New Quick Meals

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Has anyone else tried these new Healthy Choice Steamers? Here is a link: Healthy Choice: Explore Our Products

They don't have to be refrigerated. You add water to the rice and cook it for 5 min in the microwave then heat the meat sauce for 30 seconds and mix the two together in the rice bowl. We only tried the Sesame Chicken but it was wonderful! I think an egg roll is needed to make it a perfect meal but it is easy, quick, and pretty nutritious.

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
I will try these. I am always looking for something
new to try. Have you ever tried the
Betty Crocker Pasta Bowls. They have several
flavors and all you do is add a little hot water and
microwave for 5 minutes. They are pretty good..

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
I'm a fan of Zatarain's products. The Dirty Rice is good and spicy. When barb-q-ing, I've cooked shrimp in a cast iron skillet and then added in the dirty rice. It gets a smoky taste all the way through. I also like the Carribean Rice with a small pouch of Sweet Sue chicken added in.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
India what part of the store do you find these meals in? I hate to shop and I hate to look for stuff so any pointers would be great. We picked up a few of the last ears of corn I think for summer to make in the microwave this week.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
I found the Healthy Choice meals in the section with boxed meals. This sure is a nice (fast) change. I think I'll go back in WalMart and look for some frozen egg rolls to go with these rice meals.

XCountryTeam

Seasoned Expediter
That sounds good. I will have to find a wal-mart or market when we can. We have had the pasta bowl many times last year, they are easy, good and a fast side dish. Yummy, something spicy I will have to look for that also. Where do you find them?

blondechick

Seasoned Expediter
I have tried the Healthy Choice Meals. SouthWest Chicken and also Rotini and Zesty Marinara. I love the flavor. The pasta and the rice microwave great, they come out moist and soft. My only complaint is the chicken was a little tough. But in my opinion these taste 100 times better than the frozen meals.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
While sitting in Melville NY which is out on the Island, \

I had a wip of this

1 Nuked micro waved Patato = Baked Patato

1 can of sweet Peas Warmed in the Micro wave

and A Table spoon of Country Crock Lite Butter

and added Bacon Bits and S&P and wamo a
MRE in a Bowl.

Note the Patato was cooked sep from the Sweet Peas that were just warmed.

I drank the Juice from the Peas for my Drink then Washed the rests down with a half pint of Apple Juice.
It worked for me.
By the way The peas super Alkine my system which knocks out the Fat.

It was good it realy was but then again I hadnt ate nothing since the day before in NC so anyway.
I was Hungry.:)

oh ya forgot to tell ya today I had so much energy U wouldnt believe it I felt like I was 16 all over again and the Hormones attention!!!!! HG Good GOLY anyway,

Last edited:

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
yes the healthy choice meals are great. some though are very high in salt. also start cheching some of the other stuff you eat on a regular basis we did and were in disbelief. had to find some new favorites. lots of our regulars after checking were consistently over 700 in salt. we have adopted a new less than 650 in salt plan after seeing what we have. now we can get our rings off and our shoes on, lol. the healthy choice frozen meals have a few good choices although wqe have found a few not to be great.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Have to watch the fruit juices too. I just found out that not only grapefruit juice affects meds but also apple and orange. It kinda makes it hard to eat or drink right when so many things affects meds the way they do. Layoutshooter