Now casting nationwide: Trucking couples!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Be sure you get good compensation, residuals, etc. in the deal. You might not become millionaires like the Pawn Stars guys but who knows.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Linda, I don't doubt anything you say, at all. I trust what you say. I hope it turns out as they say it will.

Television does not have a good track record for portraying much of anything how it is. I have seen far too many shows/stories etc that were, shall we say, less than accurate. It is my belief that the "reality" of the show will likely be different than what is being put out to you. I don't have any reason to trust those people.

I hope I am wrong. Just be careful.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Joe,you spent your life in the NSA. You are programmed not to trust people.

WHO do you trust ?

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Ok, I'm confused.

If I get on the Rolling Strong challenge and lose ten pounds in January, and then film Truckers In Love, where the TV adds ten pounds, aren't I back to square one ?

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Dont know but i hope they do the show more like how the weather channel does "highway thru hell" which is about big rig tow truck crews.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
It could be interesting.
Our lifestyle give us interesting loads.
And the opportunities to see and do things that others can only dream of.
A few loads a year are real adventures. The people you meet can be interesting, comical, or scary.
Just wondering would it be Bob or Linda screaming "we're going to be late" and "we'll never make it" as they roll in 2 minutes early ?
My money is on Linda.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
You guys are funny...

We are not TV fans and I know there are many more couples out there that would do a much better job at this then we could which is why I threw this out there... Many of you have fascinating backgrounds and reasons why you got into trucking. They could do a very long series on drivers of what they did before they became Expediters... I know of several that amaze me with the best being the couple who lived on yachts sailing the world before they became expediters!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Joe,you spent your life in the NSA. You are programmed not to trust people.

WHO do you trust ?

I was not "programmed" to not trust. I learned that, the hard way. NSA had nothing to do with it. I trust many people.

Reality TV shows are made to make money. That requires good ratings. They will do whatever they need to insure ratings high enough to sell enough advertising to pay the bills and make a profit. Period.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was not "programmed" to not trust. I learned that, the hard way. NSA had nothing to do with it. I trust many people.

Reality TV shows are made to make money. That requires good ratings. They will do whatever they need to insure ratings high enough to sell enough advertising to pay the bills and make a profit. Period.

Like we all do what we need to have a profital business. Its what makes the world go round.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Like we all do what we need to have a profital business. Its what makes the world go round.

I have no problem with it. Just so everyone knows the rules. I have done some TV, 3 shows. Cabela's, Gander Mountain and Drakes Migration Nation. They were not the same type of show. They were there to sell sporting goods. We did not have to concern ourselves with "drama" to sell the show. Those reality show NEED to do something since most of what they show would be more boring than watching paint dry if it were not "spiced up".

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Just 1 Q.
Do we solo drivers have a case for discrimination? Why are we being left out? (OK thats 2 Qs)

For a really interesting road trip they should follow some of these single folks out here.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just 1 Q.
Do we solo drivers have a case for discrimination? Why are we being left out? (OK thats 2 Qs)

For a really interesting road trip they should follow some of these single folks out here.

If you are in love with yourself like some here does that count as a couple?