OHIO INCREASES FUEL TAX

hedgehog

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ohio is raising Diesel Fuel 19 cents per gallon and 10 cents per gallon for us gassers effective early July 2019.

Ohio trying to catch up to PA and MI.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ohio is raising Diesel Fuel 19 cents per gallon and 10 cents per gallon for us gassers effective early July 209.

Gas prices here in Michigan right now I'm seeing $2.89 a gallon. Add to that a proposed 45 cents added gas tax. It could be well over $3.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ohio is raising Diesel Fuel 19 cents per gallon and 10 cents per gallon for us gassers effective early July 209.

Gas prices here in Michigan right now I'm seeing $2.89 a gallon. Add to that a proposed 45 cents added gas tax. It could be well over $3.
We're # 1, We're # 1!!! :mad:

Where's that recall petition!

Reactions: Turtle and RoadTime

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'll stick with our $2.39 although all last fall and early winter it was $1.90 or so.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My opinion probably isn't popular, but, they need to make sure fuel tax revenue goes back into roadways, then whatever they charge would be acceptable to me.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app
You are wrong, ol' Yankee fan..... your opinion is very popular.

The main problem here in Michigan, is they have taxed gasoline for just about everything. Only a small portion goes towards roads. :mad:

dalscott

Expert Expediter
My opinion probably isn't popular, but, they need to make sure fuel tax revenue goes back into roadways, then whatever they charge would be acceptable to me.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

That’s exactly how I feel. I saw her in an interview the other day and she said that the money well not go into the state fund but will be used 100% for roads. If that’s the case, I’m for it. If it doesn’t, I would consider signing a recall petition.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

hedgehog

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Every year the State of Ohio claims the Ohio Turnpike is a cash cow, each year showing record profits which are supposed to be distributed to non-turnpike roads throughout NE Ohio.

Even being semi-retired, I still do a few OABs mainly in PA and MI every week and even those states, with huge fuel taxes, their highways are much worse than the surrounding states.

The more you give the politicians, the more they will spend. (Or what they don't put in their own pocket)

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

guido4475

Not a Member
And it shows how little Michigan spends on their roads in every way. Absolutely no excuse for how bad they are. Take the first/last 15 miles of 75, for example. I run the left lane and stay in it until Ohio/Monroe. Im not tearing my van up through that Gauntlet. Id never buy a vehicle from there, as bad as the roads tear them up.

guido4475

Not a Member
Im not saying this because I am from Ohio, but Ohio does have great roads givin the amount of traffic and weather. They keep up on them in the winter with a vengeance. Now, 71 between Columbus and Cincinnati is a mess, but that will be eventually 3 lane each direction to the river. Rt. 8 is terrible as well. They are doing an excellent job on 75, and the turnpike is great as well. As long as they continue to improve the roads, using the gas tax money, Im all for raising the gas tax.

Another thing that I dont understand is, the government requires the automakers to build the cars to get a certain mpg by a certain year. But yet, the government allows the speed limits to be raised to too high of limits, using more gas, in my opinion. Talk about contracting themselves.

The higher the mpg, the less gas used, generating less gas tax revenue for the roads. But higher speed limits makes the cars use more gas...lol..

It doesn't make sense at all. Id be happy with a nationwide 65 limit to be honest. 85 in Texas is ludicrous, suicidal.

When diesel prices soar, the Fuel surcharge goes up. This is where the more economical vans make out, raising the total pay to the van, ( if the company is not a crook and gives you the 100% of the fsc that you deserve)...if you think about it.

Reactions: Compa and RoadTime

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well CNG would be a bust without a regular route alongside a station. My solution to the Canadian gas taxes (and looming possible diesel squeeze with bunker going to ulsd) is a gasser running propane (0.69c a litre compared to 1.23 a litre for gas)

Americanized that's $1.96 per gasoline gallon equivalent vs $3.48 for gasoline right now (road taxes in)

(That, is likely the only thing left cheaper over here. I wouldn't try it in USA I've never seen an auto propane pump)

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
Im not saying this because I am from Ohio, but Ohio does have great roads givin the amount of traffic and weather. They keep up on them in the winter with a vengeance. Now, 71 between Columbus and Cincinnati is a mess, but that will be eventually 3 lane each direction to the river. Rt. 8 is terrible as well. They are doing an excellent job on 75, and the turnpike is great as well. As long as they continue to improve the roads, using the gas tax money, Im all for raising the gas tax.

