New Ohio Ban on Smoking

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
I've seen this said a few times on here and i didn't reply. I thought it was just a passing thought or something, but now I have to ask...

Then again, expediters are the cream of the driving force. Perhaps there's a correlation.

What makes you or any other expeditors that have said the above think that we are better than anyone else out here. we are all doing the job that we chose to do. what would make you think that we are the cream of the crop. I've seen many expeditors out here that are nothing more then disgusting pigs. They care nothing about their appearance or hygiene. Others that don't know how to read a map or follow directions, and some that don't even know how to drive.
I guess I just have a problem with people that think they are better then someone else. We all have something to contribute.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As a group I see a better group of people in the expediters I've had association with than the general driver group I went through CDL school with and was a part of in my time with an OTR company. There were excellent people in that group as well however it seems to me the 'good buddy' network is stronger and larger in the general otr community than in the expedite community. I make no personal claim to be any better or worse than anyone else. I do express my opinion of those I have contact with and that's my opinion.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

lanier1

Seasoned Expediter
There are exceptions to every generalization. The majority of OTR drivers I am exposed to at truckstops, pick ups and deliveries are not people I would invite to my house for dinner. The expedite world seems to attract a different person. Does that mean we are "better"? No, just different or perhaps a little more proud of who we are and how we wish others to view us.

bamapeople2006

Expert Expediter
CAN'T YOU JUST SEE IT NOW? CIGARETTES WILL COMPLETELY BANNED EVERYWHERE!! INCLUDING THE PRIVACY OF OUR OWN HOMES!! IT WILL GET TO THAT POINT UNLESS WE AS SMOKERS TAKE A STAND NOW!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Calm down, Bama - they're not going to ban smoking, & give up all the money it brings in when they keep raising the taxes on it. Until everyone buys cigarettes only from the Indian reservations, anyway.

silverdollar

Expert Expediter
I don`t care if you smoke or not,that is your business. I smoked for over 50yrs and quit 4yrs ago, retired from trucking 2yrs ago. I wish that they would ban retired yuppies who are bored from entering the trucking profession.x(