Of Interest To Truck Camera Shoppers

ATeam

Retired Expediter

bruchar

Expert Expediter
This is the second post concerning your camera system. Are you on a commission sales pitch? Good grief. Just because something costs more doesn't mean it works any better than a less expensive, more practical system. Just my opinion.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
With alittle shopping, there are many inexpensive units available.
Alot of them are available through numerous RV dealers.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Commission? sure why not. It don't matter, Phil has a good camera system and we all need a good camera system.

Even though for a system like that it may cost as much as half the cost of my truck.

It seems to be a good system, nothing really special or unique and uses windows XP media edition which is ok, not the best but ok.

The positive thing is, it is a turn-key system. No playing around with this or that if something don't work.

I know of a system that they are now using on school buses, 6 cameras, wireless and very stable, Embedded Linux. Cool system almost like Phil's.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
>You have 8 cameras? Where are they located? Layoutshooter

Two in the box so we can keep an eye on the freight even if the load is sealed. One points front to rear. The other points rear to front.

One on the right mirror looks back down the side of the truck and further out. One on the left mirror does the same.

One backup camera. Points mostly straight down to show the area immediately behind the truck.

Three cameras in a dome mounted on the dash. Two view like our eyes do, straight ahead with peripheral views to the left and right. The third forward looking camera is magnified and captures license plate numbers of vehicles in front of the truck.

All camera inputs are recorded simultaniously and kept for five days before the digital recorder loops over previous content.

In answer to another question, no, I am not on commission. But I do like these guys and am very proud to see them making a positive contribution to the trucking industry and safety on the road for all drivers. The Washington program was effective. I know this from seeing a noticable difference in how people drive around trucks there. Kansas is taking it a step further with help from vendors I know. I shared the story because I want people to know about it and hopefully support the program. It is good for all drivers.