no love from the tractor trailer

spongebox

Active Expediter
Why is it that most of the tractor trailer operators refuse to acknowledge us I drive a str8 truck live in my truck , fill out log books buy the same fuel as them but get treated on the road and even in truck stops get the cold sholded, does any other expeditor experience this??????

MissKat

Expert Expediter
No. I'm a tractor expeditor. Straight truck 2 years. They are jealous you can park anywhere.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
It's a pure ego thing. Some think if your truck doesn't "bend in the middle" it's not a truck. Since everyone is throwing around Politically Correct words these days -I'll create one right now called:

expediterism - a belief that differences among the various truck owners and their truck sizes determine individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own truck size is superior and has the right to disrespect other truck operators.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
It's a pure ego thing. Some think if your truck doesn't "bend in the middle" it's not a truck. Since everyone is throwing around Politically Correct words these days -I'll create one right now called:

expediterism - a belief that differences among the various truck owners and their truck sizes determine individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own truck size is superior and has the right to disrespect other truck operators.

FYI - I say this tongue in cheek.... :)

paullud

Veteran Expediter
It could just be your point of view, you may think that you are getting treated worse but it is the way they treat everyone.

MissKat

Expert Expediter
Ps. If you park in the back, make sure the nose of your straight truck is in line with other noses. Please. Once you are hit you will understand why. We had the drivers side taken out in a pilot Christmas Eve because I had parked about three feet back because I could in a straight truck.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Why is it that most of the tractor trailer operators refuse to acknowledge us I drive a str8 truck live in my truck , fill out log books buy the same fuel as them but get treated on the road and even in truck stops get the cold sholded, does any other expeditor experience this??????

Diane and I do not experience this. People are people whatever kind of truck they drive. Some are warm, others are cold. And depending on one's mood, the same person in the same truck can be warm or cold. Next time a big rig cuts you off on the road, watch him for a while. You will likely find that he cuts everybody off.

Eastex

Seasoned Expediter

Why would you care? You're out to make money, not friends. It's a business, not a social club. Just my humble opinion.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
I think some of them do it because some straight truck drivers have no real training. I know some tractor trailers do not either, lol, but there are straight truck drivers who just got a cdl b real quick and don't have the first clue about driving professionally. I think that a tractor trailer definitely has more work to do than a straight truck and it does take more skill than driving a straight truck. I think if some straight trucks were more considerate and parked in spots that were obviously hard for a tractor trailer to get and used some more professional driving attitudes we would get more respect. You can't think it takes the same skill sets to drive a Hino with a 22 foot box versus a fully loaded tractor trailer can you? There are unprofessional, unskilled drivers in every class and I think we should all work together but unfortunately that probably won't ever happen. I think sometimes they just get irritated at our ease of getting in spots, getting loaded or unloaded quicker while they are sitting and waiting, etc...

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ps. If you park in the back, make sure the nose of your straight truck is in line with other noses. Please. Once you are hit you will understand why. We had the drivers side taken out in a pilot Christmas Eve because I had parked about three feet back because I could in a straight truck.

I park with the nose even when in the middle of the row, because of the difficulty in seeing a truck parked at the back of the spot in total darkness. That's something I learned when I drove t/t, and nearly backed into a not quite empty spot, when it was really dark, & I was really tired, too.
On the end, though, I usually park further back, to give the trailers room to cut the corner
. And still, I got hit a few months ago by a flatbed pulling out - it's gonna happen, no matter where or how you park, sooner or later. Even at WalMart.
Maybe especially there, lol.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I drive a van and get the cold shoulder treatment from T/T drivers, straight truck drivers ( with the exception of Cher and HighwayStar) and many van drivers. Maybe its just me!

I've got to ask you why you wish to seek acknowledgment from T/T drivers?