Nuvi 465T

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
While GPS users know that the units can be stupid once in a while, my 465 earned a "most stupid thing ever" award this past Saturday. Going through Detroit southbound on 75, it wanted me to exit on Clark Street, and then get right back on 75. I'm not making this up!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Mine has suggested the same thing on a few ocassions but presuming that's what it wanted I ignored it. Now that I'm going into the van I may follow it once when I'm in an area I know just to see exactly how stupid it's going to be.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Dear GPS :

I Did Not ... DID NOT !!

do 167 Mph last night with my truck .

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
My best was 183 MPH, and I did it while motionless at the Flying J in Franklin, KY.

That was a kewl day.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Well, here I was getting all excited at the prospect of the 465T, now it seems my 200W is fine. I do need a new cord for it though it loses power on bumps, very annoying. It seems no one carries the cords for it, tried Wal-mart, Meijer etc haven't tried Radio Shack or Best buy yet. Any ideas?
Also, does the 465 have spoken street names and lane assist and traffic? I think those are the feature I want in my next GPS

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Anyone have the new Cobra 7700 Pro GPS?
Another truck specific GPS powered by pro miles, it also has POI for truckers. Kinda pricey at $580 but it has a 7 inch screen

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Also, does the 465 have spoken street names and lane assist and traffic?

I should have answered this sooner Dakota, sorry. Yes, it has those things, but the speaker quality is very poor. If you're on a surface street @ 35mph, you'll be able to understand it, probably. But, at xway speeds, forget about it.

comet_4298

Seasoned Expediter
I see Goodyear has one for trucks and I think I seen it has a 3 watt speaker........but I can't seem to find no reviews yet.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
From time to time my 465 has to remind me just how utterly retarded it is. My delivery was on the corner of Killam and Lamar in Laredo. It wanted me to go east on the Bullock to 59, turn around there and go back past 35 to the delivery. Really?!? I must have a defective unit.

Wolfie62

Seasoned Expediter
I just purchased the Rand McNally unit. It is VERY IMPRESSIVE, I must admit. But, you must update the software with an internet connection before use. As I found out, when using out of the box, it has a few bugs: 75 miles from your next turn, it will be telling you that you need to turn in 200 feet...... and again later it will do the same 30 miles from your real turn. Does get you ready, though! These bugs were fixed after downloading 27 updates. After that, I really-really like it!! It has a load and clear voice system, it automatically zooms in on the details of your turn, and even shows and tells you which side of the street your destination is to be found. And yes, it tells you where the nearest Wal-Mart store or SuperCenter is, and gives you unmistakable warnings for the upcoming state line or weight station, which you can control (mine is set for 5 miles). Of course, it lets you input all the parameters for your truck. It has a cute little straight truck to show your location.

The screen is plenty big.

Anyone else have experience with it?