October 2019 Locations and more ..

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
EO...... A forum for retired expediters.
Do I wish I was retired, yes - wait.....I forgot, I am retired. Well, even if I had serious money I can't imagine being totally retired.

Our Canadian friend from SD wakes up every morning, in Laredo, breaks out the rod and drops a hook. He's having fun on day 9 but will it still be fun day 79?

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Official Notice ::: 10/28/2019 10.45 am (e)
I have " Checked Out " of the Expedite Business.
Very Bittersweet having sign taking off and Qualcomm and Dash Cam removed.
Yes , I am Retiring .. early, will be 62 next June .

This has nothing to do LOAD 1.. I am very Grateful for what John Elliott and L-1 have done for me over the last 14 months.
After losing my Mother a year ago and my Father 2 months ago and also my Mother in Law 1 month ago it had sped up my retirement and need to relax and be home . My Grandson Ethan turned 4 last Tuesday and I am not missing him grow up .
Starting from June 2003 till now it has been an interesting experience. I will continue to "monitor " EO and poke my Stick in once in awhile..

Sent from my SM-G975U using EO Forums mobile app

Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Operation Pretty Woman is off to a good start. Got a well paying shortie from Portland to a Tyson plant near Walla Walla WA. After dropping, we’ve moved to Boise to try to land another run ♀️ . Goodnight for now; today started early and ends with the loss of an hour going from Pacific to Mountain time....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Retirement is like life...Its what you make it...How to fill the day?...Hobbies, fishing, hunting and so forth.. I think most of us in EO are the type that has always been focused on NEED paycheck...not a government check. its a mindset not having a paycheck come in anymore after 50 yrs or so of "need paycheck"! Losing JuJu this soon was NOT in the retirement plans...it was time for some quality porch sitting... :( Returning to Canada is in the planning stages....its my home i Have nothing here anymore...Northern Alberta is in the works..a couple hour drive from the Yukon and some great fishing with my sons and grandchildren!
BTW I don't have any urge to get back on the road...I am done. The highway is NOT calling me back! :)

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well done!
How many miles over 16 yrs? How many different vehicles? # of carriers? Furthest point north ... south? Some historical perspective would be nice ...
You guys need to create a throwback thread ....
Heres some rough numbers for ya....
2 vehicles .. 1 Dodge ram van 1998 model the old style with the 318....approx 500,000 mile 2000 to 2004 Income approx $250,000
then the 2005 Dodge sprinter 1.2 million miles....2005 till 2016 income approx $800,000
done all 48 states and 6 Canadian Provinces
Best trip was the Province of Newfoundland , the island out there!
weirdest load? transporting a pregnant Pygmy Boa snake and sleeping with the box on my tummy to keep it warm! LOL
4 carriers..Dynamex Canada...E-1 and L-1...and Crossroads with Murray and Sally

BTW Accident free! Deer count 2

Last edited:

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Retirement is like life...Its what you make it...How to fill the day?...Hobbies, fishing, hunting and so forth.. I think most of us in EO are the type that has always been focused on NEED paycheck...not a government check. its a mindset not having a paycheck come in anymore after 50 yrs or so of "need paycheck"! Losing JuJu this soon was NOT in the retirement plans...it was time for some quality porch sitting... :( Returning to Canada is in the planning stages....its my home i Have nothing here anymore...Northern Alberta is in the works..a couple hour drive from the Yukon and some great fishing with my sons and grandchildren!
BTW I don't have any urge to get back on the road...I am done. The highway is NOT calling me back! :)

If you ever decide to drive down here to south Florida, there is an rv park right down the road from me and I will treat you to a good meal.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Alberta sounds like Canada’s Wyoming

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Operation Pretty Woman is off to a good start. Got a well paying shortie from Portland to a Tyson plant near Walla Walla WA. After dropping, we’ve moved to Boise to try to land another run ♀️ . Goodnight for now; today started early and ends with the loss of an hour going from Pacific to Mountain time....

The operation hit a snag this morning, just as it was entering a crackwh*re phase. I accepted a long run at under .70 because it was on the way back to PA. Arrived at the shipper at 1130 and was told the freight wouldn’t be ready until 1400. That would have made a tight run almost impossible, especially with the snowstorm in progress in the Plains. I advised dispatch and long story short, the freight flew and I got a tonu.

Nice day in Boise, though, but crap is it cold . Oh well, que sera sera