Our company

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
To Ron or anyone. Please feel free to pm or email me if anyone has a concern that you feel is not being seen or addressed.

Ibetruckin welcome to the board (not sure your unit#)

To OVM, your math is pretty sound. We take a big whack when units sit. But I have always looked at this as we are in it together. I have a responsibility to do what ever we can. Yes the things we do are not what other expedite carriers do. It is that way by design, not by accident.

To everyone on this thread thank you for the kind words. Make no mistake we have to continue to improve everyday as a company. If we don't move forward, we will fall back. I conveyed my feelings with operations as well today, just as I did with the fleet on here.

I will say that they are often caught in the middle when things are slower. Management and myself are putting pressure on them on one side, while the fleet places pressure on the other side. Sitting often causes understandable tension with a driver. With that being said, I will not tolerate anyone on my staff not showing the driver the proper respect. But, I also expect the same from the fleet to operations. It is a two way street. I do not envy your job, but I do respect it more than most.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
To Ron or anyone. Please feel free to pm or email me if anyone has a concern that you feel is not being seen or addressed.

To OVM, your math is pretty sound. We take a big whack when units sit. But I have always looked at this as we are in it together. I have a responsibility to do what ever we can. Yes the things we do are not what other expedite carriers do. It is that way by design, not by accident.

To everyone on this thread thank you for the kind words. Make no mistake we have to continue to improve everyday as a company. If we don't move forward, we will fall back. I conveyed my feelings with operations as well today, just as I did with the fleet on here.

I will say that they are often caught in the middle when things are slower. Management and myself are putting pressure on them on one side, while the fleet places pressure on the other side. Sitting often causes understandable tension with a driver. With that being said, I will not tolerate anyone on my staff not showing the driver the proper respect. But, I also expect the same from the fleet to operations. It is a two way street. I do not envy your job, but I do respect it more than most.

I was thinking....;)

guido4475

Not a Member
In the past, I have been at several different companies that when it was slow, they would be playing solitare on the computer, on the phone with their girlfreinds, online on e-bay, outside waxing their 4x4, or even out back toking on a joint.Always, eveytime I go upstairs to the operations office, they are always busy.Always.Look at John.Friday night.11 pm.On here interacting with us.He has even called me to apologize for me sitting in the past in the late hours of the night, even once when he was on vacation with his family.I know of several company owners who bolt for the door at 4 on a Friday, to try and play golf, why their drivers are hung out to dry somewhere.Nobody on here, at Load One, has a right to complain, especially with all that he has and is doing for us.Nobody.Am I *** kissing? Absolutely not, no matter how much it looks like I am.When I came to load One, I was a financial mess.Since coming to Load One, alot of things, problems, caused by my believing in the wrong carriers,are getting resolved.Never has my future looked so much brighter.Never before have I been so proud of a company that I represent.IRS issues that have haunted me are getting resolved.Bills are getting paid off.It is not easy, but it is getting done.John and Load One have done so much for me, that other carriers would not even dream of doing.And for this, I am forever grateful to the both of them, including God.I once said on here that I'd take a bullet for John.It sounds extreme, but it is true.Once again, thank you.

I need to get some sleep.Have another load to do in the A.M.Small loads may not seem like alot, but they do add up in a hurry, and in times like this, anything is better than nothing.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
John Elliott wrote:

Any of you that are part of the Load 1 family...please sene me a PM or post it here...at what carrier you have been with have you ever had this type of communication from the owner of the company in private, let alone in a public forum!?!

If you can't see that this man is Top Shelf and that he surrounds homself with like thinking people, well then I wish you all the sound fortunes at your next carrier....

Yes there are certainly issues that can be addressed, but to call out any department as was done here and not take it to the heads of those departments or even john himself, laying it all out here, isn;t needed...yes i am guilty of this exact thing, but i would hope that those doing it now, would learn as i did, the powers that be, will work to make it right, or to show you their thinking behind all issues of concern...

