Panther drivers wake up

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well said col...all I could add ...is see quote in signature line below!

When I run solo, time management is top priority...little internet little standing around gabbing, make sure I get my afternoon nap in and so forth...never know when that call will come and I want to be awake and safe...That 5 hours wasted for wanting a semblence of a personal life could cost you a run by not being ready..if you want a life...go home or OOS and don't complain...self-discipline.

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
i agree with ya 100% ontario...however after a man bakes in the sun for 5 days, they all tend to crack and lose there discipline, see it done all the time in the military...hell when i was stationed in texas, was a m-1 tanker, ammo temp gauge was 132 deg inside the tank..we were in mop 4 which was chemical suit ,boots,glove and mask for 8 hours, in that temp..to top it off the day before while pulling security at night i got into a nest of chiggers, had over 200 bites on me, itching worse then a dog with fleas and in pain....completely lost the discipline...was almost homicidal because i sure felt like shooting every mother within range of the 50 cal.....however 2 days later i felt like superman again...i was whinning worse then a starving puppy looking for milk..

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not knowing the details previously this could have been at the end of a cycle of several days of run/sleep/run/sleep/run/run/sleep/run with a lot of running and a little sleeping and no showering, no decent eating etc. so it's really in appropriate to say this specific case was mishandled. This could very well be the equivalent of a 34 hour restart for a guy that maxed his 70.

To say that as a general rule one must manage time wisely and capitalize on opportunities as often as possible is appropriate. To criticize this snapshot of one instance is not. In any event, safety should always trump all else.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Hey Ark, that schoolhouse you are attending seems to be making you plenty touchy feeley. Seems the Jarhead part is suffering. Maybe you should ask yourself "what would my Gunny think of me now"??

Leo, if he'd been runn'in his azz off for ten days prior he shoulda splaind that, and he shoulda simply gone oos, and got in line after he "woke up" steada trying to screw da pooch like apparently happened. Regardless, if folks don't want others speculating on their posts maybe they should provide the info required to have a minds eye view of events. But they don't. Just like most things in life, it only takes about 17% more money to get the best product, 17% more time and effort to be a super star, etc., etc., but they don't.

Jes keep on shoot'in ourselves in the foot.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I think if my Gunny or my 1st Sgt saw the grades I was making and the education I am trying to obtain they be would quite proud. They were pretty hard core, but they didn't talk down to people for no reason. You can be tough, and still encourage and build others up. You were refering to a completely different post, and got this one way off track. Since you want to bring up the military, what kind of field grade officer says some of the stuff you do? My Col was always encouraging people around him. Plus he wasn't as foul mouthed to say things that don't pertain to the conversation like you did recently and caused a post to get locked down.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Well Ark, in the grand scheme of things, as far as peoples actions and other events, there is nothing off base in this post at all. I am in fact encouraging the readers to mend their ways if'n they wear the shoes. Steda wonder'in what happened. If like you, they don't read things, then that's the way it is. Jes pointing out how and why things go south without folks even trying to screw up, because they just don't understand what they did or didn't do that impacts events. Sometimes it can be the stupidest or simplist actions that have a profound impact. But alas, i'm not typing to pat someone on the back. They can do that themselves, if they would.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Yep. This week I have been sitting everywhere I go it seems like. The later half of this month has been a bummer. Earlier was great and last month wasn't bad either. Now I'm sitting round 20 million other drivers waiting to get out of Akron/Cleveland.:mad:

ericmoss37

Seasoned Expediter
Fall are you in a cargo van or something because my two solo's have been getting a mini and a two hundred mile run daily in that area.

danieljames

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks for nice panther drivers wake up and I don't readily see a problem. Probably got pre-dispatched because there wasn't any trucks in Indy at the load booking time. The FL load likely followed because many would turn it down. No surprise.
If, his load cancelled, he likely got a first out at some point and recieved another load. Again, I don't see anything unusual.
-------------------------------------------------------------
danieljames
Oklahoma Alcohol Addiction Treatment

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
the proof is in the qc....dont believe a thing unless ya see it on the qc....i have met many people (even had a post on it) of why some expeditors lie.....but eventually if you listen long enough there stories become erronous>>>

kangar0085

Seasoned Expediter
I love the conspiracy theorists they crack me up. They have no clue that their weak conspiracy theory mind is driving them directly into the ground.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Panther gives the loads to whoever they want to give the loads to; plain and simple. I was sitting in Nashville once and there was a guy in a sprinter who was first out and dispatchers kept on skipping over him and I got a load before he did. So, sometimes dispatch just does whatever they want to do.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
IM AWAKE........ IM AWAKE.............. really i am ......... lol

well i guess some if you make yourself available for haz mats....and canadian loads... that could increase some things.. too.........
i been busy most the week..... well last few weeks.......
and well ....... im gonna just shut up and read here....... heh

garman351

Expert Expediter
As posted periodically in other threads, dispatchers at Panther are not playing favorites. They are very busy all the time and don't have the time to be looking for their buddies and shuffling things around to benefit "special" units. I've had times where I was on a load and had another waiting before I got to the first cons. It doesn't happen often at all but once in a while it works out that way. There are definitely issues in dispatch but favoritism isn't one of them. If you're a Missourian do like I did and go sit with them for a day. It's eye opening.

Spoken like a true company man LDB being a fleet owner for Panther.
I know a team who for the last several weeks is only being offered solo runs when they are a team who has accepted almost everything offered to them. A friend of mine told me yesterday his team was offered a 400 mile run but they had to deadhead 300 miles to get it? Panther refused to offer them any help on the deadhead. I guess they will miss the payment on that new Cadillac this month. Where is all the work at? This is supposed to be the busiest time of the year, Yah-right.

Garman

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can only comment on what I've observed myself and that's what I did. As I've regularly said, anyone with doubts should go sit in for an afternoon and see how it goes.