No Rinse Soap

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
Last week, with nothing else to do, I went to the hospital and had them remove my right kidney. Some where along the line here come the "Bath Ladies". They had some stuff called "Septi Soft Concentrate No Rinse Soap". It is in a bottle that they mix with hot water. You can wash it on and no rinse is needed. They also had a shower cap thingie with soap in it. Put it on, rub it around, and your hair comes our clean with no rinse needed. They said it could be bought at the hospital supply store. The place were you go to rent canes, crutches, etc. I have used baby wipes, but my hair was never completely clean. This stuff works. Thought you guys might be interested.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Nothing else to do? :eek: Thanks for the tip but dang you didn't have to go to THAT extreme! Hope all is well after your surgery!:)

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Personally I think you could have found a easier way to discover the uses of no rinse soap, that just seems a little extreme. Sure glad you are all right and you have kept your sense of humor!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Not that anyone could doubt Theoldprof's word, but I can back him up: the sense of humor does not reside in the right kidney, (I lost mine, too, a few years back), and the SeptiSoft stuff really works! We always used it in the hospital, soaking washcloths in it, nuking them in a plastic bag, and voila! A bath in a bag (which I could never seem to say right, it always came out as a bag in a bath, for some reason) :D
Get well quick, Prof, we've missed you!

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for everybody's concern. My living will states that if a peanut butter and jelly sandwitch is put in front of me and I can't eat it, then pull the plugs. I'll add to that when my sense of humor dies, I am legally dead.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Man, you really need to find a different hobby. Kidding aside, it's good to hear you are doing ok and still have your sense of humor. Here's hoping you choose to share it with us for many many years to come.

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
Actually, I do have a new hobby. It's called going to the doctor like most geezers. Keep in mind that I go to the doc every six months like you're supposed to. Dentist, eye doctor, etc. Nov last I had a knee replacement. I vomited for over a month. Family doc sez he didn't like that. Had pictures taken of my brain. Spot on brain. Will follow up with more pics in a couple months. Doc says I have had a stroke. Again family doc doesn't like sound of my ticker. Go to cardiologist. Take pictures, more tests, etc. Heart blockage and heart enlarged. Doc says tests indicate I have had a heart attack at some time. Heart is enlarged and working at 30 percent. Didn't know about stroke or heart attack. News to me. It gets better. Have been monitoring a cyst on left kidney for about ten years. It's a cyst. Don't worry about it, but monitor it. This year they found malignant mass on my right kidney. Then I have the right kidney removed. Heart must be better, as I am still here after surgery. Kidney is working to support the work of two kidneys. You'll be glad the new knee is doing well, though.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well, you really HAVE had your hands full, so to speak. Glad to hear the knee is good, and the remaining kidney should be, too - one kidney can easily do all that's needed. Take care of your heart, though, cause unlike knees & kidneys, you only get the one. Hope it all gets better :) very soon.