Another thing that I dont understand is, the government requires the automakers to build the cars to get a certain mpg by a certain year. But yet, the government allows the speed limits to be raised to too high of limits, using more gas, in my opinion. Talk about contracting themselves.

The higher the mpg, the less gas used, generating less gas tax revenue for the roads. But higher speed limits makes the cars use more gas...lol..

It doesn't make sense at all. Id be happy with a nationwide 65 limit to be honest. 85 in Texas is ludicrous, suicidal.

When diesel prices soar, the Fuel surcharge goes up. This is where the more economical vans make out, raising the total pay to the van, ( if the company is not a crook and gives you the 100% of the fsc that you deserve)...if you think about it.
No.....just no. A speed limit is just that. A limit. It's not a requirement. No one is stopping you from driving 65 around the US. So advocating for everyone else to have to abide by slower limits because that's what you want is completely asinine.

If you can't handle higher speed limits, perhaps it's time for you to get off the road.

guido4475

Not a Member
No.....just no. A speed limit is just that. A limit. It's not a requirement. No one is stopping you from driving 65 around the US. So advocating for everyone else to have to abide by slower limits because that's what you want is completely asinine.

If you can't handle higher speed limits, perhaps it's time for you to get off the road.

Twatwaffle, I never said I couldn't handle the higher speed limits. My van can run triple digit circles around most others out here without even breathing heavy. And I move right along, so to speak. I was simply sharing my thoughts. If you cant handle that, well, you know what you can do with yourself.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Btw at 55 mph you have the whole road to yourself. Did that last time diesel was $4.30 a gallon

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
Twatwaffle, I never said I couldn't handle the higher speed limits. My van can run triple digit circles around most others out here without even breathing heavy. And I move right along, so to speak. I was simply sharing my thoughts. If you cant handle that, well, you know what you can do with yourself.
Ahahhaahha, could have fooled me cupcake.
Really? Are you sure? Because from that comment, it sounds like you can't handle higher speeds. You know....."being suicidal" and what not.....

But don't get salty sweetie. I simply responded to your comment.....like you sharing your thoughts.

I don't have a problem with someone sharing thoughts......I have a problem with people advocating for something one way or another for everyone else, because it's how they think it should be....

Especially when they could just mind their own business and do their own thing.

guido4475

Not a Member
Ahahhaahha, could have fooled me cupcake.

Really? Are you sure? Because from that comment, it sounds like you can't handle higher speeds. You know....."being suicidal" and what not.....

But don't get salty sweetie. I simply responded to your comment.....like you sharing your thoughts.

I don't have a problem with someone sharing thoughts......I have a problem with people advocating for something one way or another for everyone else, because it's how they think it should be....

Especially when they could just mind their own business and do their own thing.

The "suicidal " word was meant in reference at how suicidal it would be to drive that fast on the so many roads that are littered with potholes.

Please dont call me sweetie. Im not a turd burglar like you. Thats not my thing.

Are you in a solo straight truck? Is the reason why you are so butt hurt over my comment is because a lower speed limit will reduce the amout of miles you can drive in you're government controlled weekday, thus reducing your income? Possibly? I feel for you guys. The stress has got to be unreal, especially in the terms of time that takes away from that clock ticking away.

Where did I say that "everyone" should do 65? Im flattered that you think that my opion matters, and will have a strong say so in the speed limit laws. Thank you.What would be your ideal and desired speed limit?

Enjoy your weekend!

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just my two cents ...

I drive 65 all the time as well.

1. Best performance for mpg also less wear & tear.
2. We don't get bonus money for delivering early.

You'll find me sputtering along in the right lane, while all the hot shots buzz by running faster transit times for less $

Reactions: Compa