No Forced Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie4477

Seasoned Expediter
Don't try to make it look like I lied about why I was asked to leave. The last month which ended on may 31st I decided to haul whatever loads I was offered..the last 2 weeks I sat in northern Iowa for 4 days and finally dead headed back to chicago area. The next week I took a load to New jersey...I sat there for a week..no load offers. Deah head back to Youngstown. The next week took a load to Wentzville,Mo...sat there for 4 days. Finally offered a load out of Effingham took it...turned out a dry run. Next load offer dead head back to st louis and pick up..load paid just over $1 a mile counting dh.That last turn down got me asked to leave. I don't have to lie about happened at load 1...if u're happy working under a forced dispatch system I'm happy for you. I"m just saying why lie about it???

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I agree with some of what you said. Still doesn't change what NO FORCED DISPATCH MEANS. One reason for turning down a short run...say to Toledo would be maybe because the person may have already ran 2 150 mile trips in a row and he knows he is gonna have to dead head back to Taylor to load out of Toledo....what do u think? How many short runs will you take in row?

Why would you have to DH back to Taylor?.....curious

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I agree with some of what you said. Still doesn't change what NO FORCED DISPATCH MEANS. One reason for turning down a short run...say to Toledo would be maybe because the person may have already ran 2 150 mile trips in a row and he knows the is gonna have to dead head back to Taylor to load out of Toledo....what do u think? How many short runs will you take in row?

Ahhh..I can't speak to a D unit, but I leave the yard and go to Toledo when there are 3-4 or more units there and i never have an issue getting dispatched out of there...so i can't see a reason to DH back to Taylor to get loaded at all...and i know that D units get freight out of Toledo also..but how much, i have no idea..really doesn't concern me...

But beyond that, the number of shortyouldnt be an issue for me even in a D as long as i made the decision myslef, buts what would be is starting my clock and wasting it running those short runs and then not leaving enough hours to even be considered for a long run...( and if a D unit is like us, you don't get knocked or written up for tuning down a run less then 200, especially when in Taylor...so running those shortys was on you...

Last edited:

charlie4477

Seasoned Expediter
You are exactly where you need to be then. Let dispatch decide where you will run and how much they will pay you. Kind of takes the pressure of making your own decisions off huh...Why did you want to own your own van if you are going to let somebody else tell you every move to make?? Jus curious.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You are exactly where you need to be then. Let dispatch decide where you will run and how much they will pay you. Kind of takes the pressure of making your own decisions off huh...Why did you want to own your own van if you are going to let somebody else tell you every move to make?? Jus curious.

Now it's just getting funny.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

I don't always go to Taylor...I'll sit in Toledo....They'll head me up that way when my time is right...or I'll sit in Saline or Howell....No need to go to Taylor....Especially a D unit...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter

Ok, 1st, I am in my 60's and retired long before i contracted to Load 1...2nd, I am a "vacation expediter"..i do this because I enjoy it, and my wife and i get a really good when we only see each other a week out of the month.

Now, if i am going to do this just because, why wouldn't i contract to a carrier and let them find the loads, do the billing, collect the money, deal with the Fed and their regulation and all the rest that the carrier does while I just sit and wait, get a load , pick it up and deliver it and get paid the next fri....that seems like a no brainer to me....

Oh as for owning by van, i own it because its setup as i want it, not as a owner would want it if it was his....and i don't have to take a % of whats paid to the van, its all mine...

Last edited:

charlie4477

Seasoned Expediter
While you're waving your pom poms around you should answer my question...be honest. I know there are drivers at load 1 doing very well...and more power to em. I've never been a brown noser myself so I didn't expect to be on top of the heap... If it had been no forced dispatch I would still be there instead of having to get requalified with landstar...where I was to begin with. BTW I'm taking the owners truck with me so he must have confidence in me...what do u think.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have clicked on all the ads for Load 1 and no where is "non forced dispatch" mentioned....
who told you it was not forced dispatch?

charlie4477

Seasoned Expediter
How about because I have delivered to Toledo at least 4 times since driving for Load 1 and have never gotten reloaded out of the Toledo area. Always ended up dead heading back to the detroit area to reload. You know that everything has to come back to Taylor so they can reload their trucks!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How about because I have delivered to Toledo at least 4 times since driving for Load 1 and have never gotten reloaded out of the Toledo area. Always ended up dead heading back to the detroit area to reload. You know that everything has to come back to Taylor so they can reload their trucks!

Toledo to Detroit is NOT a major DH. I don't think I have ever before heard anyone complain about short dead heads like that. You kinda lost me here.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Sorry you had such bad luck out of northern Ohio.....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Well the fact that you admittedly turned down more lods then you can remember in and of itself sayes there is that there is a kind of "open ended" no forced dispatch...but it does say on the Load 1 website. no forced dispatch...but then again, while i don't have it in front of me, i know that turning loads down in excess is covered in the company handbook....But again its all about the numbers..I have no doubt that if you continually turn load offers down from the Lanstar Brokers, while they don't have a forced dispatch system persay, do it to excess, and they will simply not call you.

As for you not getting loaded out of the Toledo area..ok..i do, I live there..so when i get back to Taylor, I dont hang in the yard, i go home, and alot of times ill get dispatched for a load ahead of the guys in the yard because i am the closed truck to the freight.

As for taking the owners truck with you..i dont recall anyone here questioning youon your ability to be a good driver for an owner..so more power to you, thats great.

So i guess we have beat this to the point of, "it is what it is" and i wish you all the luck in the world..hold your head up and quit lookin back...you only have tomorrow to make a good day, yesterday is gone...:)

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Doesnt sound like LoadOne was working out for you at all. It sounds like they did you a favor actually. Now you can find a company that fits you better.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am with Chef...Good Luck with your new carrier....one door closes and another door opens....look to the future...history is just that, history....don't look back....Life is too short.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter

hmmm kinda like driving for someone else and not owning your own truck...no pressure there..dont have to worry about oh...paying for it, insuring it, maintaining it, keeping a viable companny annd screwing with the Fed on regulation of ownership..or keeping it on the road..you know, no pressure there...get from point A to point B on time.....just sayin...:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.