Times get tough and loads decrease
they can't pull loads out of their knees
New folks both in and out
make mistakes without a doubt

I don't have the answers
and that's the truth
But before this turns to dust
Remember guys....Trust is a Must!

Load 1 and John are still in their infancy as far as expedite goes and yep...we might have a few growing pains. But collectively This company and John are the best we've ever worked with so my advice is either to give yourself an attitude adjustment or take your toy truck and go home. And for those of you who haven't figured it out yet, John WILL work with you to handle your complaints and it's unfair to him to air our dirty laundry in public! I deeply admire and trust him!

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
With bleary eyes I read this page
seeing the frustration and rage
what some seem to forget
is the lifestyle isn't for all

Times get tough and loads decrease
they can't pull loads out of their knees
New folks both in and out
make mistakes without a doubt

I don't have the answers
and that's the truth
But before this turns to dust
Remember guys....Trust is a Must!

Load 1 and John are still in their infancy as far as expedite goes and yep...we might have a few growing pains. But collectively This company and John are the best we've ever worked with so my advice is either to give yourself an attitude adjustment or take your toy truck and go home. And for those of you who haven't figured it out yet, John WILL work with you to handle your complaints and it's unfair to him to air our dirty laundry in public! I deeply admire and trust him!

Couldn't have said it better if I tried!

Well Done!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

rfields200

Seasoned Expediter
My trust has run out I'm afraid.

11/4/11 msg #608269 sent a msg to pls move me east. Need to be in Baltimore by the 14th.
Read by LStunson

11/4/11 msg #608273 sent by LStunson. 10-4 I have received your msg.

Never got put in the notes, got a load offer tonight after sitting here a day and a half going to Belvidere. The opposite direction. Something needs to change. Perhaps they just don't take us serious anymore.

Out if service until March.

Call me if something changes!

Take care Ken. I'll be in touch.

Wow, out of service til March. Sure takes you a long time to cool down. At least you won't have to drive in the snow.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It is hard for some straight truck drivers to convert to a van....it is learning all over again.....vanning is tougher then some give credit for.....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Well It's been a long night and i guess i missed the fireworks!! Golfour, sorry to hear about your mess and I can appreciate it...personally I have seen a bit of a change upstairs, but for me it appears to be with the new people and one old one, but the group as a whole are bustin their tail to get it done and done right from my point of view...

Yea alot of us reaped a bunch of good will and praise on our dispatch crew, and they are good and I believe some of the best in the business..but when things slow down, everyone takes a bit of hit....its business...but when it affects you personally, it is always worse then it is for the next guy....

I'd hate to see you jump ship as I think you know that this really is the place to be and you are here to work as hard as anyone and when the goin is good, you will make it happen along with the crew upstairs....

Take the time and enjoy kicking back, look at things from a distance and stay in touch...we'll be here and yea, I know for sure I won't be eatin any "yellow snow"....Oh, and enjoy a drink or 3 for me too!!! :D

Now for m busy night, Caren call just before:D she went home...PU 10 miles from where i was in Rocky Mount NC and deliver straight thru to Elk Grove Village Ill....14.5 hrs drive time later and 2 hours of nap time in between PU & Delivery, OOS and headin somewhere to get some sleep....then since i am #4 inline, when I get up, I'll check again and see what the situation is again...My wedding anniversary is sat...so if I am not #1 in line, I'll be DH'n home to see my bride and enjoy the weekend with her.....

Again, Golfour, think about the new hires upstairs and the "growing pains"...then combine them with a bit of a turn back in freight...Like I said, kick back and enjoy and I hope to see you back soon....

juju wrote:

And for those of you who haven't figured it out yet, John WILL work with you to handle your complaints and it's unfair to him to air our dirty laundry in public! I deeply admire and trust him!

I am guilty of the "airing" once a while back....that will not happen again on my part....I got 4 calls for the powers that be including from John when i acted like a yahoo and whined (not saying that anone that as concerns is a whiner or a yahoo, just that in my case , I was) and while I didn't agree with what happen or why, they all went out of their wa to explain their point...and thats all that can be expected, at least in my situation....

Last edited:

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Got a shorty inner Tennessee run, but it pays really good. Thanks Pam. By the time we drop around 16:30, we will still have time for Joe, Frankie and the evening boys to find us another load.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Just got home. Weather is ok in Baltimore. Hit some pretty good snow in the upper elevations of PA.

Perhaps some have misinterpreted what I said or I didn't make myself clear. Load count and money is not the issue of those that have contacted me nor is it my issue.

Trust and respect is a two way street. I'll not get into specifics with any of you. I was told stuff in confidence, that's where it will stay.
I never said the company was a bad company because it is not. There are issues that myself and others are concerned about and that's it.
Like I said, if you haven't been affected, then you don't know what's going on.

Right now the only 2 decisions I need to make is can I get 3 weeks of work and planning done in ten days on the boat for my wife and I to take her to Georgetown Bahamas for the winter and Christmas holidays to join hundreds of other cruisers and friends.

The other question is do I want to sip on some 35 year old scotch or drink cold cold beer!

You all be safe and have fun.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Hey, I hated them growning up, but i imagine if you sip that scotch and take your time and chase it with that beer, it would still be considered a "Boiler Maker"...but with good Scotch instead of cheap whiskey....:D Enjoy them both and enjoy your trip....:)

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Don't know yet if we're going the trip. Takes a lot of planning. Normally for this trip, which we have done several times in our sailboat, one would leave in mid October after the Annapolis boat show.

The boat needs to be hauled, bottom antifouling paint stripped and repainted for saltwater, systems electrical and mechanical have to be gone thru, charts both paper and electronics updated, shot records for customs updated, provisions purchased and stowed. Trying to stow on average 20 to 30 cases of beer along with food is no easy task.

It's about 1200 miles to Lake Worth, Fl which is one of the preference jumping off points to the Bahamas. While only 60 miles to Bimini, the gulf stream as it gets late in the year could hold up a crossing due to more northerly storms in which case crossing the gulf stream with northerly winds is a big no no.

Ideally one needs to be in St. Mary GA. by thanksgiving. Poised to cross into FL at the end of hurricane season due to insurance restrictions.

Then there is next week. 2 doctors appointments and get the van in to the adjuster from the bambie hit to get it fixed.

As you can see, it is real tight and very weather dependent.

I'll keep you all posted.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Hey, I hated them growning up, but i imagine if you sip that scotch and take your time and chase it with that beer, it would still be considered a "Boiler Maker"...but with good Scotch instead of cheap whiskey....:D Enjoy them both and enjoy your trip....:)

Good scotch is best enjoyed by itself. But, nothing like a couple of Boiler Makers to warm old bones. I'm sure I could find some whiskey in one of the bars on the boat.;)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Stopped for the night at the Marion Ohio Walmart...been awhile since I've been here...back in the E-1 days I was thinking I'd have to pay rent.....Whirlpool really owns this town....want to be in Haw River by tomorrow night...