New update

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I think it would make everyone happy. the old one was a PIA in capital letters, this one is downright discouraging.

Did I mention that we should have some pickles here?

Ya think Lawrence could be bribed with pickles...by gory I'd send him some!:D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
SnoopyDance.gif

Happy Dance!!​

HillJack

Not a Member
I can't figure out what the point of this thread is. The bar is progress. When your mouse gets close to it you receive a pop up. That is what it is for. The advertisers get seen that way. Is EO not a business? They get paid by those who advertise. The bar helps to get the advertiser's message out. Seems like it works pretty well to me. What's the problem?

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I can't figure out what the point of this thread is. The bar is progress. When your mouse gets close to it you receive a pop up. That is what it is for. The advertisers get seen that way. Is EO not a business? They get paid by those who advertise. The bar helps to get the advertiser's message out. Seems like it works pretty well to me. What's the problem?

#1...the ads are already there at the top of the page.
#2..if you'd made more than 6 posts you might understand the aggavation better..

Not necessary and not well liked..enough for ya?

greg334

Veteran Expediter

The problem is that the user, not the advertiser rules. Without the numbers - unique hits, conversion to ad views, etc ... - the site can't sell real-estate at the rate that makes money. This means that if no wants to bother coming here, the site is useless to the advertiser.

msams

Administrator
Staff member
We appreciate everyone's feedback on this. Over the past couple days we've made some updates that will hopefully make the ad bar seem a little less intrusive. The hover triggers have been removed. The ads will now appear only when you click one of the advertisers in the bar. The height of the bar has also been reduced.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
We appreciate everyone's feedback on this. Over the past couple days we've made some updates that will hopefully make the ad bar seem a little less intrusive. The hover triggers have been removed. The ads will now appear only when you click one of the advertisers in the bar. The height of the bar has also been reduced.

Thanks it is am improvement but I'm a hard one to please, getting rid of it is the only thing that I see that is needed. The thing is that it adds to the computer portion of the browser, and by doing so it is not just annoying but still intrusive.

What's the problem with having some of us to be able to opt out of the ad thing in the first place. It isn't like the few are going to use most of the ads to go to those companies, because we already know them and where to find the info.