Now casting nationwide: Trucking couples!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I have been in communication with these guys and I believe they are wanting to portray us as professionals. So far I have been very impressed with talking to them and who knows where this will go as they are just starting there fact finding mission. So far everything sounds very positive and really like a lot of fun!

If you have any questions email me with questions or just apply!

NOW CASTING NATIONWIDE: TRUCKING COUPLES!

Do you work together to make sure your load arrives on time and in one piece? Do the challenges on the open road test the strength of your relationship? Are you one of those lucky truckers who gets to spend hours on the open road with the person you love?

A major cable network and major production company are searching for trucking couples for a new documentary television show that follows them as they navigate the road and their relationship. Most people enjoy road trips, but the challenges facing truck drivers can put a strain on anyone - especially when your significant other is along for the ride!

We are searching for all types of couples (married or dating; young or old; all ethnicities / sexual orientations) who will show us the reality of life when partnered on the great American road! No matter how long you've been together, as long as you're with your significant other and on the road, we want to hear from you!

Please submit the following to [email protected]
1. Name
2. Contact Info (Phone and Email)
3. Home Location
4. Recent photos of you and your partner
5. A brief paragraph describing yourself, your partner and life on the road (routes driven, time spent away from home, common challenges, etc.)

**Once you submit your information, a casting producer may contact you with more information (production company, casting process, etc.)**

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the casting producer:
Cherish Hamutoff
O: 310-432-0371

paullud

Veteran Expediter
My told me last week she would get her class A, now I have a goal. I want to be a famous big fat trucker.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I did mention we do not have TV and that did not seem to be a problem.

They are still trying to figure out if there is an interesting story in trucking without over dramatizing anything. As Expediters we as far as I am concerned have it all! We are able to have a life while still seeing the country.

After talking with Hilary I think she was in agreement. Other drivers she had talked with drive basically 12 hours and sleep 12 hours and then repeat.

We are able to not only drive the hours we are also able to socialize and see the sites!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I hope they do a good job on this but I am leery about anything that is TV these days. They don't have the best track record to say the least. Be careful.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
At Roadway, we had some fights.
Guys rolling on the asphalt looking like hugh school wrestling.
Another punching a guy in the face as he drove down the Interstate.
Imagine taking two out of the Soapbox here and sticking them in the smallest, crappiest truck and tell them to run hard for a week.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Imagine taking two out of the Soapbox here and sticking them in the smallest, crappiest truck and tell them to run hard for a week.

Why would that be a problem? The "Soapbox" is for killing time when not working. Run hard, make money, no problems. :cool:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Could YOU spend a week in a cramped truck with everybody that is on the Soapbox ?
Could they all be with you w/o getting physical ?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Could YOU spend a week in a cramped truck with everybody that is on the Soapbox ?
Could they all be with you w/o getting physical ?

Depends on who. Most who drive for a living would not be that bad. Besides, even those who disagree with me, who have met me, know I don't carry on in person as I do when killing time in the GAGA land known as cyberspace. :p

I have spent far more time than that, in VERY cramped spaces, with people I could not stand, no one died or got hit. That is the difference between a child and an adult. It's called self control. :cool:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

It wouldn't be boring! And boring is, in any media, the kiss of death.
I trust Linder Caffee's instincts, so I'd say it could be a good thing, like Ice Road Truckers. They showed the reality, mostly: neither too grubby nor glamorous, it was pretty honest, for a 'reality' show.
I wouldn't get a tv to watch it, but I'd probably look for it during my breaks for indoor plumbing & cable tv. :D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It wouldn't be boring! And boring is, in any media, the kiss of death.
I trust Linder Caffee's instincts, so I'd say it could be a good thing, like Ice Road Truckers. They showed the reality, mostly: neither too grubby nor glamorous, it was pretty honest, for a 'reality' show.
I wouldn't get a tv to watch it, but I'd probably look for it during my breaks for indoor plumbing & cable tv. :D

Ice road truckers? Why?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Why what? I said it could be a good thing, like Ice Road Truckers, as in mostly honest. Not making truckers look wild [That WV show] or tacky [Honey BooBoo] or both [Jersey Shore].
I don't see a question....

It's as fake as Duck Dynasty is, at least in my opinion.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Almost all 'reality' shows are inherently fake, to some degree, because they are edited, rather than shown in real time. [That would be boring!] What is left out [or scripted] can change what actually happened to something that looks very different - but Linder said the producers would like to portray teams as professionals.
No offense, but I think she knows more about it, and as I said before, I trust her judgement. If you choose to prejudge and dismiss it as fake, or boring, that's your prerogative.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Almost all 'reality' shows are inherently fake, to some degree, because they are edited, rather than shown in real time. [That would be boring!] What is left out [or scripted] can change what actually happened to something that looks very different - but Linder said the producers would like to portray teams as professionals.
No offense, but I think she knows more about it, and as I said before, I trust her judgement. If you choose to prejudge and dismiss it as fake, or boring, that's your prerogative.

I am not doubting Linda at all. I don't trust the producers. The track record for those shows is not good. They talk a good game when planning then it's same ole, same ole, when they shoot them.

I hope they stick with the reality, it would be a nice change. I would watch it just to see Bob and Linda, that would be cool. Other than that, I live it every day, no need to watch it.

This is a VERY boring business, I cannot imagine how they can make it interesting.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Joe did you call and talk with the producers? Before knocking it find out the facts.

I also was very skeptical and so researched it a little more after talking to people who had talked with the people involved. Then I made the first step, no papers have been signed and all the first stage is talking and learning.

As anyone can imagine they have a lot to learn about trucking and it was more portrayed to me like a documentary then a series. The idea is to show the person behind the wheel and there life while away from home.

Hilary was most interested in the "romantic side' which was seeing the country with your spouse, seeing the sites, social aspects of truck stops ( the good parts, meeting other drivers that we know or meeting new people), how we plan routes, how we decide loads to accept, what we do on down time. Other drivers she had talked to basically drove 12 and slept 12 and did it again they are more wanting exactly what expediters do.... Enjoy our jobs, enjoy each other, and enjoy life on the road, and see the country.

She mentioned many times that they are still in the initial phase of seeing what drivers they can work with and they want several couples, if they can even follow the drivers as they cross the country, if they can be with them when they site see, so they do not actually even have much of an idea of how all of this work. They right now are still learning we have many many many rules we have to follow we are not like that other show I have heard about on TV... where they haul illegal loads.

I have only talked to one person and she was fascinated by the rules we follow, the way we cannot sit up front and chat while seeing the road, to learn we have very full lives and are involved with a lot of activities. We are not what most of the people think we are.