New Tax's and fees for credit card use.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
LOL! It happens more often if you slip them that contraband orange you are carrying.
Seriously tho...I don't know how they get away with waving the charge off if it is in the books that all should pay....that is taxpayer income right there that they are blowing off...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Seriously tho...I don't know how they get away with waving the charge off if it is in the books that all should pay....that is taxpayer income right there that they are blowing off...

I guess I look at it in a different way. It is NOT taxpayer income. I am a "taxpayer" and I see NO income from it. It is simply a "stealth tax". They SHOULD be charging the offending party to destroy products that are not allowed. They are NOT entitled to MY wages to cover those expenses. A joke is, after all, a joke.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Or if you do a lot of Canada runs you could just buy the transponder for $205 and run free for a year. I bought it on their web site, submitted the receipt to my carrier and they reimbursed me. Now I can cross free until December 31.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Or if you do a lot of Canada runs you could just buy the transponder for $205 and run free for a year. I bought it on their web site, submitted the receipt to my carrier and they reimbursed me. Now I can cross free until December 31.

I have NEVER spend $205 dollars in a year on that stealth tax. They are LOSING a LOT of money on that transponder. Just charge what it cost PER CROSSING, and there would be many more buying them. That of course makes sense, which is why it will never happen.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had trouble getting reimbursed for the $10.75 each time, but my carrier agreed to pay 100% for the transponder. For me, it's a great deal. I've been to Canada 3 times already this year. It's saved me paying $32.25 out of pocket already.

Plus this year some crossings, like Port Huron, are using cash lanes or transponder lanes. It should help get across quicker using the transponder.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yeah, buttcha know what? I have ALWAYS been able to smell the difference between a rose and a cow patty.

It's just the difference between a government imposed tax and a merchant/business imposed surcharge that you can't tell apart, eh?
Oh - and watch the 'faux cussing' - some folks take exception to it. :rolleyes:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's just the difference between a government imposed tax and a merchant/business imposed surcharge that you can't tell apart, eh?

Well, riddem fraddum! Best read the act that led to this. No "faux cussing" either, EnglishLady's faux hunter got rid of all the fauxes. GEEZ, even OVM knows that!

THIS is a GREAT example of "faux taxes" that the DAMAGE they cause!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VMSGrY-IlU

"Faux cussing"? NOPE, just the English ('Mercian) spelling of a Russian word! If'n you spoke Russian as gooder as I did you would know that. Bet you don't even know what the "ROOSIAN" language either.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Let some folks take a hike.....IMO