New mattress

ccrider

Seasoned Expediter
Well, we did it at last. After two years of going from the kitchenette cushions under a couple foam pads we finally got a real inner spring mattress for the truck. Found a guy in Franklin, OH, who custom-made-to-order an exact fit mattress to fit the Volvo 780. Even more impressive is that I ordered it on a Sunday and picked it up Monday afternoon. Life is good.

comet_4298

Seasoned Expediter
Well, we did it at last. After two years of going from the kitchenette cushions under a couple foam pads we finally got a real inner spring mattress for the truck. Found a guy in Franklin, OH, who custom-made-to-order an exact fit mattress to fit the Volvo 780. Even more impressive is that I ordered it on a Sunday and picked it up Monday afternoon. Life is good.
Could you give us the contact info?

guido4475

Not a Member
I have a foam mattress and love it, my next move will be a memory foam mattress from wal-mart, Nick and Jenny bought one, and it is real nice and comfortable.Under $200.00.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Before dropping the cash at Walmart, you might want to check out the Serta Memory Foam mattresses and toppers at Overstock.com.

I got my 3-inch memory foam topper from there to go on top of e 6-inch regular (el cheapo) foam mattress. It's the same price regardless of size. So size doesn't matter, but thickness does. :D

My mattress is only 30x65, and I got the California King, which is quite a bit larger than twice the size of my bunk. I cut it to fit and have a spare.

ccrider

Seasoned Expediter
Sorry for the delay...

I paid $390 for an inner spring mattress 10" x 42"x75 made to the size I asked for.

Sleep Tite Mattress Factory And Showroom
800-859-3703
I delt with Rusty.

They are at :

303 Conover Dr
Franklin, OH

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We bought a Sleepdog mattress after seeing them at the Expo last year. We love it. The innerspring we had before allowed too much bounce

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
We also have a Volvo tractor that we used the kitchenette cushions with memory foam as our bed.
This year at the truck show we spoke to Lisa at Sleep Dog Mattress booth and she said she could custom make us a mattress for our Volvo.
I got home and ordered it. 42 x 75 x 8" and it is perfect fit.
Sleeps like a dream. I don't wake up now while sleeping while my husband is driving, even when on a bumpy road.
Best $439.00 we spent in awhile.