November 2014 where ya at's

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sounds like a nice chain of events there, minus the wheel bearings. Hope the Uship was profitable.

The good thing there Hawk is, it probably got him his fuel paid out of a very bad CV area into a better one....most guys do that DH down I5 on their own dime.....better it be someone elses

myvan010

Seasoned Expediter
The good thing there Hawk is, it probably got him his fuel paid out of a very bad CV area into a better one....most guys do that DH down I5 on their own dime.....better it be someone elses

Thats exactly what the USHIP load did,,,Paid for my fuel to el paso...I did make a couple of bucks off of it,Got to buy myself a couple burgers,,,lol

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Be careful in SE Michigan today. There are going to be heavy winds. They are predicting SW winds sustained at 35MPH with gusts as high as 60. That will be cross winds on I75 and the southern parts of US23.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Be careful in SE Michigan today. There are going to be heavy winds. They are predicting SW winds sustained at 35MPH with gusts as high as 60. That will be cross winds on I75 and the southern parts of US23.

Kentucky and much of Tennessee had strong winds on my way down near Atlanta, I don't know the mph but 60mph gusts ain't no joke.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

Better it be a realistic rate, and not chump change... or nothing. Say no to cheap freight.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've always wanted to go to Tip-Up-Town. Maybe some day.

Houghton Lake Area Tourism Bureau

Tip-Up-Town is fun but there is FAR better ice fishing to be had closer to this area. The "event" on Houghton Lake is a "tourist" thing, the fishing on that lake is not nearly as good as it once was years ago. Invasive plants, primarily Eurasian milfoil, did a number on the lake. The State did a lot to kill them off but it is going to take years for the native vegetation to return, and the fishing will be spotty until the lake recovers.

They are STILL trying to control the weed and the argument is whether or not to do entire lake treatment or "spot" treatment. Ecologically speaking, the opening of the Welland Canal and the St. Lawrence Seaway has been a disaster on the Great Lakes and Michigan in particular. As long as the Lakes are open to ocean going vessels the damage will continue. It is unlikely that anything will ever be done. We will be fighting a never ending battle in an attempt to keep the area healthy.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Tip-Up-Town is fun but there is FAR better ice fishing to be had closer to this area. The "event" on Houghton Lake is a "tourist" thing, the fishing on that lake is not nearly as good as it once was years ago. Invasive plants, primarily Eurasian milfoil, did a number on the lake. The State did a lot to kill them off but it is going to take years for the native vegetation to return, and the fishing will be spotty until the lake recovers.

They are STILL trying to control the weed and the argument is whether or not to do entire lake treatment or "spot" treatment. Ecologically speaking, the opening of the Welland Canal and the St. Lawrence Seaway has been a disaster on the Great Lakes and Michigan in particular. As long as the Lakes are open to ocean going vessels the damage will continue. It is unlikely that anything will ever be done. We will be fighting a never ending battle in an attempt to keep the area healthy.

As you know I am from the mid south, so ice fishing isn't really a thing here. May I be so lucky as to me informed on its appeal?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
10635730_10152775011149394_2976172589871355665_n.jpg

I will get a load one of these days......LOL

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter

Just because you retired does not mean you can become the doomsayer:D
Actually we're going to need that wind to dry the roads up. it's going to get ugly once that temperature drops.

Last edited: