Nissan takes aim at Sprinter

WestSide

Seasoned Expediter
I'm wondering if it would be more reliable and less problematic than MB. Certainly service would be more responsive.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
we had a thread on this a while ago. it looks like a 2 skid vehicle. questions also were raised about the mpg from the thirsty nissan engine. it also appears to be a std lth and not extended.

yep 2 skids....
http://www.nissancommercialvehicles.com/features/cargo.php

Nissan has designed the NV lineup to fit your big stuff. Standard roof offers 220+ cubic feet of cargo space, while the high roof boasts more than 300 cubic feet of cargo space.

500+ cft of space in the hcv.

just for comparison sake......

http://www.visionmanufacturingltd.com/high-capacity-van.html

this takes aim at the hcv market and the aerocell citywide but the sprinter, no way.

welcome to the game nissan.

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
From Light and Medium Duty Trucking

The suggested retail prices for Nissan North America’s new commercial van, the 2012 NV, will range from $24,590 to $32,190, depending on configuration, the company said Tuesday.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
this should start a new set off competition and different designs,,,Nissan will make them bigger thru the years,,just wait.:D

Freightdawg

Expert Expediter
I have a 2005 Nissan King Cab 5.6L 2 wheel drive pickup. I have been very happy with it. I get about 19mpg at 70-75 on the interstate and about 15 in town. It will easily tow anything I've tried. According to the scan gauge, it's doing 22+mpg at 55-60. It has been a very dependable truck. If Nissan makes an extended van,. they may really have something!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
These companies never listen to what the drivers need when they make their designs. It's a shame. Maybe in the future Nissan will make a van that is comparable or even better than the Sprinter. But until that time, i'll stick to my old GMC van "my rolling sardine can!" I'll keep on buying my GMC vans until I start to smell like an anchovi!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
These companies never listen to what the drivers need when they make their designs.

No they listen to the market and the fleets, drivers are insignificant in their marketing strategy, especially in a very small market of vans.

14Wheeler

Seasoned Expediter
These companies never listen to what the drivers need when they make their designs.

I dunno about that.
Merc/Audi/VW probably manufacture the best daily drivers in the world. I gotta believe a part of their success was indeed due to listening to the customer. Isn't the "sprinter" considered the finest made van in the world ?