OHIO INCREASES FUEL TAX

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Seriously ??
Cleveland, Erie PA, Buffalo NY. MI has more lake effect snow than these 3 cities by the lake ??
Maybe allowing trucks to weigh 160,000 lbs might have some bearing on the crappy roads.
Yes, Cleveland. The rest of Ohio not so much. N.Y. and PA aren't neighboring states to Mi.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Northern Ohio and western New York get the same, if not worse, lake effects. Sorry, i dont buy any of those excuses.
Michigan's weather is different. The saying goes that "if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it will change." Michigan is a different animal with the weather.

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
First of all, I didn’t say that I would slam on the brakes. I said that I could. Second, if you were tailgating and your camera showed that you were that close, the officer should have been written up for dereliction if duty for not doing his job protecting the rest of us.
By the way, I haven’t been in an accident in about 27 years. I was in the right lane on I 96 eastbound at the Novi exit doing 70, the limit. I was cruising along minding my own business when this “above the law” dumb a$$ came by me almost like I was standing still. Well, the idiot hadn’t think ahead and get over for his exit an so he cut me off to get off. Well, his quarter panel behind the rear wheel met just behind my front bumper. I had to counter steer to avoid losing control. It wound up being (I had never heard of this) a pit maneuver. He spun around and for a short time he was going sideways down the shoulder with me pushing him sideways. He spun the rest of the way. According to witnesses he rolled twice. I was cleared immediately because of the witnesses. I tried to find out how he was but the officer wouldn’t tell me. I suspect he was killed.
So again, it is everyone’s business. I was “minding my own business”. What good did that do me?
Another thing, while on surface streets, going the limit, I get tailgated. I have had lights change pretty close and hit the brakes. Fortunately They must have had good reflexes as they didn’t rear end me. Also have had people run stop signs in front of me. If you or someone else hits me you would automatically be in the wrong for not having your vehicle under control and or following at an unsafe distance. On top of that, there would be the inconvenience of being without my car. Not to mention having to pay a deductible and having my rates skyrocket for no fault of mine. Would you like to repeat that BS about speeders and tailgaters being none of my or anyone’s business? It also sounds like you are for drinking and drugs while driving. If I’m wrong about that, I apologize. As long as you don’t get behind the wheel, you are really right about it being none of my business. The is unless you have to get medical treatment because of your stupidity and it causes my health insurance or taxes to go up in which it’s mine and everyone else’s business.
I am strongly in favor of protecting the public against individuals who think they are better than everyone else and that they are above the law. People like that are extremely self centered and don’t give a crap about anyone else.
Lol yeah...... ok buddy.

I'm done arguing with you. We both know what you have implied here. We both know what you have stated you wanted to do. Back pedalling isn't going to work. Go ahead and act stupid, you might end up biting off more than you can chew. Especially around someone like me.

Mind your own business. This also applies to your every day love outside of driving.

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
Seriously ??
Cleveland, Erie PA, Buffalo NY. MI has more lake effect snow than these 3 cities by the lake ??
Maybe allowing trucks to weigh 160,000 lbs might have some bearing on the crappy roads.
This!

Michigan is the only state that allows multi axle semis. Other surrounding states allow a certain distance into them from Michigan, and allow permitted multi axle loads further....but Michigan allows them to run all over. People act like this is a new thing, but Michigan has had crap roads for decades.
That coupled with neglected maintenance and crap repair work contributes to the garbage Michigan roads.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
Lol yeah...... ok buddy.

I'm done arguing with you. We both know what you have implied here. We both know what you have stated you wanted to do. Back pedalling isn't going to work. Go ahead and act stupid, you might end up biting off more than you can chew. Especially around someone like me.

Mind your own business. This also applies to your every day love outside of driving.

Truth hurts doesn’t it? I just gave two examples of being stupid on the roads effect everyone and you are such a blockhead you still don’t understand. Someday you are going to cause problems for the wrong guy and you will get what’s coming to you. That poor idiot who cut into me at that exit sure did. I will never forget that and it haunts me a little every day. But at least he will never pull that kind of deed and endanger the rest of us again.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

guido4475

Not a Member
But until they directly affect you, mind your own business. If you want to enforce laws, go become a law enforcement officer. It's quite simple.

Making up a story to explain your wreckless driving is also considered obstruction of justice, so add another charge.

But it's kind of ironic actually. You're crying about other people driving recklessly and causing accidents. Yet you literally just stated how you desire to purposely cause an accident because you didn't like someone following you too closely. Then you also stated you wouldn't have a problem making up a story to explain your reckless driving. People like you are why I have a universal camera system around my van.

So.....I stand by my statement of mind omyour own business. Because what you have just described, makes you know better than that individual who speeding.

I will never understand why people have it in their mind that they need to control other people's actions. It's like they suffer from lack of control in their own lives, so they need to find something that they can control. It's like when it comes to guns or marijuana. Some people have it in their minds that they need to control how people exercise their rights. Not to mention control what an individual puts in their bodies. This country would be such a much better place if people just went along with their day and minded their own business.

Than maybe you should practice what you are preaching and mind your own business than.

guido4475

Not a Member
Seriously ??

Exactly right on the money. Michigan is a poor state. They have no money for preventive road maintenance. Only when road conditions, whether it be weather related, or waiting for potholes to get like craters, do they finally do something. And yet, these people there drive like complete idiots. I can understand why they have no fault insurance here.

guido4475

Not a Member
This!

Michigan is the only state that allows multi axle semis. Other surrounding states allow a certain distance into them from Michigan, and allow permitted multi axle loads further....but Michigan allows them to run all over. People act like this is a new thing, but Michigan has had crap roads for decades.
That coupled with neglected maintenance and crap repair work contributes to the garbage Michigan roads.

Ya know, as much as I think of you as a butt pirate, I completely agree with this post of yours.

• Haha
Reactions: brokcanadian

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Seriously ??
It’s not the weight of the trucks but the way the roads are made and the type of materials going into making those roads. In other words, inferior materials make inferior roads. Of course look who runs the concrete contracts.

guido4475

Not a Member
It’s not the weight of the trucks but the way the roads are made and the type of materials going into making those roads. In other words, inferior materials make inferior roads. Of course look who runs the concrete contracts.

I think it is the poor road base and the thickness of the concrete. Cutting corners, perhaps, along with the already mentioned heavy weight allocation that Michigan allows all adds up to the result we see.

Reactions: Treadmill

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
Than maybe you should practice what you are preaching and mind your own business than.

You really want to keep this going eh cupcake? I mean I've been pretty civil this far with pointing out your swaying.....I can accommodate you further if you like.....:)

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
I think it is the poor road base and the thickness of the concrete. Cutting corners, perhaps, along with the already mentioned heavy weight allocation that Michigan allows all adds up to the result we see.
No one cares what you think Mr. "I can't handle limits over 65”.

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
I'll bet if you kidz try a little harder you might find a way to present your thoughts without insisting somebody else is an idiit because they expressed a different opinion.View attachment 18874

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

You're allowed to voice an opinion. But you aren't free from criticism from that opinion. I'm not posting regarding my opinion, I'm posting regarding this douchebags opinion.

He wanted attention, now he's got it.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There's a reason PM's are available as an option on the forum.

Reactions: Dell

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
There's a reason PM's are available as an option on the forum.
I'm aware. I'd rather play with him in the public eye though. :)

I tried to walk away, but he kept pushing it. Now I'm going to make him the center of attention for me when ever possible. ;)