Nissan Van Operators???

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just talked to a member on here today...don't know why he hasn't responded....Now 25,000 miles on his Nissan....running great, sets nice on the road......averaging about 16.8 mpg at 63 mph....over the period.

Do you know which model and engine he's running?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
in the past yes Load 1 took sprinters that only held 2 skids, they also took CV's...but that changed months ago....
Try it today....and if the rumors that i am hearing coming out of Taylor prove to be true, watch the jaws drop....

Last edited:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
in the past yes Load 1 took sprinters that only held 2 skids, they also took CV's...but that changed months ago....
Try it today....and if the rumors that i am hearing coming out of Taylor prove to be true, watch the jaws drop....

Hey, I can carry three skids, and, and I have three moving blankets too. lol

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That... And they are fugly...

They resemble the van's predecessor, the panel truck. Kinda like when the Dodge Ram pickups were introduced or the Sprinter to this country; radically different, which can equate to fugly, but after time become acceptable and even trend setting.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
They resemble the van's predecessor, the panel truck. Kinda like when the Dodge Ram pickups were introduced or the Sprinter to this country; radically different, which can equate to fugly, but after time become acceptable and even trend setting.

Hmmm..Think I could get John to let me put a 1953 ford F seris "Panel Truck" on!?!? That would be very cool!! :)

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
get a sprinter van 4 pallets
if you need a sprinter send pm

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmmm..Think I could get John to let me put a 1953 ford F seris "Panel Truck" on!?!? That would be very cool!! :)
Very cool! Did you or do you own one? When I was a kid I almost bought a 59 Dodge 4x4 panel truck. I think we had a similar discussion about this some years back.

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
LDB,yes your correct.didn't read before I sent.I thought it would get better but everyone I talk too theirs doesn't get any better.

Still better than the Surburban we had.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Its a 3500 HD...5.7 Titan engine

I was hoping that was the case. Getting 16.8 at 63 with that unit is a good sign. That compares with the extended Chevy 3500 and 6.0 but gives you stand up height and a nicer cabin. I'm sure the 2500 V6 would do better empty but not sure it would do well loaded plus losing a lot of capacity.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I know there are company's out there that will raise the roof on the Chevy and Fords, but not many will raise the doors to match the top. Why doesn't Chevy or Ford do this. Well not a big enough market to tool an assembly line, but for a strong aftermarket to the right company would be a huge sales market for the expedite industry. Just my opinion.
I am refering to someone taking their C/Van in and redoing the body.

Last edited: