new to expedited area

sircharles4999

Rookie Expediter
hello all new to this! question i am new to expedited area and i have found a carrier who will pay 28% of gross or 1.70 per mile and driving his truck dose that sound good. thanks in advance for any and all input!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Re: sircharles4999

hello all new to this! question i am new to expedited area and i have found a carrier who will pay 28% of gross or 1.70 per mile and driving his truck dose that sound good. thanks in advance for any and all input!

What kind of truck? What kind of freight? Who pays fuel? Who gets what part or all of FSC?

Need a lot more info to answer that one for you.

Welcome

zorry

Veteran Expediter

Is that 28% of gross. Or 28% of $1.70 per mile. All miles ? Loaded only miles ?
Does truck have APU ?
Who pays tolls ?
What happens to out of route miles accumulated ?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Is that $1.70 including the FSC or the base rate? Any loading or unloading to do?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

Wow...over six bucks a mile. I'm game. I guess it might be a secret as to what you might be hauling. ;)

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

If you're talking straight truck, then 28% of 1.70 = .476, which is right around what Panther drivers who make 40% of 1.20 make. This is a good wage IF you're not paying anything out of that, pertaining to the truck, like fuel or tolls.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

It says the carrier pays .28 percent of gross. But probably means the carriers rate is 1.70

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

Might want to check. If the owner is paying for the fuel, why would he give you the FSC?

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

If the rate is 1.70, I'm guessing the FSC and load money are all tied in together. Thus, the 28%. C&M was 1.60, and I got 30% for the same reason.