Panther Deceit

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wish Panther would be a little more up front and forthcoming with information that greatly impacts O/Os, like load offers. Even the Driver Relations department is clueless. Thanks for the insight Dave. It's more than I get from my "Partner."

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Of course they are clueless. That is by design. Which is fine as long as you know what they are doing. Just basic common sense. If you have a reefer @ 1.75 for example in a TX border town, that truck will rot until he is the last man standing or a load develops that goes to a destination that requires that trucks requirements. If you look at what the bid rates are in those areas, Panther isn't about to take a loss to move a truck unless there is somewhere else they can pick up the difference.
Bet you can guess as to why I have no reefers.

Last edited:

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
My first week with Panther..700 miles..(CV) has this just been a slow week? I have to disagree about them not using "first outs" I arrived on Utica NY board as only driver. But I looked at board positition few hours later and I was number two(first out arrived):mad: This happened two times, and I ended up spending almost three days sitting. And when I arrived here in PA I was on Pittsburg board as no.2 driver with 3 daily loads..but I moved across the street to a different truckstop and now im on Williamsport board no.3 with 0 loads daily.

Dont steal, the government hates competition. ~Ron Paul~

Last edited:

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
The softwear that they use for dispatch used to include the rate they turned that off but one part they left on i dont like at all and that is if i am #1 and i had a great week last week or i am doing good this week and a truck that isnt doing as well is sitting next to me that truck will get the offer. This was what Sean explained when they were learning how to set up the new softwear

canesman07

Seasoned Expediter
I always believe in taking care of those who take care of themselves. I always move from a bad area to a good area and very rarely ask Panther to pay with an EM and sometimes I get a ld in route. If a driver is unwilling to move to a better area tough s$%t. I should not lose my load by swap because of that. BTW my avg load is over 500 miles as a solo van and yes I made silver the first half of 2012. I get dispatched around and it is annoying but most of you who are complaining have been dispatched in from of others also. What comes around goes around and if you play your cards right by that I mean not yelling or cursing at dispatcher (feel free to the people in "safety") they will feed u apples rather then lemons. Do them a favor every now and then with out raping them for bonuses and see how ur year ends up. I have increased revenue every year I have been at Panther and that is more then 6 years.

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well they done ****ed me off again,
holiday weekend sound asleep and i get a message and a call for a load its 4am and the load doesnt pic for another 54 hrs 2 and half days away now i want to know why im the only truck within 100 miles , and its a gm load to boot nothing extra for the long dead head like they need help there showing a profit and giving bonuses to gm employees this is my last gm load, and the last time in.
I dont understand why they had to call so early for this load, your going i ans the phone 4 in the morn. They can put me out of service, its only a ph.call to get put back to tell me that this load just came in.
Sorry dispatch use your headbefore you send or wake a person up at 4 in the morning see when they pod from last load which was a fiasco at ford because they knew i had a lift gate which is not alowed at this ford plant,use your head panther.