don't think the #'s have a lot to do with it as I have 94% acceptance and 100% on the other 2. Ended up booking a backhaul up toward Indy, and then to Chicago. Trying to turn this month around best I know how. Any advice?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
By the way when they did the 67% they also reset everyone. Which i am against they did it to level the playing field. Well there is handicapped parking for a reason there is no such thing as a level playing field. You are responcible for what you do and if that keeps you from reaching a goal any goal that is your problem.

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
Anybody else missing pros on there rewards status page. It's been interesting watching, upto gold once, but now there are 4 out of my last 5 runs not listed, not even showing bronze anymore and we have been in service with 100% acceptance since the program began. I was told they are having some issues with it. Anyone else seeing this?

sweetcdngirl

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
US Army
Haven't ya'll figured out yet, this is just another way of Panther getting you to do the bs loads. There will always be a reason why you wont get anything. And the value of the things u will get, would cost you cheaper to buy, then the money you would have to pay out in fuel to reach those levels. Again, just another way for Panther to get the drivers to take the bs loads in hopes of havin a small gift at the end of 6 months. Don't forget, if you hit a slow period you are not getting anything.

sweetcdngirl

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
US Army
What, people cant post something negative? Come on Scuba...not all panther drivers suck up like some of you. I've always called u a panther yes man. I agree with the one post, that unless you suck up to Panther, you are not gonna get anywhere. I agree, they should start treatin people like o/o, not employees. If people wanted to be employees they would drive for one of the bigger trucking firms where they get health benifits.

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
Looks like someone is working on it, my status is all caught up except for my latest POD. Back up to Bronze level WOO HOO!

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
OK Panther, I give. I'm more interested in the good team loads and in fact would go broke trying to fulfill the number of loads category. Now don't get me wrong, we do our share of the minis and shorter runs, but we can only stand so much. I think I would have to do about 2 straight weeks of minis to move past the base level at this point. It seems to me the number of loads category requirement only hurts Panther and team trucks. Correct if I'm wrong, but if I'm looking out for my trucks bottom line to maximize my income, it seems correct to say I am also maximizing Panther's bottom line, right?