NFL 2018-2019

muttly

Veteran Expediter
At the frozen tundra in Lambeau Field the 5-10 Lions( and vying for a top draft pick) are beating the Packers 24-0. Somebody needs to tell them that this is their Tank Bowl and not the SuperBowl.

Reactions: RoadTime and Ragman

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When I saw 21-0 at halftime Ithought “Is this a prank where the teams switched uniforms to see if anyone would notice”?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Looking for chaos with these late games regarding the playoff picture. I want Chicago and Philadelphia to win along with Baltimore and Cinci. Ousting Pittsburgh and Minnesota.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
SOL = Only the Detroit Kiddie Kats could blow having a top 5 draft position by winning a meaningless game.

Reactions: ntimevan

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Baltimore is doing a lot to keep Cleveland in the game. It wouldn't surprise me if Cleveland ended up winning this game and Baltimore blowing another game to end their season.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I spoke to Lewie, a bookie from Southfield.
I may have misunderstood him, he whispers a lot, but I’m pretty sure Patricia had a dime on Green Bay to win today.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well Jim Bob Cooter is gone.with that name he ought to open a chain of juke joints.
Will a quality guy replace him knowing he’d be #4 OC for Stanford and that if Patricia doesn’t get it together there may be a total housecleaning a year from now. Or sooner.
They need a worst to first badly.
Can I be the first to say it ain’t gonna happen?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Trade him to Jacksonville. They need a QB.
Cassell isn't the answer though so they better have a plan to upgrade that position.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Cooter is a scapegoat.

Wow, ok I'm more then a little surprised he is gone.

Hmm, coach trades away my best offensive player in Tate, and the rest go down with injuries, and its my faught the offence sucks now?

...next man up, or in this case, next team up, can only do so much, scapegoat is right.

Reactions: muttly and ntimevan

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Cooter is a scapegoat.

Wow, ok I'm more then a little surprised he is gone.

Hmm, coach trades away my best offensive player in Tate, and the rest go down with injuries, and its my faught the offence sucks now?

...next man up, or in this case, next team up, can only do so much, scapegoat is right.
Exactly right. They traded Tate earlier in the season. Didn't have their best receiver and running back for a large chunk of the season.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just read that the 6 highest paid NFL QBs will all be spectators for the playoffs.
Average pay about 28.5 million per year.
$$$ does not guarantee success.
Pride, culture, are motivators.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I called DirecTV and told them to take off the auto renewal for NFL Sunday Ticket. I now dont watch enough NFL to pay $300 a year for the ticket.

If you don't mind waiting to watch a game till after it's over. NFL Gamepass is a nice on demand option for $99 a year, plus extra content like Hard Knocks, etc. I like watching football on my schedule. Full games are shorter, cutting out the commercial breaks and half time, fast forward a boring game ;) and a condenced game verison that just shows every snap/play can be watched in 30-40 mins. Pre-season games can be watched Live if you want. But I tend to do a lot of fast forwarding in pre-season :rolleyes:

Last season I watched just about every NFL game, this year not as much. Only real down side, is you need to go dark and stay away from spoiler alerts. And have game pass setup to not show the final score. Hard to get into a game when you know the outcome :rolleyes:

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As I reread every post since post one ( told y’all too much free time and really fun this year as a Bears fan )
I run across this post.
I tape most games and fast forward through the timeouts and breaks.
It takes about 90 minutes as I will watch some replays, penalty explanations, etc.
How’s RT watch 60 minutes of action in 30-40?

Oh yeah. Lions Fan. No Lions game has anywhere near 60 minutes of action.