October 2019 Locations and more ..

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Speaking of - where is Broke Canadian?

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app
Apologies. How is everyone?

I think my last post was my drive to Saskatchewan. I don't think I wanted the timeline out in public. Safety first :p

Doing everything I've always wanted to do has simply taken all my time, so I've been off the forum.

Everyone I love is still here. Nothing drastic to report. Occasionally I get called for a delivery. That's it, you're all caught up :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The operation hit a snag this morning, just as it was entering a crackwh*re phase. I accepted a long run at under .70 because it was on the way back to PA. Arrived at the shipper at 1130 and was told the freight wouldn’t be ready until 1400. That would have made a tight run almost impossible, especially with the snowstorm in progress in the Plains. I advised dispatch and long story short, the freight flew and I got a tonu.

Nice day in Boise, though, but crap is it cold . Oh well, que sera sera

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
I've found sometimes things happen for a reason...at least the tonu will help with the layover...with a better offer to come..good luck...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bada Bing, Bada Booked - 1500# of shackles going to Duluth MN. Love a Monday that puts you well in the way to a good week. Last Tuesday it a swim in the warm Atlantic waters, wonder if we can swim in Duluth?

I didn't know the federal prison camp at Duluth used shackles. Well maybe to keep the inmate's golf bags attached to their caddies.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sitting down for pizza, and a Thunder Bay call. At least it's only halfway across Ontario (16 hours :oops:))

Very profitable day, already had $800 in locals...
Must be delivering to a paper mill, chipboard plant or the diesel locomotive shop.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've found sometimes things happen for a reason...at least the tonu will help with the layover...with a better offer to come..good luck...

The “reason”, so to speak, is probably the fact that it’s time for new treads. The tires are still legal, but before the flakes fly, Baby should have new boots . A nice run home would be a big help at the counter.

Boss suggested Salt Lake, so we came down last night. I’m a bit skeptical, tho; there’s a lot of capacity here for this market. I wonder if people are fleeing California ; this would be the logical place to go to get away from the Bay Area.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
The “reason”, so to speak, is probably the fact that it’s time for new treads. The tires are still legal, but before the flakes fly, Baby should have new boots . A nice run home would be a big help at the counter.

Boss suggested Salt Lake, so we came down last night. I’m a bit skeptical, tho; there’s a lot of capacity here for this market. I wonder if people are fleeing California ; this would be the logical place to go to get away from the Bay Area.

Boss = Nancy
Or Dispatch?

Couple trips to SLC have all resulted in So Cal loads.