November Locations - What's your 20?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
so next time dispatch shorts you on your protect time and should you get stopped....you can show the officer your QC and point out the time scheduled...LOL..you can hang one violation right on the carrier!
392.6 Scheduling run to necessitate speedingSpeeding Related 5

that would apply to a log book audit and the DOT says your speed is too fast...hang your carrier out as well....dispatchers should really be more attentive to details...

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Drive under the speed limit and you won't get pulled over. Keep legal logs and there will never be a problem with them. I don't know about your carrier but we never get gigged for time if we are legal and did not waste time.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Drive under the speed limit and you won't get pulled over. Keep legal logs and there will never be a problem with them. I don't know about your carrier but we never get gigged for time if we are legal and did not waste time.

Most other carriers are not as anal about time and are very sloppy about it...sometimes dispatch seems to write any old thing down...LOL I can always tell a Fedex load....exact minute schedule like 23:47 arrival....no one that I know of does that exact....LOL

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Most other carriers are not as anal about time and are very sloppy about it...sometimes dispatch seems to write any old thing down...LOL I can always tell a Fedex load....exact minute schedule like 23:47 arrival....no one that I know of does that exact....LOL

Yeah, it is kinda funny, that it the program they use. Those times mean very little. In most cases we can beat them by several hours or days. It has become a bit of an issue since the 1/2 break rule, they don't seem to have that figured out well yet. It will be fixed.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
If I leave a shipper late I REFUSE to speed and make up for it....ya call dispatch and ask for an adjustment and they whimp out because of the work involved and the line is....."do your best" "We'll keep on eye on you and see how you are making out"....It is like hey gang IAM going to be late...deal with it...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
carriers should have a disclaimer...."all times are approximate and subject to change"...L

I would have thought that was the case. All times are based on being able to maintain a certain speed. If, for any reason other than driver screw ups, that speed cannot be maintained the pick up/delivery times must be altered to meet the reality.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
When Roadway converted to a big sleeper operation in '95 they supposedly spent like a million dollars to have a company that does airline scheduling work up our schedules.
Every Sunday I departed Chicago to Denver, D&H, Grand Jct, D&H Triples,Las Vegas, drop third trl, and Adelanto,Ca.
We were scheduled out at 11:12.
This cracked me up. We would kill 3 hrs at Nevada Landing and still arrive early.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would have thought that was the case. All times are based on being able to maintain a certain speed. If, for any reason other than driver screw ups, that speed cannot be maintained the pick up/delivery times must be altered to meet the reality.

Nope....if you went to another carrier you'd find out real quick....2 Can carriers and 2 US carriers all have pretty much dispatched the same....sloppy when it comes to the times...us O/O's deal with it as normal operating procedures....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nope....if you went to another carrier you'd find out real quick....2 Can carriers and 2 US carriers all have pretty much dispatched the same....sloppy when it comes to the times...

Then they can stick in their ear for all I care. The day that time becomes more important than safety or reality is the day I quit. I would tell them to kiss my royal butt.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Then they can stick in their ear for all I care. The day that time becomes more important than safety or reality is the day I quit. I would tell them to kiss my royal butt.

The unsaid thing is......We of experience just ignore the time issue and carry on in a safe manner and let dispatch deal with it....they either do it sooner or they will be doing it later...its in their ball park...

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
so next time dispatch shorts you on your protect time and should you get stopped....you can show the officer your QC and point out the time scheduled...LOL..you can hang one violation right on the carrier!
392.6 Scheduling run to necessitate speedingSpeeding Related 5

that would apply to a log book audit and the DOT says your speed is too fast...hang your carrier out as well....dispatchers should really be more attentive to details...

I heard a GOOD/BAD one last night, that's related. But it's not for public forum. I don't want to get "fired". I'll text you.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
yeah...grass cutters really enjoy it....lol

I don't know about where you live but around here, for the most part, those who provide lawn service also do snow plowing. We have the same service for both at our house. That is the norm here. They LOVE it when it snows. Fills in what would other wise be several months without much income.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know about where you live but around here, for the most part, those who provide lawn service also do snow plowing. We have the same service for both at our house. That is the norm here. They LOVE it when it snows. Fills in what would other wise be several months without much income.

not much lawn in northwest SD just a waste of good grazing land.....L