November Locations

milpig

Expert Expediter
So I stopped in san Antonio to check on my property and get lunch at Rudy's. Now I am waiting on the police. Someone got my laptop and all my paperwork. Thankfully did not break the glass. Just some slim Jim marks on the door.

Update: laptop, 2 GPS, and a box of sugar.
I kinda get why a scumbag would take the GPS's and laptop. Why on earth did they have to mess with my coffee sugar though? That Polly ****es me off the most.

Last edited:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
@ home till tuesday wating for my van to get done ...getting new jasper trans put in... orginal made it to 335,000 not bad for a 4.8l chevy.....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Letz wrote:

deleted for language.

LOL !!! Nah the "Cheesecake was Suckin up!! Thank is just that, Thanks....:D

Last edited by a moderator:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Stopped in Tularosa NM on US 54....2 yrs ago I went through here and found a little place that dries chili peppers. I bought a 1 lb bag of chili powder and 2 dried chili pepper wreaths for my oldest daughter who had just bought her 1st home.

Well a few of her friends asked her about it and where it came from. So i stopped and bought 4 of them and also 3 12" chili ristra's... Christmas is getting close!!

If you find yourselves out this way, they really are very nice...

So now its on to US 40 and Tucumcari NM and old Rt 66..

Dosen't get much better then a long weekend run, taking you across old Rt 66 , listen'n to "Cousin Brucie" on XM 60's on a Saturday night...lol, I might even stop for the night a watch "Cars" on the DVD player!!!:D

It sure is pretty out here.....We live in a beautiful country...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Federal Mogul? or Bosch?
Bosch ..... seems like that place could be a real circus at times .... fortunately I didn't have to wait too long ..... :rolleyes: (only an hour forty-five for a single pallet weighing 200 lbs)

At the TA in New Braunfels, TX for the night .... head down to Laredo in the morning

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Santa teresa NM to Taylor mich..35 mile dh 1723 mile LH....3359 lh miles...97 dh miles...
Ahhh .... errr ..... what was the mileage from Odessa to El Paso .... about 285 or so ?

Looks like Wallstreet accounting to me ...... :rolleyes:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
yea taken an empty move is part of the game, like ranning empty from Houston to Laredo on a Labor day week end....oh and here, we get $50 a day lay over (up to 2 days), and when they move you, $.50 a mile....i don't figure that in....just loaded miles and DH miles to PU the load.....:D Even fuzzier math now ain't it.... :D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
LOL!! Come on OVM, we are getting close to "Braggin" again....:D

Oh, at was only 246 miles Odessa to El Paso...from where i left to where I parked....so figure the layover and empty move pay in and it is ....ahhh...still over a buck a mile all miles...:D

one other thing to, at Load 1 when it comes to paying layover, detenion time, empty moves, and even the % of pay on loads, they look at each situation on its own merits and figure their responcibility to the O/O...each situation is different...I'll just leave it at that .....:D

And lke i said in another thread, when was the last time most here got a e-mail or PM from the CEO of the company telling them he personally is sorry for you having to wait more then 24 hrs and him taking the responcibility for that and not blaming slow freight, just him putting himself out to make sure you know he is aware of whats going on and is concern and will work to get it fixed....

There is nothing ordinary about how John Elliott and those at Load 1 do business and i can tell you those that are here appreciate it... Thanks John and Load 1......:D

Last edited:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
*bragging*?? I was just stating facts...some have a problem with that? my goodness testosterone levels must be off the chart...;)

No testosterone.....sounds like bragging to me. Again and again..........That's great.....to a point. Sliced bread is already here guys... :eek:

AutonomyRex

Seasoned Expediter
At the yard killing some time, just finished up washing the truck and stocked up for a late Sunday p/u in Farmington Hills, MI to Columbia, South Carolina.

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
this company keeps me amazed!allentown pa to montgomery al thats a 950 miler on a sunday night pick up!!:D-all yeah everywhere i go it is lightning i hope it keeps up;)

Last edited:

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Shanghai in Sac CA

After deliverving aload last Thur and then doing a -75 friday AM I feel like Im shanghai in CA.

I will not cime back to CA drivng this Tractor Trailer.

East Coast Or Bust

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
this company keeps me amazed!allentown pa to montgomery al thats a 950 miler on a sunday night pick up!!:D-all yeah everywhere i go it is lightning i hope it keeps up;)

You keep this running up and you;ll need a name change..*L*

Underdognomore777...;)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looks like you gave up on the southern route. Where is Highway Star coming from?

Well the snow hit pretty hard from S. City to Minni...in a nice line so would make no difference...and Minni is far shorter DH for me...straight across 12 up 25 thru Buffalo is my preferred route....thru Monticello and unto Rogers eventually...I can't recall where Star came from but said Friday he was delivering in West Fargo....I'll assume and that can be risky if not gotten a load, he'll DH to Rogers as well.....most do...