I am going to bed, then home in the morning...you all enjoy life and the road...we do what we do, with who we do it for to benefit all those important to us...and that doesn't mean just your wife, kids and close family...we here at Load 1 are all family....Enjoy your weekend...

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I didn't see this thread until late, but I couldn't go to bed without commenting. I won't list all the things rolling around in my head because I'd be up till dawn. Suffice it to say the title of this thread started by the owner of the company says it all. I will, however, comment on what Load 1 and John Elliott means to my wife and I.

19 months ago we made the decision to sign on with Load 1. I was in the final stage of recovery from back surgery and our trucks were not doing well with the carrier we were with at the time. John and his staff spent most of a day answering all the questions we had making the final decision easy. Two trucks went on right away, and the other five followed in short order.

In January of this year, my back popped again. I said nothing at the time, and that mistake was pointed out to me by the wife and Mr. Elliott in no uncertain terms. The surgery was done in March and I came back in August. During this period, I was emailing John most every day and he never failed to answer. He even called several times to ask how I was doing. He still asks how the back is. Maybe that's a small thing to some, but it meant a lot to me and still does.

My point here is that this is how much John actually cares for the Load 1 family. You may not see it as I did, but you can be sure his fingerprints are all over the place doing the best he can for all of us. Am I a cheerleader, absolutely, and I plan on staying one.

Now, with all that said, I can sleep. Besides, Scottm wrote more that one sentence in a post and OVM is thinking again. Scary.... Good night all.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
ya how bout that, guess we finally figured out what it took. oh, mornin all and ken quit thinkin till you have more coffee. 2nd cup here.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
ahhhhhhhhh..nothing better than feeling the love with my first cup of coffee...so sooooooooothing! :)

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Just wanted to say a little here also....
This is Laura of this Road King team. Tracy and I were new to Expediting and we drove for a man we found here on EO. He was very good to us. He was in our opinion very fair, He owned the truck and we drove it. We felt very fortunate to have found this owner. We had problems with the first carrier we were driving for with him. The owner of that company actually was someone that the owner of the truck had a previous business relationship with. We expressed to him our concerns about the carrier. We weren't sure if it was because we were new and didn't quite understand the business or if we were right in our feelings on how things were run. We stuck it out with that carrier for awhile.

I did a lot of reading in here and watched when Chef Dennis and TJP came over to Load One and all they had to say about this carrier that they had just become part of. I relayed my impression to the owner of the truck and Tracy. We convinced the owner to allow us to move his truck to Load One. We did that and have not been sorry once.

I drove over the road with Tracy for quite awhile. I had gotten home sick and missed my home and grandkids and children. So I decided to stay home and sent Tracy out on his own. He drove for a couple of weeks on his own. He then let the owner of the truck know that I was not on the truck. We were not getting the runs we were at first. Things had slowed way down for us before I got off the truck. Tracy was doing about the same with me off the truck as we were doing with me on the truck. So the owner decided to take the truck back he gave us one week notice that he wanted his truck back. I thought great Tracy will have to come home and get a job and we can get our old life back.

Although I had told Tracy the day before to come and pick me up and I would go back out on the road with him for a couple weeks. I thought I could stay home for a few weeks then go back out on the road for a few weeks. I actually was thinking that I could stay home most of the summer and spend the winter with him on the road. I missed my family but I realized I missed him more. But the owner was taking the truck back so now I couldn't do that.
But I also knew that Tracy wanted to stay on the road.

So I contacted Chef Dennis and told him what was happening. He called right away and asked if the truck goes back to the owner are you guys out of business. I said well yes we are. Chef Dennis offered his Cargo Van to Tracy to drive. Mind you we have never actually met Chef Dennis, only on here in EO. Chef has made his impression on our family without even meeting us. He helped our son get his job at a restaurant in Toledo. My son's aspriations are to be a Chef some day. Chef's son is a manager at the restaurant, so Chef put a bug in his son's ear.

At any rate Chef came to Tracy's rescue and now Tracy is driving Chef's Cargo Van. That is the type of people we have at Load One. They are concerned about other people. We are a family here at Load One. As with every family there are hick ups but that is what makes us strong when we stick together through the rough times together.

