OHIO INCREASES FUEL TAX

guido4475

Not a Member
Just my two cents ...

I drive 65 all the time as well.

1. Best performance for mpg also less wear & tear.
2. We don't get bonus money for delivering early.

You'll find me sputtering along in the right lane, while all the hot shots buzz by running faster transit times for less $

You are absolutely correct, as much as I am guilty of putting the hammer down at times

Unfortunately, my vans sweet spot is around 75+ mph. It just sings, with plenty of power and pedal left.

But 65 mph with the cruise gives me the best mpg and relaxation. 14.8 on average.

Reactions: Grizzly

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
The "suicidal " word was meant in reference at how suicidal it would be to drive that fast on the so many roads that are littered with potholes.

Please dont call me sweetie. Im not a turd burglar like you. Thats not my thing.

Are you in a solo straight truck? Is the reason why you are so butt hurt over my comment is because a lower speed limit will reduce the amout of miles you can drive in you're government controlled weekday, thus reducing your income? Possibly? I feel for you guys. The stress has got to be unreal, especially in the terms of time that takes away from that clock ticking away.

Where did I say that "everyone" should do 65? Im flattered that you think that my opion matters, and will have a strong say so in the speed limit laws. Thank you.What would be your ideal and desired speed limit?

Enjoy your weekend!
Now just take it easy there sweetie. Breathe, and release. Perhaps switch to de-cafe for a bit.

I'm from Michigan, born and raised. Driving for years. In Michigan, they actually teach us how to drive. So operation of a motor vehicle in adverse conditions, or difficult terrain might come easier to someone like me. Whereas someone like you probably doesn't have the capability to handle such conditions. So they want everyone else retarded to their level.

That being said, I drive a sprinter.....

"I'd be happy with a nation wide 65 limit to be honest". 85 in Texas is luducris, suicidal".

You know exactly what you are trying to advocate for. You weren't talking about potholes. You were talking about speeds you think are too high. So the only conclusion from that is you can't handle those speeds.

Perhaps if you tried remembering your original comments as much as you're trying to come up with insults(which are amateur at best) we might be done with this conversation.

Another thing I can't stand is when someone makes a comment, then retreats from it. Which is stupid......almost as decorated expedite vans.....

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
You are absolutely correct, as much as I am guilty of putting the hammer down at times

Unfortunately, my vans sweet spot is around 75+ mph. It just sings, with plenty of power and pedal left.

But 65 mph with the cruise gives me the best mpg and relaxation. 14.8 on average.
You should stick to your 65 mph speed limits. IE: Your comfort zone.

Sweetie.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
No.....just no. A speed limit is just that. A limit. It's not a requirement. No one is stopping you from driving 65 around the US. So advocating for everyone else to have to abide by slower limits because that's what you want is completely asinine.

If you can't handle higher speed limits, perhaps it's time for you to get off the road.

It really has nothing to do with not being able to drive faster. If someone chooses to drive under the limit and stay to the right, it’s none of any else’s business. That’s a real moron’s view. I really wish they would start really enforcing the speed limits. A couple over the limit is reasonable to make up for speedometers that are off a little. Ten over is really asinine. I’m so tired of going the limit in right lane or passing and getting tailgated and cut off. It is maddening. I’ve been tempted to slam on the brakes. Might’ve gotten some rust repair done on my old sprinter. The jerk wouldn’t have a leg to stand on.
I really can’t stand what is so fascinating about being impatient and beating everyone else.
I wonder how many of those imbeciles have kids at home where they set rules that have to be followed or else. Great example for the kids. Most of the kids wind up flaunting the law because of the example that these imbeciles show.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Compa

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Bottom line, politicians have never met a tax they don't like. The farther left the politician the more they like it. After all, you are improperly holding their money and it's their job to take as much of it away from you as possible to spend ever so wisely. So, don't like higher taxes, vote right not wrong, I mean left.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
Bottom line, politicians have never met a tax they don't like. The farther left the politician the more they like it. After all, you are improperly holding their money and it's their job to take as much of it away from you as possible to spend ever so wisely. So, don't like higher taxes, vote right not wrong, I mean left.

