mohawk

Active Expediter
Hi everyone been lurking on the site for awhile but took my first expediting job so I figured I would sign up. Been driving class A but after reading and researching and getting fed up with various companies I've decided to try expediting for awhile so greetings and thanks for all the wonderful advice on here.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Welcome. I think this site is preaty good at getting good info....Well most of the time. Anyway, Hi and good luck.

Bob Wolf

Monty

Expert Expediter
Well, since ya posted about 1:30am ..... you have a good start on the crazy schedules! Best of luck.....

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Be prepared for the differences between driving truck and expedite.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums mobile app

mohawk

Active Expediter
Thanks everyone. Took a job with A. Blair enterprises and so far I'm loving it. Very different from the trucking I'm used to but enjoyable just the same.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Thanks everyone. Took a job with A. Blair enterprises and so far I'm loving it. Very different from the trucking I'm used to but enjoyable just the same.

It's a good time of year to switch, you get the chance to learn the system so you are ready when it gets busy.

mohawk

Active Expediter
I'm staying fairly busy so far and I think it will be even better once I get my sleeping arrangement just right in the Sprinter lol.

Sent from my ADR6350 using EO Forums mobile app

paullud

Veteran Expediter
That depends on your height, if you are around 6' I found the best idea was to set up a bed from side to side so you have to pick it up less. If you are as tall as Dreamer you may have to set it up running front to back and then leave the rear doors open for proper leg room. Are you allowed to modify the van at all? By that I mean can you bolt something to the floor or wall.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That depends on your height, if you are around 6' I found the best idea was to set up a bed from side to side so you have to pick it up less. If you are as tall as Dreamer you may have to set it up running front to back and then leave the rear doors open for proper leg room.

The visual on that is just hilarious! [What does one do when it's freezing - sleep with boots on?] :p
Are you allowed to modify the van at all? By that I mean can you bolt something to the floor or wall.

Welcome, newbie! If you've been lurking a while, we don't gotta explain our sense of humour, right? ;)

mohawk

Active Expediter
6'3 and yes I'm allowed to do modifications to the vehicle. I can lay from wall to wall but am firmly touching both sides lol so I'm thinking long ways is going to be the only way for me to go. Right now I'm just using an air mattress and it seems to be doing ok but the cold comes up from the floor so I'm looking at ways to fix that if anyone has any suggestions.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I put Reflectix under my plywood which helps create a little resistance, then I put in a shag area rug. You may want to look into putting a hinged bed against the wall so that once it is folded down you will be completely off the floor.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
6'3 and yes I'm allowed to do modifications to the vehicle. I can lay from wall to wall but am firmly touching both sides lol so I'm thinking long ways is going to be the only way for me to go. Right now I'm just using an air mattress and it seems to be doing ok but the cold comes up from the floor so I'm looking at ways to fix that if anyone has any suggestions.
I'm curious about what you mean by "the cold comes up through the floor". Are you saying that it effects the mattress? Or just talking about the fact of cold coming through the floor.

Maybe we need to invent an air heater for the air beds? :)

mohawk

Active Expediter
I mean when I'm laying on the bed the air mattress is absorbing all the cold from the floor so while my blankets are keeping me warm on top the mattress itself is radiating coldness it seems. Although its not really a problem at the moment since I'm in Miami and its like 70 outside lol

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I mean when I'm laying on the bed the air mattress is absorbing all the cold from the floor so while my blankets are keeping me warm on top the mattress itself is radiating coldness it seems. Although its not really a problem at the moment since I'm in Miami and its like 70 outside lol

Ok, thats what I thought you were meaning. I have no experience with the air mattresses, but have considered trying one. Sounds like you'll have to have a barrier...either a rug of some kind or something insulated on the floor, under the mattress. Or your going to need something to get the mattress off the floor.

If you can afford it, a lot of guys are using different camping style, foldable cots. Some are using a "Pragma" foldable bed. They seem to be really happy with them.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner

I have my bed hinged to the drivers side wall ..its about 16-18" off the floor.. works really well..we are living out here not camping..you wouldnt sleep on your floor @ home...make your van as comfortable as possible!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

paullud

Veteran Expediter

I'm right up the road in Fort Pierce, its great to finally be in some warmer weather.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I have my bed hinged to the drivers side wall ..its about 16-18" off the floor.. works really well..we are living out here not camping..you wouldnt sleep on your floor @ home...make your van as comfortable as possible!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

Were you the one that put pictures of that set up on here?