OOS / INS Macros are Automatic now

dadeo2my3

Seasoned Expediter
Carrier Management
Now owner operators can use the Qualcomm MCP200 to AUTOMATICALLY put the vehicle OUT OF SERVICE and back IN SERVICE; the information will now go directly to Load One's dispatch software.

If a Macro 23 (OOS) is sent by the owner operators it will put the vehicle Out Of Service. Driver just needs to show a reason code (1 thru 7) and possible return to service date and time. This will AUTOMATICALLY put the vehicle Out Of Service in the dispatch system.

If a Macro 24 (INS) is sent by the owner operator it will put the vehicle back In Service. This will AUTOMATICALLY put the vehicle In Service in the dispatch system.

There should be no need to call dispatch to show your vehicle Out Of Service OR In Service.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Hopefully this will help to make things smoother for our owner ops! :D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It should certainly help dispatch a lot, not having to waste time putting people in and out of service.

Having the ability to do this was brought up just very recently, and now already it's in place. That's impressive.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Fingers crossed it works! Not all of our great ideas or software modifications have gone well off the launch pad. :rolleyes:

dadeo2my3

Seasoned Expediter
Carrier Management
I'm confident that this will work.
It has been tested (last week) and worked fine without any modifying anything from the dispatcher's end. :D

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I've used it today to go out of service and back into service and it worked without a hitch. It seemed to work at the end of last week, but I didn't know it was the new improved, automated version. Thanks.

eb