We finally met Chef Dennis, he is a very kind man. Thank you for coming into our lives Chef Dennis.

Well I guess I am done. I just wanted to say hello to all. I still miss Tracy but I am glad he is doing what he wants to do. I am starting to get adjusted to him being gone and me being home alone. I don't see my kids or grandkids much about the same as I did while on the road. They all live very busy lives. So I spend a lot of time alone. I am not used to being alone, being the mother of 8.

I have started my Real Estate-Auction Business back up and have started selling Life Insurance also. So I am trying to keep busy. In fact for all those in Ohio or Michigan, feel free to contact me for your Life Insurance and/or Real Estate needs. I am also able to help with liquidating estates, since I am an Auctioneer as well in Ohio and Michigan.

I would go back on the road with him but not full time. I enjoyed going to the different places but I like being home.

John is the head of the Load One Family and he keeps track of his family very well. He does for his family that other owners of companies do not. There are many more advantages here at Load One than at most other Carriers. Things are slow in just about every industry. But the Operations Department are not sitting on the hands doing nothing, they are looking for loads for everyone. We are proud to be part of the Load One Family. There is open communication with everyone all the way to the head of the family. You can't ask for more. There is always bad with good, it is how you deal with it that makes it unbearable or not. We are not quitters and we should not be trying to bring others down just because we are down. Smile tomorrow is another day.

We have a great group of people in this family. Look at what is going on with Caron and what she is doing. We have unselfish people here. I would think most people would be proud to be part of a group of people who are so giving and kind, and who actually care about their fellow man. That is actually an uncommon thing these days. But it is very prevalent here at Load One.

Keep up the great job everyone at Load One!

Last edited:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Keeping the home fires burning isn't such a bad gig Laura..Glad to hear you're doing well. I just went out and bought a turkey just in case Ken makes it home for Thanksgiving....he's a man on a mission right now! *lol*:D

And I'm just putting the final touches on that last Christmas presents for the kids...made quilts for the grandkids (6) and 2 afghans for their parents.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Juju wrote:

made quilts for the grandkids (6) and 2 afghans for their parents

I envy those of you that can do that sort of stuff...gifts like those that are made from the heart are sooo neat, and the memories that the grand kiids will have years from now of those quilts coming from grandma will be priceless...

and Laura, I can promise you that not a day goes by that Tracy doesn't think about and smile knowing that you are taking care of things at home. Knowing that is a great releif for him, i promise ou that....

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Juju wrote:

I envy those of you that can do that sort of stuff...gifts like those that are made from the heart are sooo neat, and the memories that the grand kiids will have years from now of those quilts coming from grandma will be priceless...

and Laura, I can promise you that not a day goes by that Tracy doesn't think about and smile knowing that you are taking care of things at home. Knowing that is a great releif for him, i promise ou that....

Well then Dennis I guess you got a piece of my heart too...via the pickles..*LOL*

I so enjoy making things..whether it be from the garden or the hands..and I also enjoy the fruits of my labor..let's see..yesterday I made fried pickles from my larder and today I'm whipping up a big batch of enchiladas..with the onions from my garden..:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can tell ya it is like being a team without anyone in the passenger seat....Juju looks up weird addresses for loads, finds me Walmarts all while I drive...she takes care of payroll and calls Rene if something is amiss or tells me when something is not posted....and of course she pays all the bills to keep me rolling...All I have to do is drive and not worry about all them other distractions, which leaves to concentrate on MY J.O.B.....and where and what fishin holes to get too...:D

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I can tell ya it is like being a team without anyone in the passenger seat....Juju looks up weird addresses for loads, finds me Walmarts all while I drive...she takes care of payroll and calls Rene if something is amiss or tells me when something is not posted....and of course she pays all the bills to keep me rolling...All I have to do is drive and not worry about all them other distractions, which leaves to concentrate on MY J.O.B.....and where and what fishin holes to get too...:D

I'm a busy girl...*l*

ya turn that poor lizard loose yet?:D