Gee, I didn’t know George H. W. Bush was a democrat. Not to mention Reagan who raised taxes several times. As far as that now famous tax cut that the right (wrong) keeps crowing about, when that took effect, I lost about $2.00 per week. That’s about $104 a per year. Some tax cut! But then I only made little more than minimum wage so I didn’t count. Don’t forget that Clinton not only balanced the budget, he brought it to a surplus. Trump’s tax cuts are going to add trillions to our deficit.

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
It really has nothing to do with not being able to drive faster. If someone chooses to drive under the limit and stay to the right, it’s none of any else’s business. That’s a real moron’s view. I really wish they would start really enforcing the speed limits. A couple over the limit is reasonable to make up for speedometers that are off a little. Ten over is really asinine. I’m so tired of going the limit in right lane or passing and getting tailgated and cut off. It is maddening. I’ve been tempted to slam on the brakes. Might’ve gotten some rust repair done on my old sprinter. The jerk wouldn’t have a leg to stand on.
I really can’t stand what is so fascinating about being impatient and beating everyone else.
I wonder how many of those imbeciles have kids at home where they set rules that have to be followed or else. Great example for the kids. Most of the kids wind up flaunting the law because of the example that these imbeciles show.

" I’ve been tempted to slam on the brakes. Might’ve gotten some rust repair done on my old sprinter. The jerk wouldn’t have a leg to stand on."

Actually neither would you. It's called wreckless driving, impeading the flow of traffic, and possibly criminal negligence.

Your insurance company would refuse to cover the damages as would theirs. Don't believe me? Ask the guy that pulled that crap with me in Chicago last year. Thought he was going to get a pay day, but because I had a dashcam, the only thing he got were citations and his insurance company refusing to cover damage (which was minimal). I drove away with a slight delay and a couple scratches on my bumper.

Your same concept applies to people who speed. It's none of your business what speed someone operates their vehicle at. You don't own it ....you aren't a cop....you aren't effected in any legitimate way to worry about what someone else is doing.

Just stay in the right lane, and do your own thing.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
" I’ve been tempted to slam on the brakes. Might’ve gotten some rust repair done on my old sprinter. The jerk wouldn’t have a leg to stand on."

Actually neither would you. It's called wreckless driving, impeading the flow of traffic, and possibly criminal negligence.

Your insurance company would refuse to cover the damages as would theirs. Don't believe me? Ask the guy that pulled that crap with me in Chicago last year. Thought he was going to get a pay day, but because I had a dashcam, the only thing he got were citations and his insurance company refusing to cover damage (which was minimal). I drove away with a slight delay and a couple scratches on my bumper.

Your same concept applies to people who speed. It's none of your business what speed someone operates their vehicle at. You don't own it ....you aren't a cop....you aren't effected in any legitimate way to worry about what someone else is doing.

Just stay in the right lane, and do your own thing.

Except that speeding causes more cutting in and out and accidents which can affect me and everyone else negatively on the road. If he is so close to my Sprinter I can state that a semi started to pull into my lane and he couldn’t prove otherwise as he would not be able to see past me. I can see where his dash cam could help me in that case because it couldn’t have Proven otherwise either as it couldn’t see in front of me or the right lane in front of me.
If we’re not going to enforce speed laws, what else? Running red lights and stop signs? How about auto theft? B&E and burglarizing? Where do we draw the line?
So if you say speeding is none of my business, you are deadly wrong.

Reactions: Compa

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
Except that speeding causes more cutting in and out and accidents which can affect me and everyone else negatively on the road. If he is so close to my Sprinter I can state that a semi started to pull into my lane and he couldn’t prove otherwise as he would not be able to see past me. I can see where his dash cam could help me in that case because it couldn’t have Proven otherwise either as it couldn’t see in front of me or the right lane in front of me.
If we’re not going to enforce speed laws, what else? Running red lights and stop signs? How about auto theft? B&E and burglarizing? Where do we draw the line?
So if you say speeding is none of my business, you are deadly wrong.

But until they directly affect you, mind your own business. If you want to enforce laws, go become a law enforcement officer. It's quite simple.

Making up a story to explain your wreckless driving is also considered obstruction of justice, so add another charge.

But it's kind of ironic actually. You're crying about other people driving recklessly and causing accidents. Yet you literally just stated how you desire to purposely cause an accident because you didn't like someone following you too closely. Then you also stated you wouldn't have a problem making up a story to explain your reckless driving. People like you are why I have a universal camera system around my van.

