Old People Rule ....

Monty

Expert Expediter
Senior citizens are constantly being criticized for every conceivable deficiency of the modern world, real or imaginary. We know we take responsibility for all we
have done and do not blame others.

HOWEVER, upon reflection, we would like
to point out that it was NOT the senior
... citizens who took:

The melody out of music,

The pride out of appearance,

The courtesy out of driving,

The romance out of love,

The commitment out of marriage,

The responsibility out of parenthood,

The togetherness out of the family,

The learning out of education,

The service out of patriotism,

The Golden Rule from rulers,

The nativity scene out of cities,

The civility out of behavior,

The refinement out of language,

The dedication out of employment,

The prudence out of spending,

The ambition out of achievement or
God out of government and school.

And we certainly are NOT the ones who eliminated patience and tolerance from personal relationships and interactions with others!!

And, we do understand the meaning of patriotism,
and remember those who have fought and died for our country.

Just look at the Seniors with tears in their eyes and pride in their hearts as they stand at attention with their hand over their hearts!

YES, I'M A SENIOR CITIZEN!

I'm the life of the party......

:eek:
I'm just sayin .....

greg334

Veteran Expediter
If you were working in 1960, then you have more to do with that list than you think ... just saying.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
What's a paper route?
:rolleyes:

I had one when I was 10. I think i was delivering bird cage liner or fish wrap. Not exactly sure. But that was only 28 years ago.

I saw an ad to do the same thing. Paid a mind boggling 83 dollars a week. 150 stops a day 6 days a week. I'll bet people are lining up for that one.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I was working in 1960, had a paper route once a week. Made $4 per week. just saying.

so you were working, paying taxes and voting?

The point is that a lot of those things that mentioned came into existence during the 60s and a few - especially the disintegration of the family - happened in the 50's.

So the point is that most of this is attributed to the fact that for someone who was born after 1930, have a hand in everything on that list.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
the fear of god and parents out of children

the respect out of children for their parents

the fear of being spanked

being grateful for what you have

drive to want to work

frugality

civil togetherness

community with your neighbors

the list could go on and on. the answers and knowledge we all seek can be found in a conversation with an elderly person.

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
One of memories is from 1960, when I was carrying the Charlotte Observer(11th grade), and it snowed for three consecutive Wednesdays. That was back when you walked your route with a bag over your shoulder, and put every paper on the customer's porch.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
so you were working, paying taxes and voting?

The point is that a lot of those things that mentioned came into existence during the 60s and a few - especially the disintegration of the family - happened in the 50's.

So the point is that most of this is attributed to the fact that for someone who was born after 1930, have a hand in everything on that list.

You sure are not a lot of fun.

Yes I WAS working, up too the ability of a 9 year old. Which, by the way, is FAR more than many today do! Far too many just sit around waiting to be cared for.

I started working when I was 9 and have been working ever since. I am PROUD to say that!

The point is I had NOTHING to do with the break down of the family, mine is intact, has been for going on 39 years. I am responsible ONLY for MY actions. Nothing more.