OMG I am IMPRESSED

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
And thats not easy to do especially by Panther but you can now check your board position on the owner and drivers web page. plus see how many other trucks on the board and other boards near you with # of trucks and load count.

Panther I'm impressed..... Did I say that out loud?

Paperless Logs Information
Management Q&A - CEO Message - Feb 2008
VFRM User Guide
Virtual Fleet Risk Manager
Submit or Review Complaint
Owner Fleet Summary
Driver Availablity
Owner Open Deductions / Credits
Driver Open Deductions / Credits
Satellite Positions
Board Position <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Payroll History
Open Payables
Comdata Advances
Comdata Check Advances
Comdata Pro Advances
Truck Miles
Fleet Payables

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Seems to me pending paperwork has been clearing more quickly as well. See I don't always have something to complain about.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Panther and the driver's council are and have been working to make things better and have added a number of good things with this being the latest. As they say with tv, stay tuned, there's more to come.

babs3361

Expert Expediter
Like Leo Said just wait we have more to come. Meeting was today and I very happy with the progress.

Phil & Barb Schneider
Council Rep T/T Team

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
If the info is really up to date, it will be a great tool. Now people just make sure that you answer the reposition question after unloading.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If the info is really up to date, it will be a great tool. Now people just make sure that you answer the reposition question after unloading.

You hit on an important point and one main reason people have trouble and wind up sitting. It's easier to ignore the reposition message than answer it. The computer takes no answer to mean no so it continues telling trucks to go there until enough say yes. Add in the ones who ignored it but went there anyway and now there are too many trucks.

A fair amount of the problems people have and complain about are their own doing.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Leo, sorry, but that's simply not true. It may, hopefully, be true soon with these new boards, but it hasn't been true in the past with the boards. (For one, Panther never had boards, remember?) The computer would suggest going to Toledo because it thought there were only 2 trucks there, and the Macro 8 would indicate 2 trucks there, but you call in and find there are 9 trucks there. It's not a chicken and egg thing, either. Didn't matter whether those 9 trucks answered yes or no, they were still there and Macro 8 didn't know it.

Macro 8 is still not accurate, still not in real time, still not the same data that the board position is taken from. When Macro 32 says the average loads per day is 4 and Macro 8 says 2, there's a serious problem.

Still, as mentioned, it's important that people answer, one way or the other, to the reposition suggestion. I still maintain that it's so important that, if someone doesn't answer within 30 minutes, the computer should put them out of service until they do answer. If you don't answer, nobody knows what yer thinkin'. And if you answer no, you should be able to input a location that you are planning to go to instead, and then send an arrival over the QC to let the computer know you're where you want to be.

An automatic fleet self-positioning system is only gonna work if the information the drivers send in is accurate, as it directly affects the information we get out of it. Garbage in, garbage out. Like you said, it's easier to not answer the message, and the first time someone is placed out of service for failing to answer, well, that'll be the last time they fail to answer, and we'll quickly have more accurate information with which to make an informed decision.

babs3361

Expert Expediter
Turtle:

Macro 8 is supposed to be fixed real soon we brought this situation up at the council meeting and they are working on it.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Although I am not a member of the "pride", could you please define the terminology "real soon" for the readers?

My experience has taught me that it takes on various meanings at different organizations.

Just curious as to how it is defined at Panther Expedited Services.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I checked Macro 8 today, and the cities that came up aren't even on the list of new boards that was sent out a few weeks ago.

Right now, we are sitting in Columbia, SC. According to the drivers web, we are listed on the Salley, SC board (which isn't listed on the new board list) and the closest city is Bendale, SC. I checked the postal service website, and this is the message:
29203 (BENDALE, SC IS NOT ACCEPTABLE - USE COLUMBIA

I'm so confused. :confused:

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
Well don't feel bad pelicn. We have been sitting here at the pilot in charleston,sc since Monday. Monday and Tuesday do a marco 32 and it show us on the charlsetons,sc board. Today after having not even moved out of the parking spot it now shows us in the green pond, sc board. Look for it on the map and it's over 50 miles from where we are. Call in and get told oh we did away with the charleston,sc board. How in the world are we supossed to know where to go when the boards keep going away. LOL

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
LOL...Bernie, I guess I shouldn't complain after hearing that, at least the "board" is still here.

whitewolf

Seasoned Expediter
:) Good job Panther lool
I'm not the only one in NC sitting 2 days on Charlotte board 2nd out and today Charlotte board disapperead and I'm 3rd out on Morganton, NC. I'm tired already..It's been 3 yrs with lot of promises..I've seen nothing...What they can do stop taking trucks..all the boards are full and I met team in Lexington, KY with 90 miles in one week..I'm not interested in tehnology...I need loads to keep my truck running..don't give a hoot about position, reposition, driver council... I need gas under 2$ per gallon and freight...that's what I need not promises

Last edited by a moderator:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
"I think our new slogan, "Seeing is Believing," really captures the spirit here at Panther. We are making changes to improve our operations and procedures and those changes will have a positive impact on our owner-operators and drivers and their bottom line."

Quote taken from a Panther Open House E-Mail.
[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They are in the process of refining the locations in each state. Currently they are working on the southeast so that would account for the changes in the Carolinas. They are doing 2 states per day, to get them better aligned with freight.

Don't believe everything you hear at every truckstop. I worked with one of my constituent drivers some time ago who through several calls told me how there were no load offers etc. I happened to be on my way to Seville so when I got there I went in to talk about his problem. In the office I saw on the computer where there had been 8 load offers not zero.

I know there are plenty of warts still but things are gradually improving. The driver council gives up a good bit of time to push for and bring about changes for the better. That time could be spent working and making money or at home with family.

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
Well I personally don't understand the change in the charleston,sc board. Most of our freight out of here has been right out of north chalreston area. Never been anywhere near this so called green pond,sc. Had never even heard of it till today. LOL Crazy is the word. Why would you make little out of the way towns boards and not major city areas. Just doesn't make sense to me at all.

And another suggestion would be to add something in this new board position thing that show how many trucks and what size have been dispatched out of that area every 3 hrs too. So we know whether to sit there or move somewhere else. JMO