Pallet jacks

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you are not planning on using it everyday the ones that Northern Tool have work well.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
For fair price I'm thinking either one of those 2 places would work. Now whether quality will play into it I have no idea. How often ya going to use it? If everyday I say spend the money on something you know is good. Every tool I ever got at harbor freight is broken.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
4e81afae-54a4-460c-a0e1-23ba52404a74_zpsf88d8e33.png

Harbor Freight of St. Louis is having a huge Pre-Fire Inventory Reduction Sale. Prices slashed on all in stock items. Everything must go today so don't delay! Harbor Freight is conveniently located just off I-270, south on Florissant.

If you can't make the sale today, please stop by for our Pre-Ash Wednesday sale tomorrow only. Why wait until Lent for huge savings on remaining inventory?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Have found some good ones at pawn shops as well. Some are barely used.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
4e81afae-54a4-460c-a0e1-23ba52404a74_zpsf88d8e33.png

Harbor Freight of St. Louis is having a huge Pre-Fire Inventory Reduction Sale. Prices slashed on all in stock items. Everything must go today so don't delay! Harbor Freight is conveniently located just off I-270, south on Florissant.

If you can't make the sale today, please stop by for our Pre-Ash Wednesday sale tomorrow only. Why wait until Lent for huge savings on remaining inventory?
Only moot could find humor in this situation.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Moot's the first to say his sense of humor is warped - but that's what makes the best funny people, lol.
It's hard to imagine an actual business running that ad, but it would have been spot on, if they had.
On topic: I would compare models & prices online, then decide where to buy - saves time.

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Harbor freight is your best bet for new had mine for two yrs and someone needed one on dock sold it to him for 150 bought a new one for 200.00 at harbor freight that day.

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
Got ours at northern tool spent $200+ for the good one had for last 3 years no problems use at least 3+ times a week

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just got one from here. $300. So far, so good.

Atlas 2014 E-Z Lift

Also, are you looking for a regular size pallet jack, or the skinny one.

I was thinking about getting the skinny one but not sure how stable it would be for regular pallets. Would you recommend the skinny one for universal use or the regular size?

Polish_Drive

Rookie Expediter
I was thinking about getting the skinny one but not sure how stable it would be for regular pallets. Would you recommend the skinny one for universal use or the regular size?

Well, all of my friends use those narrow pallet jacks and they like them. I have only used it twice so far, and one of those two times my narrow pallet jack was worthless. I had 7,500 lbs of salt on 3 heavy duty skids (home delivery) Those heavy duty pallets have two boards in the middle instead of one, like regular pallets. There is no way you can use narrow pallet jack on those

Photo- Wooden Pallets manufacturer

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, all of my friends use those narrow pallet jacks and they like them. I have only used it twice so far, and one of those two times my narrow pallet jack was worthless. I had 7,500 lbs of salt on 3 heavy duty skids (home delivery) Those heavy duty pallets have two boards in the middle instead of one, like regular pallets. There is no way you can use narrow pallet jack on those

Photo- Wooden Pallets manufacturer

Thanks for the info, that's kind of what I thinking. I'm looking for the standard size pallet jack.