Panther people

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
RE: off topic

The purpose of the new system is to define where the freight is originating. It wouldn't be logical for them to determine whether they will haul a customers load based on whether there is a place to sit. There isn't a requirement to sit anywhere.

Not sure where 23 trucks in Knoxville came from unless it is vans?
Last check was 3 or 4 straight trucks. Sure did a lot of loads today if it is 23.

Davekc
owner
23 years
PantherII
EO moderator

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter

I fully understand the deadheading back for a load theory and that's just peachy. I'm not complaining about the boards being spread out now. I do Elite loads mostly so it doesn't really even affect me much. Was simply stating what other drivers are complaining about here that don't have a computer to voice it for themselves. And yes sitting in an out of the way town with nothing would be peaceful until the local sherriff comes and tells you that you can't sit parked on the side of a road or somewhere blocking traffic. If there isn't even a walmart or some shopping center to park at where do you propse a driver sit to get peace and quiet? If you can sit at the consignee you just delivered to that woujld be great, but in my experience most don't want you sitting there blocking their dock areas either. Just my opinion though.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

I'm well aware we aren't going to get everything we want and those things we get aren't always going to be as prompt as we'd like. We have achieved some good things and more are in progress. We have a long way to go and we all recognize that.

Greg, perhaps they wouldn't do anything during the time they spend preparing for and holding our meetings. Perhaps they spend time every day doing nothing. Perhaps the many times I am there on business and observe many of them, often without their notice, they are putting on a show for me of working, even the times they don't know I'm there. Somehow I doubt that's the case and they are pretty busy most of the time.

Their first concern is the ongoing viability and profitability of the company. Nobody would suggest otherwise. Contrary to the belief of some here, they do have concern for retention and turnover. It costs much more to bring in new drivers than to continue paying those who are here.

For those who believe there is zero consideration for drivers and find no value in anything we've accomplished so far, you probably need to move on. With a 100% negative attitude and opinion you are in the wrong place and perhaps in the wrong business.

I haven't drank any koolaid and I'm get no special consideration from the company. I recognize many warts they have. I complain. Sometimes I get positive results, as with some of the council items so far. Often I get frustration. I'll appreciate the positives and the progress we've made and complain about the things still lacking. If I had a totally negative attitude and mindset I would move on. I see some positives to go with my negatives so I'll continue to work for better.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

It all comes down to "whether you see the glass half full, or half empty".
As said before, if there is that perfect company, everyone would be there.
I applaud Leo and the rest of the people on the council for their efforts. It isn't a easy task, but they are making progress. Some items are very involved to change but they are working on them. The new repositioning center that has been of major concern and discussed for months, is slowly coming out. Will it be perfect on the first go around? Probably not. However, they are working on it.
Most of what they are doing is based on many drivers suggestions.
If they didn't care about the drivers, they wouldn't waste time and money trying to implement this type of program.
There is much work that they need to do, but "Rome wasn't built in a day".

Davekc
owner
23 years
PantherII
EO moderator

indydad11934

Seasoned Expediter
I am a new member to expeditersonline so please bear with me.
I have been a Panther van driver since July 2005. I've had very good weeks and I've had very bad weeks as well. But as time goes on....I learn to improve as an expedite driver by adapting to different situations. I guess the most important lesson I learned is to run hard during the Summer, Spring, and Fall months so that I am prepared for the dreaded Winter months. At the end of the year it all seems to come together when I look at my W2.

I am blessed because I choose to go home on weekends on a regular basis and I still do pretty well. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to all expediters online and to let everyone know that I am content with the company I work for.

God bless you all,
See ya on the road

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
A good attitude will not be tolerated here, so please don't post again until you can complain and whine properly.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Welcome to EO. We'll look forward to your participation.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.