So.....I stand by my statement of mind omyour own business. Because what you have just described, makes you know better than that individual who speeding.

I will never understand why people have it in their mind that they need to control other people's actions. It's like they suffer from lack of control in their own lives, so they need to find something that they can control. It's like when it comes to guns or marijuana. Some people have it in their minds that they need to control how people exercise their rights. Not to mention control what an individual puts in their bodies. This country would be such a much better place if people just went along with their day and minded their own business.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The weather/ truck traffic/ salt has a lot to do with the effect on Michigan roads.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't accept that..
Neighboring states have the same weather/ truck traffic/ salt issues. Their roads are nowhere near as bad.
Disagree. Neighboring states don't have the lake effect conditions that Michigan has. Added to that the constant changing weather systems that create a freeze/ thaw/ snow/ rain for at least 5 months out of the year.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
But until they directly affect you, mind your own business. If you want to enforce laws, go become a law enforcement officer. It's quite simple.

Making up a story to explain your wreckless driving is also considered obstruction of justice, so add another charge.

But it's kind of ironic actually. You're crying about other people driving recklessly and causing accidents. Yet you literally just stated how you desire to purposely cause an accident because you didn't like someone following you too closely. Then you also stated you wouldn't have a problem making up a story to explain your reckless driving. People like you are why I have a universal camera system around my van.

So.....I stand by my statement of mind omyour own business. Because what you have just described, makes you know better than that individual who speeding.

I will never understand why people have it in their mind that they need to control other people's actions. It's like they suffer from lack of control in their own lives, so they need to find something that they can control. It's like when it comes to guns or marijuana. Some people have it in their minds that they need to control how people exercise their rights. Not to mention control what an individual puts in their bodies. This country would be such a much better place if people just went along with their day and minded their own business.

First of all, I didn’t say that I would slam on the brakes. I said that I could. Second, if you were tailgating and your camera showed that you were that close, the officer should have been written up for dereliction if duty for not doing his job protecting the rest of us.
By the way, I haven’t been in an accident in about 27 years. I was in the right lane on I 96 eastbound at the Novi exit doing 70, the limit. I was cruising along minding my own business when this “above the law” dumb a$$ came by me almost like I was standing still. Well, the idiot hadn’t think ahead and get over for his exit an so he cut me off to get off. Well, his quarter panel behind the rear wheel met just behind my front bumper. I had to counter steer to avoid losing control. It wound up being (I had never heard of this) a pit maneuver. He spun around and for a short time he was going sideways down the shoulder with me pushing him sideways. He spun the rest of the way. According to witnesses he rolled twice. I was cleared immediately because of the witnesses. I tried to find out how he was but the officer wouldn’t tell me. I suspect he was killed.
So again, it is everyone’s business. I was “minding my own business”. What good did that do me?
Another thing, while on surface streets, going the limit, I get tailgated. I have had lights change pretty close and hit the brakes. Fortunately They must have had good reflexes as they didn’t rear end me. Also have had people run stop signs in front of me. If you or someone else hits me you would automatically be in the wrong for not having your vehicle under control and or following at an unsafe distance. On top of that, there would be the inconvenience of being without my car. Not to mention having to pay a deductible and having my rates skyrocket for no fault of mine. Would you like to repeat that BS about speeders and tailgaters being none of my or anyone’s business? It also sounds like you are for drinking and drugs while driving. If I’m wrong about that, I apologize. As long as you don’t get behind the wheel, you are really right about it being none of my business. The is unless you have to get medical treatment because of your stupidity and it causes my health insurance or taxes to go up in which it’s mine and everyone else’s business.
I am strongly in favor of protecting the public against individuals who think they are better than everyone else and that they are above the law. People like that are extremely self centered and don’t give a crap about anyone else.

hedgehog

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Disagree. Neighboring states don't have the lake effect conditions that Michigan has. Added to that the constant changing weather systems that create a freeze/ thaw/ snow/ rain for at least 5 months out of the year.
Seriously ??
Cleveland, Erie PA, Buffalo NY. MI has more lake effect snow than these 3 cities by the lake ??
Maybe allowing trucks to weigh 160,000 lbs might have some bearing on the crappy roads.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Northern Ohio and western New York get the same, if not worse, lake effects. Sorry, i dont buy any of those excuses.