New York City

bobwg

Expert Expediter
I usually get to my delivery between 3am and 4am and almost always find an open spot in the loading zone, then after delivery head back out to either the Lombardi service plaza for a nap or Petro Bordentown

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Like what was stated several times early like 4-5am but I have found that early Monday AM should be easy to get in. Most people that do that everyday don't get in early on Monday because they want to stay away as long as possible, it's called OMG I've got to go to work sindrum. Make sure you lock the back of the truck. Have fun.
One thing about people that must show you their IQ by hand jestures, just wave back and smile, it drives them nuts.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
And yes really 17 times...thankfully she doesn't keep all the last names. Though she likes truckers and sounds like she'll be on the prowl again soon...may the gods have mercy on us all!
My fiancee teases her that he can't afford her tombstone, imagine all those last names! :p

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
I'm a rare one that likes NYC ! Here's my take..Park @ Lombardi Service Plaza for an early start across GWB. Slow and steady wins the race on Manhattan ! Your usually going slow enough to spot any dangers before you get to them. Pull your mirrors in. If you like the NYC experience, you can park @ Lombardi and walk to NJ transit at the park and ride for a $2.75 bus ride to Port Authority Bus Terminal near Times SquARE.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
I'm a rare one that likes NYC ! Here's my take..Park @ Lombardi Service Plaza for an early start across GWB. Slow and steady wins the race on Manhattan ! Your usually going slow enough to spot any dangers before you get to them. Pull your mirrors in. If you like the NYC experience, you can park @ Lombardi and walk to NJ transit at the park and ride for a $2.75 bus ride to Port Authority Bus Terminal near Times SquARE.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

I'd love to play tourist, idk if time will permit this time but I hope so!

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Beautiful pic! I've started an album on Facebook recently that's nothing but pictures from the road...I was blowing up my mobile uploads album and finding it hard to go back and find a pic if I wanted to!

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Going to NYC, deliver Monday morning...this is a first for us. Any tips, words of advice, must sees, etc? Also what's the best bet for a truck stop? I've been told it's best to go to a New Jersey truck stop! Thanks!

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

It all starts with how tall your truck is. If your 13 feet or under you can go threw the Lincoln tunnel. If your 13.2 drop your are bags and you will be fine. All of our trucks have went threw the Lincoln tunnel for years. It will bring you out on Dyer Ave and then turn right on 42nd street. You can take 42nd st to Broadway and turn right and that will take you to 34th street. Just remember most of your odd numbers streets go west and your even number streets goes east. As you leave just go west till you hit route 9A as 34th street is a two way street. Take route 9A north to 40th street and that will put you right back to the Lincoln tunnel. I always tell people to go to google maps and look up where they are going. Have fun as I love going to New York City. :)

leezaback

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
we always use the willis street bridge-to 2nd follow down till u find the crossover street you want. get in early-parking is very slim pickings-carefull not to get caught on the red lite cameras-I;ve gotton caught under a few. all the avenues go in one direction and the streets in another. We come out to 1st. then back over the willis street bridge-it's the easiest. have fun

zorry

Veteran Expediter
As soon as you get off the Willis Street Bridge don't you go under a walkway marked 12'2" and an overpass marked 12'6" ?
I didn't slow down and thought my co-driver was going to have a heart attack ! We're 13'5".
I was told beforehand that we would fit.